[All] Idea about World Chat Privileges

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Justin the killer, Aug 21, 2015.

?

Do you players believe that kano should get rid of chat bans?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i believe that kano needs to let players off the hook an take chat bans off the game! An i believe they should be looking more into the Alt Accounts an focusing in on getting rid of them an the big time Cheaters in the game. Please rate My Idea Thank You!

lotte melisa likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I disagree cause some people can get really nasty and just like the forum there are TOS violations all the time, so NO they should ban people, if the offense is not that bad they can always get their chat back, You cannot be vulgar or accuse people of cheating.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Tony Montana, George Burd and JADES like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No on getting rid of them. Most of the bans IMO are bull crap. But keep in mind, they won't just let anyone go running amuck saying whatever they so desire at any given time.

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  4. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I think what is sad is that there has to be chat bans because people don't know how to behave themselves on the internet. Anonymity brings out the worst in some people. There is nothing wrong with a little good natured trash talk if folks are so inclined but an anything goes free for all can easily cross the line. Just as I am in favor of chat bans for the worst violators I would also be in favor of bans for those who report simply out of spite with no cause.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    George Burd, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i have been banned for who knows how long. i just don't use the chat feature anymore. and i never have a need to post messages in bosses, so i couldn't care about being banned any longer.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

what he said.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think there should be more than 2 options for this poll haha if the bans were at some point permanent then it would mean more...as it stands now, the bans are a complete joke cause they last a couple days and then some ahole plays pusspuss and says all the right crap that nobody in their coherent mind would actually believe, and theyre back

Kirsten likes this.
  8. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i didn't vote. come over to kong. you can say whatever you want in the kong chat, and nothing will happen to you (i know from experience because i tried).

9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I wish there were a 3rd option.

I concur that the bans have become a bit over done and too lengthy but firmly believe they need to still be there.

But for saying alt or cheater maybe 24hours.

but truthfully, no ban should affect the faction chat option.

And don't tell me it's all or nothing, I've watched it work with faction and groups working but wc not. so it IS possible.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I got banned on Armor chat, although it took almost a week after my comments and it was for things that are allowed to say on FB chat LOL :confused:

AlterEgoT likes this.
  11. AlterEgoT

I've seen folks banned too over on kong. Don't know about armor but on kong there has to be a moderator in the room. Or did lol.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Kong and Armor share same world chat :)

13. RafeDavid

I banned myself from World Chat. How do I get reinstated?

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not sure if joking or not, but if would like World Chat back submit a ticket> http://support.kanoapps.com/

15. RafeDavid

I was just joking; or was I?

1-800-Chat-Ban. For those with chat abuse issues give it a try.

16. greatM

greatM Active Member

RafeDavid said:
    I banned myself from World Chat. How do I get reinstated?

mmm he banned himself ;) so not officially banned :rolleyes:
    So I guess all RafeDavid would need to do is send himself a ticket asking to be reinstated:D

No shit shelock!:rolleyes:
    Kong and now Armor, have their own separate chat groups for the games.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  17. greatM

greatM Active Member

I do not think kano should get rid of chat bans, I know I would be spilling the beans on the undesirable players that have a total disregard for the T&C that they sign up to when they register to play. Which can not be good for new players to be bombarded with in WC.
    Also we already have some that abuse the game, that try posting false propaganda in an attempt to deflect what they are doing onto others.

18. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

The biggest problem imo is that the bans are arbitrary. We have no way of knowing before hand if KANO will judge something offensive or not. (except that they most likely will,)
    I can get away with almost anything. Other are banned for nothing. Some people are reported for just entering the chat. Basically the system is unfair. unjust and uncool.
    Some people should be banned, absolutely. Racism, homophobia, personal attacks based on how you look should be banned.
    But we have the same admitted cheaters playing the game every day without consequence while if you mention that in chat you get banned. Cheat is ok. Talking about cheat will get you banned.
    Where is the logic in that?

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That does seems illogical, but for some reason Kano always says accusing someone in chat interferes with their investigating of said cheats, Not sure how it does, but that is their stock answer for it.

20. AlterEgoT

oh duh. forgot wc. was thinking of the kong chat. ROFL.