[FB] I got a bone to pick with the newsletter.

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Eraser, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

What is the big idea with selecting which reward I want for me huh?

I open the newsletter and so happy to see this,

newsletter.jpg

I was not yet ready to take a refill at all, but Since i already had opened it I thought, Why not click the blaster and go ahead and get that? so I clicked on the blaster, right to where i have pointed in red.

Another window pops up, and tells me "annihilation" you recieved such and such blaster and 1,000 ENERGY.

This is HIGHLY upsetting to me. I did NOT click on Energy in any way shape or form, Neither would I even dream of clicking on it. I dont need energy refills. they pay poor XP, and I never have any troubles completing my current outbreak BEFORE the next one unlocks.

A stamina refill on the other hand is very luckrative, most likley pick up a quick 120k experience from that.

Basically, Because I clicked on the blaster, I lost as much XP as dying 10 times. Thanks!!!!!! I really appreciate it.

Do i care if you fix this? No, because Ive already screwed myself, and wouldnt dream that anyone would see it actually fair that I got another free refill.

I just hope in the next 3 months you can program this better.

Thanks again for killing me 10 times.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ughhhh sorry that happened, I informed them of the problem :(

3. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Your frustration is understandable, and not uncommon. We've had this complaint from a number of players, and it's definitely something we'll change for next newsletter. Sorry for killing you 10 times.

On a positive note, look at that cool item you got! Neat, huh?

Also, let me provide a story/flavour explanation for why clicking on the Particle Blaster gives you an energy refill (and let's ignore the fact that doing so on the other promo weapons for the other games' newsletters also gives you energy for the sake of the story.) It's radioactive, and upon picking it up you become saturated with delicious weapons-grade radiation ie energy. Also, weapons-grade radiation is super dangerous, hence the dying 10 times. When you look at it like that, isn't it kind of awesome?

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LMAO you nutbread, I picked the stamina refill and went back for the weapon and no problems :) so it worked well doing it that way

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well, this is sort of pessimistic to say, but I must tell you, A high attack weapon was probably the least helpful sort of item that I could have possibly received. Id also like to mention that the weapons category is also the section that I am the furthest behind in my upgrades, still having MONTHS worth of upgrade time A high defense gear would have been the most helpful, being that is the weakest number I have in my inventory.

Its nice to see some freebies, Even if i did manage to mess it up. Im glad to see you guys giving back to your loyal players. Just unlucky me.

The reasons for me even posting this thread is to create some sort of warning/ awareness to the community.

6. Jessica

Jessica Member

Be glad you even got the newsletter some of us are so unlucky we didn't even get the newsletter even though we should have. Not sure if its just me but I'm still waiting on mine to show up (already mailed support about it though :p)

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Would you be jessica GA from the game? If that is too personal of a question to post in forum, then nevermind answering, Just go check the slag wall, I left a present for you there.

8. Chris Liotta

Chris Liotta New Member

how do I get the newsletter?

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

you get the newsletter if you subscribed to it at the top of the game page

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Unfortunately, emails are still going out for Zombie Slayer and Viking Clan, because the mailing lists for those games were huge. We're looking into some measures to streamline the process for next time, but if you signed up for the newsletter and still haven't gotten it yet, don't worry, it's on its way!

11. Eraser

Eraser Member

If you still havent got it, Just ask around. Somone can forward it to your email. I didnt get the one for myspace, So i just asked a friend to FW: It to my email and it worked.