Hunting Fellow Mobbies

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by Susan Patrick, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I think it's a bad idea and it would annoy a great deal of players. 1 star from me.

2. alka

alka Banned

The answer is in the question, you don't shoot friends!!
    I've been a successful hunter in many apps and could have gotten thousands more kills if it had not been for squad members.
    I guess some people aren't happy getting most of the bounties. Give someone else a chance to win some.
    1 from me.

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

why dont you?? and vice versa?? do you not like helping your friends out?? if ANY one of my clan has ANYTHING to gain from catching my absurdly high bounties then power to em!! youre going to die anyway, why on earth would you limit the chances of a kill and money going ONLY to your enemies or people you dont know??? how absurd is that rationale?? i'm not trying to belittle your thoughts in any way or attack/offend you but the key word being friends, i try my hardest to help EVERYONE in my clan in any way i possibly can and if them killing me when im going to die anyway will help then im all for it.

4. Demonik1

please das, elaborate. what's bad about it? you're right about one thing, it WOULD annoy some but a great many others would be relieved. guild members in the wars would no longer have to stay declanned and miss out on inner circle earnings from extremely active players as most players involved in the wars are. youre entitled to your opinion same as the rest, but if youre going to shoot down an idea at least give us all a bit more than "I think it's a bad idea..."

5. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Sure, some war people would be happy to not have to declan their friends to hunt, but as alka said, you don't shoot your friends.

Furthermore, if anyone can hunt you on the list, many small and big names will be upset. As to why? Well, they get suddenly hit by anyone and then finding those who aren't clan and hit you on the bounty becomes a hassle for the big players. While the smaller players have even less of a chance to score a bounty as big hunters can now stay on the list on end without having to worry about who goes up, they can attack anyway. I smell potential abuse from a kilometer against the wind.

You'll have to decide Inner Circle Earnings or Bounties. Both at the same time is simply unfair.

If you want more bounties, declan the high-profile targets. If you want more Inner Circle Earnings stay clanned with the hunters.

How would you feel if you were a small level, let's say 500, who gets listed out of the blue by a random bored 3000+ person and suddenly gets killed by a 4000+ who you clanned with a while back and who might have helped you, too.

Fact is, such a change would annoy a great deal of players while it pleases some greedy hunters. It's not a change that will bring anything good for the majority, au contraire, it will make many more players unhappy.

Hunting or Inner Circle earnings is an "either ... or" question, answering with yes basically shows only greed.

6. Demonik1

thats just absurd. ANY one of my clan is always welcome to my bounty, i prefer friends get it. one of the easiest ways to help a friend out. why would anyone get mad at a FRIEND for them getting money and a kill when SOMEONE is going to get it anyway?? hell, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I do not play LCN but do play PC ,VC, and ZS and when I have gotten declanned for some one wanting my bounty, a few times, and they stay declanned, clan means being safe, and I for one like that about this game, not gonna vote since I do not play LCN but if I did I would not want clan to be able to get my bounty. inner circle or bounty , clan or not clan one , it is one or the other IMO.

8. Demonik1

If a bounty is placed on someone in real life, there's no law that says a friend can't claim it. I'm not saying viking clan is equivalent to real life, i'm just saying a bounty is exactly that, open to all IMO

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I know there are some that would like this to happen, and some that have an understanding with their clan, and the ability to declan for a bounty, and then relcan, that seems to me enough without changing the original idea in the game, IMO. :)

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Initially I liked the idea but after giving it a bit more thought Im not in favor of it. Although Its really no big if clan goes for my bounty these days... I would rather they didnt just so they dont waste the stamina. But back in the day when It was much easier to take me off the list I had agreements with some clan that it was either cool or not cool to go after each others bounties. It allowed me another way to see which clan was actually good clan.....often times agreements were broken by a greedy clansmen and we ended up parting ways....I liked having this option available to me. I also like the challenge of having to declan and attack as fast as I can.

11. Crunk

Crunk New Member

I have played apps where you are able to take a person that you put on the list off and collect the bounty. Sure some may think it maybe a waste of $ but when you look at it they will die and its better then waiting hours to punch them to death. I also have played apps where you can attack members of your mob when on the list only! I did attack and kill them off the list. Many where ok with it cause I was a low level needing $. Others disliked it and removed me from their mob. We all have mixed thoughts on this I feel it should be taken to a vote and if its still close to a tie we should be given an at least a chance to take our syndicate members off the list. My whole famila is filled with syndicate members and they would still get $ from members or me taking them off the list. Thus keeping it in the family like the real mob always have!!!
    I WILL SAY I HAVE MORE TO SAY BUT WILL LEAVE IT AT THAT!!!

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We did indeed have it enabled albeit for a brief period of time, I think something like 5-hrs, during that time we were flooded with "rage" mails and reverted the change.

This is one of those rules that has been in place since day 1 and we are best to leave it alone, that is something that we have learned, don't change rules in mature features unless we are prepared / have good reasoning to defend against the rage mail. This isn't one battle that we are interested in sparking back up.

Going to move this to rejected since it is something that we have already tried and failed.