[LCN] Hitlist Grace Period: Wednesday, August 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Jenkins

Randy Jenkins Active Member

you say you want them to fix what is broken in the game maybe there are some players that feel this feature is broken and needs some attention. you say this game has worked just fine for over 7 years and if I spend money on something I have the right to suggest just as much as you do it is not your game you just play it just like the rest of us it doesn't matter how long a player has been playing we all have our opinion

2. tharealmathafacka

tharealmathafacka New Member

I don't care about being chainlisted tho hahahahaha

3. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

Marshal O.P. Rockwell Active Member

Since we are all customers & we have players advocating both sides of the issue...someone is going to get their TS card punched.

4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i see that kano asnt respond back to this thread lmfao

5. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

BAHAHAHAHAHA Wonder why?

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I personally like it. It goes nicely in thread with:
    Let us screw up links for a couple of weeks so people can't share bosses or raids, then on to
    Let us screw up hitlisting, because now even chainrigging wont work (yes that died with the time limit as well)
    Next on the list comes in September with lets destroy sw by only allowing one sync per tier a reward, so no reason if you can't cheat to first place to spend fp (yes, I know you have more syncs on fb, so maybe top two of the old winners will get a reward)

So to speed the process up, here are some "great" ideas
    I think next should be either:
    * another redo of the main page because we are never there anyway
    * how about autoheal with fp instead of the medic
    * can't have more than max stam, rest gets removed automatically
    * Give all new players an added bonus of 3k levels

more ideas would be appreciated, we know kano doesn't care what we write here anyway :D

Kirsten likes this.
  7. bigd21619

bigd21619 New Member

Bad idea, get your bounty up.wont be a problem ,best thing about a rig is the surprise

8. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Hey guys, wow, this is a lot of feedback. Thank you for speaking your mind, whether you're a veteran of the forums or a new poster. I'm going to hold off on approving this change for the moment while we talk this out.

We spent quite a while theory-testing ideas for how to address this concern from low and mid-tier players who weren't enjoying being chainlisted — especially people like @Randy Jenkins mentioned, who are being listed multiple times every day for months without understanding why.

@Marshal O.P. Rockwell One of the biggest problems with the hitlist is that higher level players have so much cash compared to new people that the price of hitlists and rigs doesn't really affect them. We could have raised this or increased how quickly hitlist cost goes up, but this didn't make sense to us — why would it cost a lot for a wealthy crime boss to put a much lower level on the list, just because they'd already been listed a lot? We also didn't think changing the pricing would solve the issues with rigs; high levels can easily afford to heal and continue listing, whereas low levels eventually run out of money even if we made rigs very cheap. And ultimately, if someone is chaining you, responding with rigs forces you to pay it 100% of your attention until they stop, and not everyone wants to play that way. You also only have a fixed amount of them, and anyone listing someone is accepting the danger of being rigged in response vs. simply being listed out of nowhere.

We also looked at adjusting Protection, which as you guys know is currently set to 10 lists. I think the issue with Protection in general is that it prevents people from interacting in the game — once you hit that 10 list cap, you can't do anything to the player again for three days. Yes, this 60-second pause stops you from hitting them for the moment, but the hope is people would stay in-game as viable targets since they can still do stuff in between being listed. We could certainly consider raising the hitlist cap back up if we start seeing more chainlisting victims stick around and keep playing instead of staying dead for extended periods.

We were also looking for a change we could make easily and quickly. This lets us help address these urgent concerns from low/mid tier players, while also letting us continue to focus on the more difficult issues affecting higher levels. From your comments, I think the main thing we didn't consider is that this delay should maybe only apply to people below a certain range. Right now it's a free-for-all if you're over level 300, and I know there are definitely some concerns about how people just under that level can start fights in the Lounge etc. and then be invulnerable to higher level hitlisting. On the flip side, there must be a middle ground where we can help protect mid-tier players until they have enough strength and cash to fight back or chain rig people above them.

What do you guys think would be a better solution? Could we limit the 60-second delay to players below a certain threshold? I wouldn't want to do it by a specific level or strength as people could keep themselves purposely low, but maybe we could do it based on the difference between lister and listee's level?

Re: people under Protection hunting you on the HL - this is something we could look into for sure, we don't disagree that this is weird. I can add it to our to-do list, we just have a lot of other issues ahead of it we'd like to address first, like this one.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I would say you can't chain anyone out of range unless they have opened the door to attacks. That may be the best solution if any hitlisting changes are made. This would also prevent syndicate members from listing each other to raise their costs to sky high levels so no one else can do anything to them unless they are in range.
    Regarding protection, this has been a loophole similar to hitlist attacks not triggering ambushes you have set. If you're going to address one, you should address the other, otherwise leave it alone.
    To be honest, I remember being chained on a regular basis for really no reason when I started playing, and I'm still playing. This seemed to be a rite of passage for newer players, right or wrong, that subsided for the most part over time, sort of like joining a fraternity. If you can't deal with it, maybe this game isn't for you.

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

and chat trolls can be listed at will , regardless of their level, or the 60 protection cause as we know in a few of the other games, someone can reach level 300 from one raid event

11. Randy Jenkins

If the 60 second delay will not work Kano gives us ways to build up cash faster and put a limit on the number of times a player can be listed by a player per day say 10 times and do away with the protection option that last three days for the player that put the protection on but still can attack or list the player they have protection against. To me this solves not only the hitlist issue but the protection issue.

12. Randy Jenkins

give all players ways to increase their cash faster not just newer players but Veteran players as well. all Kano would have to do is remove the protection feature and change it to a limit feature.this would be no different than using the protection feature for being listed but it would only last 24 hours not three days. If a player is being attacked to the point the protection option is needed instead of the protection the number of bushes should increase at this point from 10 to maybe 50 then if the player wants to continue attacking at least the other player can gain some xp and can more easily add more bushes before the 50 bushes run out this would probably be enough to get a player to back off the attacks

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

@Scoughman, KANO did kinda entice chainlisting when came up with 'honorable bounties' people find cheap people in range and list away just for the achievement. Just saying.....

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

The honourable bounties thing was partially to encourage players to list people in-range, and not list people not in-range :) Ultimately it sounds like players at higher levels enjoy chainlisting and even being chainlisted, and have built their characters to defend against that, and so any changes we make to protect low and mid-tier players shouldn't disrupt that type of play for higher levels.

15. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER New Member

Our goal with this is more players staying in the game and more targets on the hitlist for everyone else.

I am not understanding how this change will prevent people from leaving the game, at all. More-so I would anticipate the opposite, you're pushing out your hardcore players that enjoy the fighting aspect (the exciting part!) of the game. This seems only to be catering to cry babies in the game and that is not fair. You are HUGELY taking away from the players that play hard in the game. And I am sorry but there is absolutely no excuse for anyone to complain about getting chain listed. KANO has already provided PLENTY of ways to avoid getting chain-listed in this game. As much power as someone has to chain list, the "victim" also has equal power to chain rig. Even if they can't move as fast as the aggressor (which really is their problem not anyone else's), they DO NOT HAVE TO CHAIN HEAL. They can wait to heal until they are able to rig. If they still cant take the heat after rigging they also have the option to take protection after 10 hits. Isn't this why the option to take Protection was introduced?!? To reduce the bullying on low levels that whine to you about being bullied in a war (aka fighting) game. This is absolutely unfair to the players that PLAY your game. I don't come to LCN just for the chat room; Maybe you could create a generalized KANO chat room instead for those people so they don't have to actually learn how to fight or play in your fighting games. Or maybe even consider adjusting the amount of protections a player is allowed at a time. Penalizing your fighters (aka the PLAYERS of your game) to cater to people that don't like actually playing your game, in my opinion is ridiculous, unfair, and sorry, but just dumb! Make a new game for them - stop changing everything that was great about this game please!!! <--- FYI: That is a big reason why people are losing interest and leaving the game. :(

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Maybe Randy Jenkins shouldn't be facebook inboxing players calling them names...would you like screen shots of him calling me a C... ??

JADES likes this.
  17. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

'they don't have enough game cash... to protect and list '.... ??? why don't you give them a blankie, and a lollipop, change their diaper, and rock 'em to sleep.

if a low level cannot afford to deal with a high level.... here is a novel idea.... do not OPEN to a high level ! i know, i know, it's so far fetched....

maybe that low level idiot should think about who they open to before they blindly punch or open up to, or hunt, a high level. i dunno.... just a thought. see, if the low didn't open to the high, all the high can do is list or punch, nothing more. maybe people should learn the value of establishing a high bounty for some protection.

maybeeeeeeeeeeee.............. people should LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME.

18. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

Thank you for hearing us out & holding off on implementing the delay as originally scheduled. That action has gone a long way toward re-establishing my faith in the process of using these forums to actually get our voices heard on game issues.

When I was a low level & I offended a high level player, I just to take my lumps . I made a lot of stupid mistakes & took a fair amount of butt kicking. Back then protection was not available until 15 hits difference had been reached. I remember a specific incident when I was being double teamed by 2 players ...I took protection on one after the 15 hits (and getting a 12 rig chain on him between hit 14 & hit 15 lol) only to have the other guy take over listing me. I was listed over 100 times in less than 2 hours, but I learned several valuable things from the experience. 1) I learned how the rig pricing goes down as the number of hits goes up, 2) I discovered for myself that you can only go negative xp of 67% of the xp required to the next level. After that you stop losing xp. Over 50 of the hits placed during that 2 hours had only one effect - raising my bounty. 3) I leveled 8 hours later. 4) During that same time period I also learned how to effectively employ ambushes thanks to one player who attacked me over 2500 times in 36 hours - I ambushed just under 2200 of those attacks & killed him over 100 times with ambushes. 5) It is virtually impossible to prevent a determined & resourceful player from continuing to advance in the game. You may slow him/her down, but under the existing rules there is no way to completely shut down another player's game. I know this to be true because I did try to drive one player out of the game after an incident 3 years ago where he made real world threats of violence against myself & my family via facebook messages. I have literally hitlisted him more than a thousand times over the past 3 years and he is still here

The point I am trying to make is that through adversity I was able to learn valuable game lessons that made me a better player. You learn lessons by making mistakes & taking the consequences. How are new players going to learn if you protect them from the consequences of their mistakes? Aversion therapy does work - just 95% of the low level players who have made the mistake of punching me whether they would do it again.

You can't make everyone happy, no matter what you do. One thing I know for sure - I survived a real ugly case of the stupids as a low level and the players now already have a lot more features & tools available to them to make it much easier to recover lost xp & protect themselves. The 1st days of a raid cycle I easily recover all of the xp I lost dying since the last raid cycle ended. This game is NOT for everyone. It takes a large quantity of self confidence & a boldness of spirit to have what it takes to succeed in LCN. The fact is some will fail, learn that this game is not for them, & quit playing in favor of other entertainment. That is OK and it has worked that way from day one. Please do not water down the game in an effort to please everyone. Let those who are not able to deal move on & the game will be healthier for it.

19. eric smith

eric smith Member

so you know the ten hit list is a bunch of crap. it doesn't always work! I've been listed at times almost 50 to 100 times by the same person within a five minute time limit then another person takes over and does almost the same way over the ten lists cap. so you have some protection for some people but not for all. so why even have it or try to play. either way I dont care becuz i don't use it. I find it a lot easier to be listed once or twice then stay dead until I am ready to play again and go do some thing else in real life. it really does screw up the listers fun tho staying dead becuz they cant chain you and that spoils their fun :)

20. eric smith

eric smith Member

why don't you test the 60 second delay first for about a month or so to see how it will work, the higher levels can always find a way around it like they do everything else. you can always adjust it at a later date. to make it more fair to everyone. I know most people in here will say just get rid of it. it's a good ideal if you can tweak it to work to everyone's satisfaction. the biggest people who wont even want to try it will be the ones who bullies others becuz they get their jollies being a bully. I found my little corner of the game by staying dead when I don't want to play and I in turn play games like wow or other games similar to that where you cannot bully a person unless you are in a pvp vs pvp duel. That might be a good ideal here make it where people could have personal duels with each other instead of twenty-five people on one person at times. that would truly be a good fighting game then and I think would actually drawn more people back to the game instead of them all leaving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.