[ARMOR] hitlist err0r

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Survival Streak 0, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Rode the hitlist on armor for a lil while people stopped attacking, I then suicided by attacking a strong player...but remained up on the hitlist for a minute after, didn't take me off it until somoene tried to attack me on hitlist again lol.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL, I can hear it already, what browser DO you use, DID you refresh? Are you sure you were killed etc. etc.

I'm playing around SSO, LOL. So anyone get bounty though? Lose double EXP? LOL, sarcasm again, sorry. :D

3. Survival Streak 0

LOL...just some info for all those reading this and don't 'get' sarcarsm....I'm on Mozilla Firefox (v27.0.1) for Ubuntu, I refreshed to make sure it wasn't just on my screen and no...no one got the bounty :D

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL, can you provide a screen shot to let the developers have better in site what happened? ;)

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Clearly you guys have this all wrapped up.

Also, fun fact, most errors in our games are caused by outdated browser caches, so clearing your cache and refreshing the page will usually clear those up.

Another fun fact, each browser is unique, so errors and glitches in one browser won't exist in another. Add that to your operating system and that leaves a few variables that the developers would have to eliminate before they could start investigating the cause of the issue.

6. Survival Streak 0

No...I was still on the list on everyones screen not just my own.

I've got a rough idea of how/why it happened, just thought I'd report it here before haters started screaming "hacks" lol

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hence my use of the word "most".

Anyways, I've got the developers on this one, please let us know if it happens again.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So the developers checked this one out and here's what's going down:

Suiciding on a higher player will remove the Hit on you (and the cash goes to no one) but you'll "remain" on the list until someone attacks you at which point the list will synchronize. No one gets the kill or the cash.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Any chance we can get that fixed? Would kind of suck to waste stamina on a bounty that isnt even possible to get not to mention the retaliation one might incur.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like it lol ya takes ya chances and ya takes ya lumps lol

11. Survival Streak 0

Yup this is exactly what happened...now if I was to do this again...then heal before it synced up...would I then be available for hitlist attacks again? :)

Bit of info...this is how it was back when you were able to recieve punches on the hitlist, you could be punch killed but remain on the list...same when bosses could kill you, but it's always recognised that you've hit a boobytrap straight away... Unexpected histlist exits ftw :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I want to say once you've suicided on another player the Hit is over, regardless of whether or not you heal before someone attacks your ghost on the list. However, we'll run some tests and get a definitive answer.

Update: Well that's why you always test your hypothesis. If you heal after suiciding before someone attacks your ghost on the list it will open the Hit back up and allow it to be claimed.

13. Survival Streak 0

excellent :D

14. Survival Streak 0

An update on this...if your ghost is sitting on the list as you've already suicided on another player...the hit becomes available again when your health naturally regenerates to 1... lol love this :)

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL, to funny.