[LCN] Hitlist Cost Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

don't play that just another feature with limits lol plus I don't play a team game :) I prefer one on one

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update around the hitlist tax.

First, let me say thank you to everyone for your feedback both here and through Support. It has been a week now since this Tax was introduced and it has exposed a few things.

The lower level attacked/punched/hitlisted me. Why am I being taxed?
    The following isn't anything new but more so a refresher for how "retaliation" works between accounts not within the same fight range. If a lower level player attacks a higher level player they are open to retaliation for upwards of 24 hours since the lower levels last aggressive action. However, this 24 hour window immediately closes if:
    1. You kill the lower level via fighting or punching OR
    2. You place the lower level on the hitlist (which is essentially a death sentence)
    Given that this is how fight retaliation works it is also how this tax will work. Now on to the fun stuff.

If the lower level player has only been hitlisted 1 time in the last 24 hours, why I am being taxed on hits I placed more than 24 hours ago!?
    This is where we've seen heard some criticism and was a deficiency in our initial rollout. Because the retaliation records are kept active for not just hitlist actions, but also fights and punches, we have been potentially including hits from more than 24 hours ago into the tax. We have aimed to correct this today by keeping track of "recent" hits placed against your opponent and using that for tax calculation where "recent" means the total number of hits you've placed against an opponent within the last 24 hours since your first hit.

Example:
    9:00 am - I place a Player A on the hitlist. Recent Hits = 1, tax free
    10:00pm - I place another hit on Player A. Recent Hits = 2, tax free
    (next day)
    8:50 am - I place yet another hit on Player A. Recent Hits = 3 and I'll be taxed on this one
    9:01 am - I place a hit on Player A again. Recent Hits = 1, tax free again

We hope this help alleviate some of the issues that have been raised, in particular the sticker shock of seeing such a high tax right our of the gate. As always please give us your feedback as you interact with these changes.

Patricia Tuohy and Dollerz like this.
  3. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I thought the tax came in on the 4th hit.

4. Marshal O.P. Rockwell

Marshal O.P. Rockwell Active Member

This TAX is another example of fixing things that are not broken. Why haven't y'all bothered to fix problems that we actually request to be fixed...like the fact that the workshop is worthless!

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Omegame

Omegame Member

Keep playing and then you see what happens, do not speak ahead of time :cool:

6. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

What if within that 24 hour window that lower level comes back at the higher level with a punch, attack, hit list. Shouldn't those actions also reset the clock?

7. Steven Jordan

Steven Jordan Active Member

As mentioned in post #1, the tax does not apply if there is retaliation from the lower level player

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Steven is correct in that retaliation will remove the tax, however this will not reset the "recent hitlist" window. It is food for thought though but we are not planning any further changes at this time. However, if there is a case to be made here it is certainly something we would consider.

9. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

How about suspending hitlist range rules during blitz?

Mobster is out of your honourable hitlist range, so you are unable to Hitlist Mobster for another 39 seconds

It would certainly speed things up a bit.

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Given that you are limited to re-hitist by only 60 seconds I am not sure that we would change this. If we removed this restriction you could essentially stop another player from participating in the Blitz (or PvP, or Bosses) all together by keeping them dead. That is not the kind of experience we are trying to foster.