[ZS] Hired Squad & Stamina Boost now here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Couple things that we are going to look into today:

• increase stamina boost from 30%
    • look to cap the hired squad strength much like it is done today in the Top Squad where total att and total def is capped based on your strength. So hired squad would have a max attack strength of (slots unlocked * your att strength)

The higher boost will give players more bonus stamina.

The cap on the hired squad strength to work the same as top squad, will bring those 2 features in line and will address some concerns of imbalance where squads could have a max hired squad at 120% of their personal stats.

2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

This is excellent news! I've been seeing people with higher Hired Squad Strength than Top Squad Strength....was really off putting lol i nearly started playing that zombie pandemic game instead :p Close call

3. Something you should have considered before this went live. I'm actually surprised that you didn't tie max attack and def with the new hired squad positions as you do with the top squad. Yet another reason that I feel this change was rushed.

I'm glad that at least this change is being made. Let me know when it goes live, so I can try to play again.

4. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

If they'd of explained it the way it is now before it went live people would've shot it down before trying it....now we've tried it we can confidently say we don't like it ;-)

5. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I see that but the difference is not enough to make a difference in my fights by much.

6. AnnT

AnnT New Member

yup. This is totally screwed up. I'm being beaten by ppl I've never lost to (by huge margins) and I'm beating ppl I should never be beating. 122% stronger than a guy who's almost all defense? really? I've got a whopping 2500 attack and yesterday was losing to him by 20%.

The game is now skewed toward those that can spend money BIG time. Where I'm losing, is not on the hired squad strength, usually...but on the UN equipped ppl who have now purchased all brawlers or similar. I've never had a quarrel with ppl who spend money on this game..it's their entertainment money. .Like I spend money on a movie, or on going to dinner...they spend on this game. It's written into the rules, and so..it's fair game. But this....this creates a huge chasm between us.

So many people on the chats are upset by this. Builds that are gone right out the window. Personally, I'll give it a few days of play and see if things change. But as it stands...I can no longer play effectively. I simply do not have the resources to get 500UN or more in order to compete. Each day will be even more of a struggle as I watch those with $$ going by me.

As long as I'm whining...could you guys at LEAST make the pictures of the hired squad different? having 10 identical black silhouettes on screen..with 5 different types is really silly. You've got some really good artists...use them.

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thank you so much.

8. alka

alka Banned

It's ok saying spend some money and all will be fine. That's what we did a year ago and now they are expected to do the same again until more changes force them to spend again. I have a stack of useless weapons bought and paid for and hired squad that never get used. There is no refund system so it means as the weapons have improved as the game progressed it's the noobs that have seen the benefit.
    And here we are making changes to suit the noobs....
    I can't help but wonder if Kano would be looking to try to make things better if the Forum didn't exist.
    I just think it's a poor show of Customer Care.

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

FYI.. Stamina Boost just got bumped from 30% to 50% as of 12:30pm PST.

10. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hired Updates:

Hired Squad Attack and Defense max:
    Attack Max: #Hired Slots Unlocked * Your Personal Attack Strength
    Defense Max: #Hired Slots Unlocked * Your Personal Defense Strength

11. alka

alka Banned

So the guys who did boosts before that time lost 20% Stamina?

12. Yep.

They can just wait till it recharges and have their friends send them another one.

13. catt mann

catt mann New Member

i like the new sta boost. i like the new hired squad. what i dont like is the the extra squad higher levels get. no matter how u look at it you just handed the game over to them. if ur gonna have more slots open it for all.

14. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

To Jon and Kul...thanks for the input, but it's obvious from the remarks that you don't play that much and really don't understand the intricacies at play here. Responding to every thread remark isn't helping anyone...

To Kano, this, quite simply, is not well thought out and poorly implemented. I've spent the better part of the last day explaining to everyone how the changes affect them and how to take advantage of the changes, with what most people have currently in their hired squad. Now, for the second time in a day, we've already seen significant changes that fundamentally alter the way the game is played and how to strategize, based on squad, for better and worse. If you're going to continue to make rash decisions about functionality in the game, consider delaying them until you've had time to think about what the ramifications are.

As a player that has unabashedly admitted to paying to play, these changes are afffecting how I set my squad up, as well as how I use purchased items. I've already overcommitted on certain things because of the changes (go check my account and you'll see) and now I'm stuck with those decisions. Given the original rules, my decisions were sound...but now I'm left with a handful of hired squad that are essentially worthless, now and in the future. I'm not complaining about having a bunch of worthless hired squad. What I am complaining about, however, is the lack of discipline on your part to do your job. Software engineering uses the term engineering because there is a degree of systematic approach that is to be taken with a product's release. Having to endure radical changes is causing a certain amount of chaos, that to a degree could be tolerated, but in this case it is undermining your credibility. To get in front of this, consider how your actions affect the game and the players that so lovingly support.

As I've already stated, please consider delaying any more radical changes to the rules until you've thought through the decision and the ramifications...it'll help everyone.

Thanks.

DragTheWaters...a.k.a Don

15. Very well said...

My personal opinion is this and i've said it before KANO.

Sometimes you go just a little too far.....

These changes were for the most part Very UNNECCESSARY.....

You didnt need to go about this...... And the only thing i can think of is MONEY..

Buy more UN.....

And then on top of it.. Its screwed up badly.

16. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

thanks for the refund ;)

17. catt mann

catt mann New Member

When I was lower level and could not fill my top squad I lost. I lost to people not because they were stronger but, because they had more top squad

18. cbhitman

cbhitman Member

Im not sure if i like it!!!!!!!

19. Farmer_Austin

Farmer_Austin New Member

i for once agree with alka as well this might be the last time i log into zombie slayer

20. Farmer_Austin

Farmer_Austin New Member

i dont know how to do this but plz reply to this if you do not like the change to the zombie slayer app plz post ur ingame name under this
    N0b0dy