Hired Squad Members

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by wolfie, Jul 2, 2010.

1. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

I'm a user of Hired Squad members and I find them quite useful, even with the fact that I have to use UN pts to upgrade them. At the moment, I have 4 Strikers and 4 Defenders. The weird thing I've found is that an upgrade rarely adds the same amount of attack/defense points from one hired member to another. I'm not sure what determines the numbers they upgrade TO (if that even makes sense), but I will check to see which gives me the most points. Right now, their attack/defense points are as follows..

Defender: 393/786
    Defender: 263/526
    Defender: 412/824
    Defender: 412/824
    Striker: 489/245
    Striker: 548/274

If I try to upgrade the first Defender on that list, he'd be 431/861, an addition of 38/75. But upgrading the 2nd Defender, that would bring him up to the same 431/861, but it's an addition of 168/335! Upgrading will bring them all to 431/861 and the Strikers would upgrade to 861/431 (what determines these #s is what I don't know). But I have two Defenders that are already pretty close to this 431/861, they're at 412/824. Since the upgrade would only add a few measly points, the upgrade only costs 5 UN pts. I'm not sure if it works the other way around, say I neglect a Striker for a while and then upgrade him when all the other Hired Squad members are way higher in attack/defense, would an upgrade be more than 10 UN pts if he were getting an extreme upgrade? I dunno. Is there a limit to how many points can be added to a Striker or Defender in one upgrade? Again, dunno.

Some more detailed information on this kinda stuff would be really great. The current FAQ isn't very detailed. It's quite obvious that a lot of people don't really understand the benefit of Hired Squad members.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  2. Heathers

Heathers New Member

I'm on Facebook and cannot upgrade my 'hired' Defender. Any ideas?

3. Venomn

Venomn New Member

mine shows this photo also with NO upgrade button..is this just a glitch or what? also,if i level,do my strikers and defenders also level? if not,how do they level...please help..signed,confused.

4. Jester2905

Jester2905 New Member

When you buy them from the UN their stats are maxed out (with respect to your stats). So you can't "upgrade" them until you increase your attack or defense.

I also wouldn't update them until your squad is filled with the best members (highest Attack and Defense) and it no longer says Your Top Squads attack and defense strength is being limited by your characters attack and defense, raise your characters attack and defense strength to take full advantage of your Top Squads strength up the top.

5. Jester2905

Jester2905 New Member

Sorry missed the last part of your question.

Strikers and Defenders don't level (as you do) - hence the reason why you need to "upgrade" them.

Striker and Defenders 10% to attack or defense (respectively) when they are in your top squad. They also act as a normal top squad member by increasing your attack or defense. Like you remove normal members with other members (who have better stats) in your top squad (to ensure you have the strongest squad you can), you also upgrade your Strikers and Defenders.

hth

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  6. Tizme

Tizme Member

Can i recommend holding off buying these hired squad members until lvl 200+ as by then their stats are roughly +1000 / +500 (or vice versa) and they won't need upgrading for quite a long while, if ever.
    I don't quite know how high the top players go with ATT or DEF, as the skill points are limited to achievements and leveling up, and i'm sure the majority of players want to get all of the fortitude achievements to further increase their own stats. But atleast the highest stat in my squad is +1001 so there wouldn't be much going to waste with a +1000 / +500 hired squad member.

Of course this all depends on if, and what the level cap is. And if it is ever going to increase. Because raising one stat too high, and not being able to raise another enough to get the achievement for it would really suck! (I'm thinking energy, stamina or health achievement here, after putting too much in +ATT or +DEF)

7. Jay Shinigami

Jay Shinigami Member

Cost to upgrade seems way too high at 10 un the way things are at the moment I doubt I will ever need to. My first un member from my early 100s is still serving me just fine even if the stats are a little low