High levels bountying low levels

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TabithaMoon, Mar 10, 2011.

1. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Why is it possible for very high levels to bounty very low levels who have never attacked them?

I was bountied last week by someone who was level 1,568. At the time, I was something like 378.

I had never heard of him, never attacked him in any way (I don't go for bounties and I don't answer pistol whips for anyone over my level), and I didn't see any connection with him to anyone I had been battling. In fact, I only battle the people who show up on my game-generated feed at my level, and only do enough to reach my armada's dailies.

Also, at the time, I was part of an armada that only had 4 people, 2 of whom don't even play anymore, so it wasn't a vendetta against a rival armada. It was my armada and we never really did anything.

One of my new captains in my new armada asked around her circle and found out he was doing this to many lower levels. When asked, he said he bounties lower levels for the achievements because they are easy pickings. Why is this allowed?!?!?!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

There are limits in place to help. Anyone who is over a minimum level (300) can be bountied by any players at any level. If you are below that level, then players who are less than 2 times your level can bounty you (example I am level 50, I can only be bountied by players who are level 100 or less). If the lower level does not retaliate, then that higher level player cannot attack. If a lower level attacks an out of range higher level player, they will be up for attack until either the higher level kills them or the 24-hr retaliation window expires.

Players can get you profile link from your guild page or if you are placed on the bounty list.

3. well boredom is another factor.dont like it then get a higher level in your clan to fend off the higher level bothering you or raise your price or just get stronger plain and simple

oh and if you fight back and/or set a trap or get a higher level to try and help you thats a big mistake depending on the style.

i know if you give me any reason to remember you i will keep coming back.i save pirate urls of those that decided to try me or got someone else to.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  4. Diva

Diva Member

-----------------------------------------------------

Because that's the way the bounty achievement works, that's the way it's always worked, and hopefully that's the way it will always work. You have to earn that bounty achievement by placing bounties.

It's all part of a game - it really isn't anything personal.

5. also reverse your role.think bout if you were a higher level and lets say you couldnt bounty a level 300.

lets say a level 300 was listing your clan and you couldnt list them cause there too low a level.and you can only pistol whip once per hr so that does nothing.tsk tsk you have to look at it from the higher levels view as well.

far as the actual reason given again reverse your role.put yourself in the highers position.
    if your short on achievements for listing obviously you want to get it quickly.and fastest way is to list the cheapest you can find.make yourself not so cheap for your level and you might not get randomly bountied

6. Diva

Diva Member

That's an excellent point & it happens. Some lvl 400 will bounty a lvl 4000 player out of the blue - never heard of the person, not in a guild - it just happens. It doesn't mean it's a nefarious evil plot or even a "mini" account.

Sometimes people quit the game and then will long on once in a blue moon to bounty people; either at a friend's request or just old rivals from level 5.

The coins add up.

7. TabithaMoon

Well, quite frankly, there is a word that describes people who prey on the weak because they can't fight against their own peers. I won't post the word here but it sounds like meow. Plain and simple.

8. i pounce on someone worthy when they strike me.not like all high levels are gonna attack little ants(some obviously will but then again this is a fighting game not farmville)

9. take advice from this high level.

99% of the time as long as you dont give a reason for the higher level to remember you then chances are really good they wont bother ya again.but give them 1 reason to remember you and chances are good they will list you all day all night into the next decade

its not like high levels have a whole lotta choice.list considerably shrinks after a while

99% of the time its not personal its just playing the GAME

10. TabithaMoon

Thank you, Admin, for your answer, but it still doesn't excuse the policy.

I'm not whining, just to be clear, because this only happened once, but I have since heard through my asking around that there are low level players who are bountied on a regular basis by some of the same high level/leaderboard people and these players' high level friends. One very common reason given for the repetitive bounties is because they do NOT fight back and do NOT ask clan to help. This makes them appear helpless and too nice.

Take a look, if you will, at the excessive number of low level accounts that have been abandoned. This is why. You don't think this hurts Kano's pocket book in the long run? Think again.

Most of my battle achievements, bounty achievements, and kill achievements are from attacking abandoned accounts. I have more of these achievements than clan mates who are many, many levels over me because I took time to spot the abandoned accounts and only attacked those. This is the best time to go after battle achievements because there are HUNDREDS of abandoned accounts between 1-300. This policy to allow leaderboard to attack new players is one of the main reasons why.

11. TabithaMoon

But again, as I said initially, this particular person and many others like him target unknown lower levels just to bounty for achievements. It has nothing to do with retaliation or helping clan. So, I stick with my assessment of such gutless players.

12. TabithaMoon

Thanks for the conversation, A.S., and advice from your experience. I have to get going for the night, though. It's after midnight and I'm on some heavy allergy meds. The letters are kind of blurry :p. Goodnight and thanks for adding your thoughts.

13. this is one reason why your not suppose to level quickly like so many are.once your level 300 your suppose to know alot of strategies by that level.but so many get to there in a week or less by falling for the trap set that allows such quick leveling.

best to take your time leveling save up $$ make your bounty and profit high.take time to get real clan and lots of em.

if you fall for the quick leveling trap then your pretty much screwed as you had not alot of time to get your profit and bounty high enough and probably are small in capts making you a easy target for both anyone to pound you down AND since youve got a small profit youve got a small bounty and therefore are easier to list over and over again.

not the higher levels fault the newbie fell for the leveling trap.

14. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

So next level in LCN I can look forward to a lot of rides? If so gonna boost up my D and get ready to click the heal button like mad. 300 coming up next.

15. defense partly helps you last on list yes however health is more important if your looking to ride cause you can heal when your health is alot higher

if you have 20k max health you can heal when reaching 10k

if you have 40k max health you can heal when reaching 20k

catch the drift?

16. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I know I'm just talking trash. I've check out the other players stats and see how they do it. I wouldn't last 20 seconds.