hiding

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, May 17, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

If this were a real life example as u gave...then i would agree...but the fact is that its not. This a game in which we take on fictional roles. when I think of pirates...i think of a ship of pirates battling another ship of their enemies, when i think of zombies...i think of a pack of zombies walking the streets looking for human flesh, when i think of Vikings...I think of entire clans or guilds warring with enemy clan or guilds and when i think of mobsters or the mafia....I think of gangs, what part of of any of that is a solo act?

In my guild...There is no player that runs and hides, nor do they come crying for help...they dont need to. But u best believe that if things get crazy....theres 24 members that r gonna come calling.

2. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

I am not, and have never been in a faction. Although I just created a solo faction (I am the only member) as a joke, I don’t consider myself affiliated with a faction. It has been my experience after playing many games on Facebook that it’s best to play solo to avoid the inevitable group drama. I also do not want to be dictated on how to play, whom I can attack, whom I can’t attack, etc.

So yeah, faction rank is meaningless to me. I understand it has meaning to you and I am not diminishing that. What is important to you and your game is not important to mine. You play your way and I’ll play mine, as long as we are both having fun then that’s all that matters.

3. polishpimp

I agree whole heartedly Allen....but I would take it a step further. Although I dont find it necessary to go after lower level players for no reason myself....I really just dont see any reason to be totally against it, this is a fighting game after all and I dont think pirates, zombies, vikings or mobster r known for being the leader in sportsmanship or battle etiquette, on the contrary...i think of them being quite ruthless and cut throat.

Do i think players that go after lower level routinely for no reason r bullies? Yes! But the game need bullies...we need those players to make things interesting. If there was no one to hate or disagree with...we might as well join hands and start singing "i want to buy the world a coke......" . In the end....I think way to many players whine waaaay to much, were all bullies to some extent or another, find me a player that has never hit a lower level or hasnt attacked someone merely because they needed gamer points or because they gave em good xp.. This game is all about accumulating positive stats in regards to killing and battle wins etc etc, thats would be kinda hard to do if u only went after the opponents tougher than u....and anything less means your preying on the weak.

4. polishpimp

I hear ya and respect your choice of play. In my particular guild we never dictate to others what to do or not to do, rather we just look for players of like mind and or enemies. I agree with the "fun" thing...without it...what would be the point. so with that....HAVE FUN!

5. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

That was well said, and I agree with everything you just said

6. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

LOL Well said Polish! I totally agree with you on this. When I was a lower level player, I was 'bullied' by a few high level players. Did I cry and go to other higher level clan to solve my problem? No, I absolutely did not! THeir bullying only made me have a greater desire to get stronger so that one day I could exact my own brand of justice upon them. And that has paid off for me in spades! I am now thankful that I had them as enemies to force me to achieve the level that I have and become the player that I have become. That, my friends, is how this game should be played! In my opinion, that is.

Allen Sumaran Level 3235 Blessed Thane Viking

7. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

i can understand that "gamewise" to a certain extent since yes this is fictional, but if u have seen scarface then u know that the mob goes after the leader, not the crowd

yes they had to go through his boys to get to him, but they were gunning for him, not them

these people here seem to be gunning for the boys instead of the leader/officers which are usually the ones that know how to get it cracking anyway which is why i agree with the fact that they still allow u to view those people, but now whats funny are the syns that have to change their leader/officers bc of this new implement since that is where the real "hiding" comes into play...LoL

8. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

this is exactly why i say to people all the time that there is no such thing as a "bully" in a mob app and i can not stand when people used the term "bully" just because they are:

1) either attacked (which is usually in retaliation anyway...LoL)

2) listed by a higher lvl (though i am still firm about not agreeing with how low of a lvl the apps allow u to HL since i think it should only be allowed up to half of ur lvl)

3) punched EVERY hour...LoL (which means they are only lookin for u to retaliate so that they can do numbers 1 and 2 to u...haha)

9. polishpimp

I tend to think that in some cases that hiding is for wusses, but fortunately with hiding comes the inability to see other guild rosters as well.

As far a Kanos reasoning for the feature...I think its to protect those guilds that really arent out there trying to mix it up, which is why Kano made so those guilds that choose that option can no longer view other guilds rosters as well. I dont think it has anything to do with the average level of any said guild, but more to the guilds that are more focused on adventuring and what not.

As stated previously in this thread....this feature does have an unfortunate side effect....in that it really does go along way in disguising guilds that are full of alt accounts. Something definitely needs to be done about that...Alt filled guild are no better than someone using a bot, cheaters r cheaters.

I dont think Kano is in any hurry to eliminate alts from the game...when it comes down to it...alts count towards the overall player count which means everything when it comes to advertising revenue.

10. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

even if a syn was filled wit alts how would u be able to tell just by lookin at pictures? the privacy is moreso for u not to be able to randomly mess with just anybody u feel like in the syn, but to be honest an alt acct can only do half as much as just having one acct since u can only play one acct at a time

i proposed an option in the mob wars post that i hope comes into play which would make leader boards a lot more fun

11. polishpimp

That my friend is exactly how it should be! Screw all the players regardless of their levels that think they need to be protected. If new players are quitting because they are getting the crap kicked outta them...so be it....it obviously wasnt the game for them....do they think its gonna be any different as they rise in levels? Not unless your one of the highest levels in the game...and at that point u have earned your stripes by getting the crap kicked outta you continuously.

12. polishpimp

As I said in an earlier post...The way I look at it if your in a guild, faction, armada.......... your showing solidarity for one another, so whether your the leader or the bottom rung of the ladder be prepared to deal with and because of what someone else in your guild is doing. It adds multiple dimensions to the games....there is truce negotiations, all out guild wars, tentative and shaky truces....the fact that 2 opposing guilds have members that have both enemy and allies in them makes it even more exciting as u never know whos personality is going to win out and the affect it might have on a war. Its these differences and the unknowing of whats gonna happen next based on some jerks reaction and or two allies in opposing guilds efforts to make peace that make the game intertesting.

It just seems to me that a segment of the players just want to over regulate everything in an effort to make their game easier...how boring is that? I face controversy every time i play and at every level i have been (twice...lol), Does it drive me nuts when things arent going my way? YES! So what do I do? What ever it takes to overcome that obstacle and move on to the next! I personally want nothing handed to me....I find great satisfaction every time i obtain another level or better an opponent i couldnt the day before

13. how can you tell if its alts???

lemme tell you how

A)look at the join dates of each member
    B)study the pics carefully
    C)look at the levels
    D)see how quickly they get points

14. polishpimp

There is no absolute proof that a guild is full of alts unless myspace sees that they are all coming from accounts linked to one another or if KAno sees that there all using the same IP address.

With that said ....there are many hints as to an alt filled guild. No one of these scream "alt guild"...but if they have all or most....u can be pretty sure
    1) similar themes as far as profile pics
    2) 1 or two average to high level players followed by a ton of very low level accounts
    3) A majority of very low level accounts that have played a very long time
    4) the fact that the vast majority of members all started on or near the same date
    5)Gamer points are finished by the same time nearly everyday (usually very early...as to take advantage of the eastern time time bias)
    6) the vast majority have strangely similar clan feeds
    7)clan feed shows that these players come on get there dailys at either the same time or very shortly after each other
    8) they never retaliate

etc etc etc

15. polishpimp

If Kano really just wanted to slowdown the mass killings or bullying of lower level guilds, why not make it so the names of the guild members on the guild page dont provide links to said players page unless they are a declared enemy or alliance?

Although Im not a proponent of protecting players....at least this would provide for us to still see the guild rosters and make an educated decision on whether or not we think it may be "alt guild" and report them to the proper authorities.

I wonder if we can see the guild roster of a guild requesting to be an enemy or an alliance if they're in "hiding" mode, if we cant...how are we suppose to decide on whether or not we want to be enemies or alliances?

16. YouArePathetic

YouArePathetic New Member

He said she said we all said the same thing they said, shhh don't let these posts get repetitive now ;)

17. Ace

Ace Member

Bingo on both.

18. polishpimp

Hmmmm...speaking of pathetic....u successfully brought nothing pertinent to the table...lol

19. YouArePathetic

YouArePathetic New Member

Oh was I supposed to make a point that hasn't already been made numerous times through out numerous posts? Everybody's already saying the same things over and over again so anything I say would just a repetition of that trend and completely useless so I brought up the fact that it's all been said before. I might not of phrased it in a way that made sense though, next time I'll be sure to elaborate just for you, k? ;)

20. polishpimp

I do believe thats what the forums are for....to discuss which ever topic is at hand in any particular thread. In many cases a member will express their agreement or disagreement by reiterating that of which has already been stated , but at least they are adding their opinion to to the subject at hand. Although at times it may seem redundant...at least its relevant to the topic ....unlike those persons who want to just take up space with their smart ass comments and have absolutely nothing to add but their obvious lack of respect or courtesy to the topic or those whose choose to take part in it.

Maybe Kano should make coloring books available in the forum lobby for the children of the adults who actually participate here, what color do u think tastes best?