Heimdallr/Healer Cleric blacksmithing

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Morgar

Morgar New Member

No problem. Beeing killed early in the arena is my own foult. if i am not there to go into def when a stronger player hits me i will die. I mean i usually kills 2-10 weaker players before someone stronger finds me. Darwinian lodgic. But it is disturbing to be killed/having to go into def the first 30 min. And as far of shooting my arena name. Thanks for the offer! i will do that. If you accept the friend req (anders s)

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

no problem...name noted...we can chat via the game.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well as long moving this up in the que, perhaps you should revisit these threads

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...-weaving-some-call-it&highlight=BLACKSMITHING
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...endary-black-smith-items&highlight=BLACKSMITH
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...h-that-can-be-made-elite&highlight=BLACKSMITH
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...ng-warriors-end-drops&highlight=BLACKSMITHING

IMO opinion if going to do clerics, the others need to be done as well on updates Helps out the vast majority of people, not only a few.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  4. polishpimp

I agree that other things need to made upgradable as well but if they cant be upgraded and used by the highest of levels than I dont think they should be upgradable.. My reasons are simple ..... allowing upgrades that cant be used by the highest of levels is simply unfair as they never had the opportunity to do it themselves and having been able to do so may have very well had a huge impact on their game at the time. Thats why Im always saying that new stuff has to be added to the end of the game...its the only fair way. Everybody coming up through the ranks should get no more or less opportunity than those that came before them. The games are all about balance andKano seems to adhere to that pretty well when it comes to the masses but when they inject new stuff midway through a mature game it does impact the balance negatively in favor of the masses and at the higher levels expense. The same thing also happens when players are ahead of new content such as new worlds......with every day they stagnant in older worlds is another day of advantage for those coming up from behind. A good example of this would be when muspel was the last world for well over a year. A good example of the adverse affects of injecting new crap into a mature game when many players were well beyond that point would be when the added all the new bosses midgame like the dragon whelp, vampire hunter etc etc

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

All due respect Pimp, this would not reflect on your higher level character, but your other games away from VC It would. As for upgrade on the clerics for higher level's will make a difference as well. 2 way street? I am level 7k and wouldn't benefit from this, everyone claims no fights WTF if let new CHIT evolve, might spruce things up. I'll quote joke of the week cause it's funny and has 2 meanings 'What's Forrest Gump's password? 1forrest1.'

6. polishpimp

Of course it would have an affect on my VC account. If something is made available that is beneficial to some but would be of no benefit to others that have surpassed that point already then that puts my account at a disadvantage in that I was not able to benefit from it anyway at the time I was in that range which undoubtedly would have an affect on my account and how it stands today.

As far as a "2 way street"...your missing the whole point of what has already been discussed at length repeatedly here in the forums. Any and all content added to the end of the game is equally beneficial to every last single player regardless of level. They just have to get to that stage of the game....just like we did (without the benefit of injected new content midgame). The fact that a player is not yet at the stage of the game to reap the benefits makes it no less beneficial to them..... once they in fact do reach that stage of the game they can benefit equally. It is the only 100%fair way other than to retroactively award any potential benefit missed out on by higher leveled players due to mid mature game added content

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Crafting itself, came in later to these games. As to making something only upgradable to someone because of level and not others, guess will always blow my mind. A person owns 'X' amount of crap that is useless and by time upgrades are available for most players 'X' crap is useless again, fair?

8. polishpimp

There has been a ton of crap added well after the fact (including the blacksmith)and almost all of it has been detrimental in one way or another to all those that have already exceeded its usefulness at the time of its addition to the games. All of this was unfair....... but just because they did it doesnt mean they should continue to compound the problem.

Im having a hard time understanding what your saying is "mind blowing"....everything that is up gradable comes into play depending on what level someone is at. As long as its added at the end of the game then no advantage has been given to anyone as everyone will have the same opportunity to obtain it . On the other hand....if Kano makes a bunch of stuff thats upgradable that it useless to some that means they DID NOT get the same opportunity as everyone else which makes it completely unfair. I understand that some might argue that it doesnt make adiff because the higher levels cant use it anyway....but those people are missing the point. Had I of had the opportunity to craft these things back when they would have been useful to me or anyone else it could have potentially changed mine/others game in a huge way as it could have easily changed ones course. The only Fair way is to allow everyone the same amount of opportunity which means adding to the end of the game so moving forward everyone will have the same opportunity. Another possible solution that has been mentioned numerous times here in the forums is to add more levels of upgrades to each upgradable item so as to make them relevant to any level. For example.....instead of just elite or legendary status add another category or 2 such as "god item" that would still be used in anyones inventory.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

As to "blowing mind" part, I don't think any item should be limited to craft because of level, go ahead call it unfair. But as for this idea "only on clerics" to let higher levels add more to their character is no different. This boss was introduced well after the levels exceeded as well. What's the difference?

10. polishpimp

So what your saying for example is that level 500 should be able to blacksmith drops from say a heimdallr? Do u understand the abuse that could stem from that?

LOL...no disrespect but your killing me here...theres a huge difference. The fact that a boss is introduced after levels were exceeded def sucks and in some circumstances have an adverse affect on the higher levels that should be working on something at their level with even more to look forward to as they level....but unfortunately thats all they have to work with at the moment. The other thing is the Heimdallr drops are still relevant at the highest of levels especially when upgraded which is one of the positions the OP was taking when they started this thread.

No where did I say it should only be Heimdallrs....in fact i said there are many other things that should be upgradable.....as long as they are still relevant to the highest of levels. Anything else would be just one more way of sticking it to the highest of levels.

I respect your opinion on this thread and all the others.....but in this particular case its clear that u just dont get it. I apologize that Im apparently not able to make it a little more clear for ya.

11. polishpimp

In addition....the fact that we are left with no choice but to craft what is available to us (at the highere levels)....which happens to be thousands of levels behind some of us....that means we are not allowed the opportunity to decide what is better for us individually. Its very possible that if and when Kano ever catches up to the highest of levels there will be crafting available then that had it been available now we may have never have wasted our time and resources on. . Whos to say that Im not wasting my time and resources crafting something right now that going to be completely obsolete when and if they ever catch up? Thats why its critical that they catch up to the highest of levels first befor they do anything else. At the lower levels everything is available to you to see and choose from for thousands of levels beyond where u currently are. What does that mean? It means you will have an opportunity that we never had and thats the opportunity to choose what item might be best for u well before u get there, it will allow u the time to ask for the gifts u will need and to not waste your time and resources crafting something thats not nearly as good as something that will become available to u just a couple hundred levels further down the line.... What we get to do is guess and hope and wait around to find out if we made the right decision.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I like the 'u' as I stated this will not benefit me as well. I understand DEV'S are way behind 'your basket weaving' Every higher level say's nothing to do, guess what the 'links' will give opportunity as well to lower level to hit there level not yours or mine. Give them something tol ook forward to as well besides a stupid boss,
    BTW FB VC World boss total vikings: 8117
    fight started: 9 days ago Get that? #'s are dwindling what you going to do with those 'elite clerics'

wb1.jpg wb2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  13. polishpimp

The pics are much to small for me to read but Im guessing that your just trying to show me that player participation is steadily dropping. I dont need to be convinced of that....Ive been sending up flares and sounding the warning bells for a looooong time now. I guess where are opinions differ is to why the numbers are dwindling.. I get the feeling that u think the numbers are falling off because of lack of new content.....I would agree with that in part. but again I think we have a diff of opinion as to where that new content should be added. I would argue that these games thrived and were at their highest participation numbers when they were much more basic and new content was few and far between. Dont take me wrong here....Im not trying to say Kano shouldnt be adding new content.....rather they should be more mindful of where its added and how it affects players that have been around the longest. Like I said....these games thrived back in the day when there was far less content but things started slowly going south when Kano waited way to long to add to the end of the games(muspell). Coincidence? They finally started adding content to the end of the games (but are yet to catch up)but at the same time they started injecting new content midgame that was more advantages to the lesser levels. At that point Participation was still pretty high...but then again the effects of what they had did had not yet become evident. Eventually when the adverse effects started rearing their ugly head ....at that point the long standing players that stuck with them through the times of no new content felt slighted and began to play less and less until they stopped altogether. In an effort to stop the bleeding Kano has since added a ton of new content, updates, limits, restrictions and protection features yet the numbers have continued to decline. I cant help but think that this is due in large part to Kanos continuing not to address the real issue. Is it to late? Perhaps. But one thing is for certain.....tons of new content over the years that has given an advantage to lesser levels has done nothing to increase participation numbers. Arguably it has just made players more complacent and made them more dependent on the new and easier way of doing things.

Back to the main topic of making more stuff craftable. Obviously there is a ton of stuff at all diff levels that could be crafted that is still not eligible to do so. Personally I think it would be way over the top to make everything craftable...it would simply be just way to much. Another thing to consider is that there is already very little difference between the att and def number of the things that are already craftable. How are they to squeeze all the other things in between these numbers without having to change the entire scale of things in terms of numbers the rest of the way down the line?

In the end...its as simple as this for me.....the lesser levels already have items at there level and going forward to upgrade. Because of the higher levels they also have the ability to look forward at what is available and make much more of an educated decision than those that came before them. The highest of levels dont have this and in fact are playing content that is far behind them and which is still not available to upgrade. Lets be honest....The masses have tons of content at there level and ahead of them while the higher levels do not....adding more content which is useless to the highest of levels compounds this issue. Not only is this not fair but its selfish to want more of something what others have nothing ...just sayn.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

In agreement there, but the only thing was when these ideas were put up for different smithing they would of helped everyone at that point in time. Now to say add 1 more smithing for higher levels is the exact same as when those ideas were put into place. Not trying to say don't want this to happen it's just why now and not when asked for in the past?

Edit: My only question is why some boss helper drops were made craftable while others were not from the beginning.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  15. polishpimp

OK Bro...we are really beating this poor horse to death....lol.

As to your on your points/questions raised 1) who knows why Kano chooses one thing over the other to make craftable/upgradable. I disagree that anything being blacksmithed would have helped somebody at some time because the blacksmith was added very late in the game. When added there was a ton of stuff that could be crafted/upgraded that was already useless for many. I do however agree that there were different stages of the game where there were things that could have been added to the blacksmith that could have helped everybody either at the time or going forward, why Kano chose not to is beyond me. But for them to go back and do it now when it would help some going forward while being useless to others would not only be pointless but unfair. Why? Because going forward the lesser levels will have available to them what higher levels had to work with....they dont deserve anymore or less.

2) As to ...."why now?" This is as simple as it gets...not only do the highest of levels have nothing going forward ...they dont even have anything at their current level other than to rehash the same crap that theyve been doing and is also available to everyone else. Every thing added to the end of the game is will be available and useful to every single player at some point regardless of their current level.

Ive no idea what level u are but for examples sake lets say your a level 5k. Now lets say Kano stopped making new blacksmith stuff at level 4k yet continues to pump out newer and better blacksmith stuff available at level 1 k that will be of absolute no use to you at level 5k....are u going to be cool with that?

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm level 7k and the upgrades would be useless to me as well, doesn't bother me 1 bit.

17. polishpimp

ok. but now lets say kano throws ya a bone and makes a new item available at the blacksmith at level 4500 that is useful to u but still far being optimal for your level. At the same time they retro actively make items from previous levels that u were no longer amassing due to their uselessness at the time abnd unavailable to blacksmithed but now would be useful to u at the higher levels. You have very few of these items because they were worthless and unable to be blacksmithed....but the lesser levels have a ton because they were relevant at their level. By the time they get to your level.....guess what....they are much more powerful than u because kano went back and inserted new content midgame which u didnt have any opportunity to take advantage or much less make an educated decision on moving forward

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I do see what getting at, but would not diminish my game at all, would actually enhance it. They get more so what, means more people to 'BATTLE' and better exp. Plus the other end of the stick, I'm sure you have done the math on smithing before, coin compared to thousands of items made are not worth D@CK in the end, helps yes some what. In the end they will as well not use "X" items as well when get closer in level's. Heck no one likes to get beat by a lower level, but a challenge is better than doing nothing.

19. polishpimp

Well thats where we differ. In no way am adverse to a challenge...in fact im quite fond of them. I just dont think that "challenge" should come via an extra leg up provided after the fact in which I or anyone else did not have the same opportunity. I suppose Im a dinosaur but Ive always felt that everybody playing this game or any other should have exactly the same opportunities.

Yeah Ive done the math... and fully realize that the difference in numbers is pretty minuscule and by design. Thats in large part why I feel the way I do about this whole subject. With the diff in numbers being what they are and the coin spent to get that meager advantage the last thing I want to see happen is some getting "free pass" for lack of a better phrase.

In terms of the coin spent ....of course its worth it....not much else to spend it on and with the numbers being what they are every bit helps.....thats why Ive always felt that empire/income played an extremely vital role in these games and why on my respective platform I have the most gold and the largest income. Back when Kano first started their slogan on their cover page was something like....Those who have the gold have the power....Ive adhered to that philosophy from day 1 and believe it to be true.

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member