[VC] Guild bosses

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Akkhunter1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

There should be bosses for guilds. It would be like a world boss, but for a guild. A few differences would be that you can attack it every 1 hour with 20 stamina, only guild members could attack it. And like all bosses it would have a time limit, for example, 1 week to kill a boss with lets say 9 billion health. The rewards would be exp and random drops. The health/strength of the boss would be determined on these 2 things, the amount of players in the guild and the average strength of the players in the guild. A boss would go up in levels everytime you defeat it the boss would take 1 week to re generate after it dies. There would be a new section on the guild page for the boss. Not all guilds would have to do a boss, much like guild wars the guild leader could choose weather or not to do a boss.

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

this is a good idea i meen it gives another reson to be in a guild not just to only get gp and have people to talk to

3. i like it 10 start .. i think all will start an armada boss no one wont :D

just one question... so if the armada didn't defeat the boss so they will be next time still on level 1?

another point.. some armadas are with over 20 members .. most are inactive! so their boss will be with high life and there is just 2-3 who are attacking !

for me i think the attack should be with no time .. but each person should make X damage ..at last day anyone can get the boss if there was some life left or some haven't done/completed the required life for him

4. kayjay

kayjay Guest

that could be interesting good idea

5. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Yay that sounds good from a mod!

6. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

The boss would still be at level one, but i cant control if a guild has alot of inactives.

7. Nice, fresh idea, Akk. That's one I haven't heard before. WTG!

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

9. alka

alka Banned

Since I put this idea forward in February, a lot of issues have come about with certain groups winning the GP thingy each month.
    I now think the idea would only add fuel to the problem and help those that are not helping the game(s).

I won't vote on it again as mine rated at 9.4 and didn't come to fruition.

10. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

The guild boss would not count as boss gp.

11. kayjay

kayjay Guest

lol thanks am a player first :)

12. alka

alka Banned

I didn't read that in your original idea. That said, I still think any "Faction/Guild Only" idea's would be abused by the abusers, of which there are many!

13. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

How would a guild boss be abused?

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i like it or at least something along those lines.

As far as abuse goes... if its not tied to GP than the only potential abuse i see is swapping guild members in and out to allow for more hits....but i think this could be eliminated by time based eligibility.

The only real issue i see is the limited amounts of hit per guild member.....wouldnt take very long before a boss out grows its guild. I think guild members should be able to blast it if they so wish and i also think once a player has hit a particular guild boss they should not be able to hit another guilds boss (in the event they switch guilds)until the boss they initially hit is dead.

A lil ironing out and it would be a welcome addition. 10 stars

15. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

If they could blast it then some other guild members might not be able to get in any attacks, because by the time they get back its dead. I think ill leave it at the 1 attack every 1 hour way, and remember they are allowed to use 20 stamina every attack.

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

lol, Most guilds are usually friends....I would think most would want to share with their fellow guild members before it got blasted. I would also think that after all were on and used what stam they wished to or had that they would appreciate a guild member coming in and finishing off so they could move on to the next.

My concern is that a guild boss would become way to big to kill just after a few levels if we were only allowed to hit it once an hour, especially if its not a full guild .

I dont think u can base a bosses health on a guilds strength or weaknesses because guild membership often changes....this being the case then realistically a higher level boss could potentially be weaker than a lower level boss which doesnt seem right to me.

Perhaps the answer is to say a boss cant be killed, collected on or blasted until each guild member that was part of the guild when the boss regenerated had a minimum number of hits.

I also think there would have to be a minimum guild member requirement to have a boss so players dont start one man guilds just so they can hog a boss.

17. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Hmm, that sounds good, once all guild members get in lets say 5 hits then it can be blasted. But those first 5 hits would be 1 attack a hour. After that it would be a free kill. And for the guild requirement 10 members would sound good, that prevents the boss hogging. Most people think that if a guild has 25 members, that they can kill a boss easy because of how many they have. But not really, alot of those could be inactive/banned. Really a guild boss would be a way for a guild to test there strength to the fullest.

At first i was considering a way for the guild leader to summon a boss of a certain level. For example, a player chooses the Invisible Demon at level 50. Then i thought that wouldnt be a good idea because some of the guild members might not want the level 50 Invisible Demon.(Invisible Demon was just a example everyone, not a real boss.)

I think that most people agree with the guild boss idea, im not just saying that because it was my idea, im saying it based on what people have said so far.

18. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Im happy with all of the positive responses on this so far!

19. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

lol as soon as i said that someone comes in and votes and makes the over all rating a 9.

20. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Deleted comment from poster

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012