[VC] Group Chat on Facebook for VC

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by LaScepter, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Also, once you establish a chat group through the "new way" in Facebook you can re-open it by visiting the message and selecting "open in chat".

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=193341410712774

"Can I chat with the same group of friends more than once?
    To start a new chat with the same group of friends, go to the original conversation in Facebook Messages and select Open in Chat from the actions menu."

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Yeah! Everyone seems to skip over the fact that MS has no chat option and players do just fine on there. FB players have gotten very lazy. To many people are not just looking for an easy fix, but have come to expect the Developers to step in and give them one.

There are plenty of other ways to have a group chat, it's not Kano's problem if players don't want to go find them.

3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

That option is very true...the problem with using that NEW type of Chat Service from FB is ...it sends ALL messages to ALL in that selected group as a message so its going to cell phones as a text message ..phones pinging all day all night ..unless up opt out...then your out...till you request to be re added or someone adds you...either way its worthless...yes Kendall...Facebook failed to inform the Apps. and the admins of this change... we are exploring other options to communicate as a group...I dont by any means hold KANO responsible for this ..just wishing KANO had a fix or another option for us loyal to the game ..

@ Relentless...You must play on MS ...how many play on MS ????..Here on FB ..VC we are hardcore(mostly)...we have spent REAL money to be who we want to be in the game...and as far as communicating in the game with my guild ..i feel i speak on this for ALL guild leaders and members that are involved in the Guild Wars and those who are not....as with ANYTHING communication is key to success.....No one EXPECTS KANO to step in and give us one ...we are ASKING KANO to step in and HELP us ....But being that your not on FB explains why your so lax a daisy about his...MANY MANY other types of groups on FB are effected by this as well...not just VC....but i care most about the VC side....the other groups on FB can fight for their own way to chat as a community..

If my dream could come true it would be to play VC straight from their website and totally bypass FB all together...i prefer the KANO direct page its clean ,vibrant awesome looking !!!!..Many dont play on the KANO page for long periods of time ..cause they have to click another tab back to FB to communicate...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. djdarkpervert

djdarkpervert New Member

I am a disabled player of vc. the chat for me gave me lots of new friends and a sense of belonging. Which now i dont have And i still try to play much as i can yes. But its made it a lot more confusing.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The groups are still there, ) only the chat feature for the groups is gone), so you can talk and be with your friends .:) FB is always making changes we do not always like, example TIMELINE lol so far I have not had that forced on me :)

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I am an active player on FB ZS. I have been involved in many group chats. From the posts made on the Forum about this issue, players do expect Kano to do something about it. They have stated that their games are now impossible to play and that people are going to stop playing Kano games unless Kano fixes this issue!

I was playing long before FB started the group chats and i will continue to play regardless. I don't need a chat group to help me play, so i really don't see why so many are fussing over this. Yes i understand people like to get together and chit chat, but i don't see that as a gaming issue because they can't.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We just had a quick meeting to see what we could leverage with our existing chat, here is what we are going to look to do:

1. make it so that links added to chat actually show as links, making it easier to share links in game
    2. simplify the layout of the current chat module
    3. make it so that the chat can be undocked to move with-in the game area
    4. better group support, have a dedicated page that allows you to organize and manage groups. You can only belong to one chat group at a time.

This will provide better chat support for all networks.

Feedback on the above would be appreciated.

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

This could be good for all concerned. If folks logged in here to chat, in guilds, or a group, or in multiple groups, it would certainly bring control to screen space as this "window" can be made very small, and most users would have the very simple registration process up to themselves on a one time basis. It could also be good for the "Kano Community" (though maybe less "awesome" requirements could be in place for those who do like to get angry once in a while at folks killing them or vice versa!)

I am thinking like you have now, where you can make a group (I have ... but it has 8/9 members that are not active nor am I). You could add the chat feature. I certainly could if I could have slots for about 150, fill the chat requirements of Freedom, Fun, Forever in VC (and other Kano games). My guild would likely prefer a chat interface where they don't have to be added all the time as well or have their phones fill up with messages, and inactive ones don't have to feel jerky if they have to remove themselves from the "FB Message Group Chat Hack" AKA CRAP FB Chat at present.

I think also most folks would like the easier on the eyes Canvas Version of VC.

BTW MS does have the Kano Chat functionality. You can group up people on the fly. But whether it "holds" them for long is a 64 FP question ...

To your last post now ...

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not sure how may people are encountering the security ?'s now that sometimes pop up using FB new fix but OMG it's ridiculous, and I'm sure everyone that has not yet encountered it, soon will... WAY TO GO FB DIDN'T THINK COULD FECK IT UP MORE!

10. LaScepter

Kendall...I like the idea of the chat being undocked...as far as only being able to be in 1 group at a time that should work..as i stated before ..i think whats most important is communication between guild members ..first....and all other communications ..for simple chatting can still be done thru FB....i vote YES on your idea..! Some here commenting on this issue apparently do not support a guild ..ie...slaps , bounties going up , attack helps ...etc....these are all part of supporting the guild..very important for us to have instant communication..thats where my vision is on this....thank you for taking the time to review this issue with your crew Kendall..!!! Oh ...1 question yet....will we have to use the "speaker credit"...i hope not...:cool:

11. Kel the Merciful King

This was a good quick meeting. I think you need another, to make the folks here happy. I am speaking for myself and also as representing a group of Kano game enthusiasts of about 150. As a guild leader, add another few people more than 25 (ya think my Guild is 24 plus me????). LaScepter there, has many, many friends and they are saying go xxx go (no names eh!). I know of many others in the VC community that want to get their chats active again for their groups. For my folks, I could get them off their mousepads and here to say "Go Kel Go!". I have not done that yet.

1) Active links is vital to the way the guild wars game is played. Using the Canvas version, possibly one can even grab "Adventure" "Challenge" request helps and post them to the guild chat feed (FB stopped the process of copying and pasting such hyperlinks about 3/4 weeks back).

2) Simplicity is close to always best.

3) Great idea of undocking the chat. If in Canvas, can it be in resizeable pop out window? If it were Christmas, :eek:

4) Better group support. Yeah ..... but one group? Assuming a guild chat is restricted to 25 members as shown in the formal guild competitions, one has to think of Guild families that are out there. For example, I must be in at least 6 or 7 FB groups related to VC, with "Kill The Ruthless King" being the least used ... If FFF would have a chat group, and say for example "RVV" (Royal Vikings of Valhalla) would be considered another group, well, I can't be happy can I? I also want to say hello to some of my competitors too occasionally to make them more ill than they are and that would be another group.

Christmas is coming (at least from a marketing standpoint) ... can ya give this another meeting?

Founder,
    Freedom, Fun, Forever in VC (and other Kano games)

12. LaScepter

Kel ...all due respect...I have asked those that are bothered by the changes that FB has made to voice their opinion...But i have not pulled out the "friend" card and swamped the thread with them...whom has posted on behalf of Me bringing this issue to light here was a (few) of my guild members from Saga Norns...everyone else whos commented has done so by their own frustration with FB...I too belong to other groups that are VC communities i would love to have the old way of chatting with everyone in the group without the cell phones pinging 24 hrs a day from FB as a message to the inbox's of hundreds all over the world at all times of the day and night... But i think to start we start with whats important to those we lead...our guilds..and once again communicating in a way we had before....Im not just asking for myself in this issue im asking for KANO to help all of us..no matter what group we belong to....

13. Kel the Merciful King

The intent of my expression there was to state that we both have a silent mass of folks that are saying "Go get em." We don't have to pull them here, to bring the Idea up higher by size.

A good idea can be made by one person alone. The Battle Arena was suggested by one person I know. Refined by another but submitted. Was it taken from that? Dunno. Wish they said 20,000 hit limit (pass me some ice please for my wonky finger ...).

Your doing good here! Still, war points is war points: axe ya later!

14. Kel the Merciful King

Ya think there is interest on this subject?

Replies: 32
    Views: 441

15. LaScepter

I see..that makes me happy....:D ..shows support !