Griefing??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

With all due respect, what are KANO games coming to? Griefing? Seriously?

Let us see here - a lower level trash talks (quite often saying things that are highly offensive) and then axe slaps us a few times. The only response players have is to list the offending party into submission.

We play a combat game. Lower level Vikings would not be beaten so badly by higher Vikings if they didn't say things that were highly offensive or downright stupid.

What was the thought process behind this? I'm 1st place in KANO VC - I'd never see a lower level Viking unless they started something with me. So KANO is basically saying to me (and to the other top 10 Vikings) that any level 1000 or so can do something to us and we can not respond.

Do you see how short sighted that is?

2. Grand Master Fielding

Let me also say this, when Jillian and Polish Pimp (aka Mr. and Mrs. Blimp) were in 1st and 2nd place and I was in 3rd, they listed me over 500 times. Not once did I whine to KANO, or to anyone else. They attacked me mercilessly for near 1 year. 2000x a day minimum. That's what Counter attacks are for. We play a combat game. If you don't wanna be attacked, then don't draw attention to yourself.

3. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I agree 100% with Fielding. This is a BATTLE GAME! I was bountied and attacked endlessly when I was coming up through the ranks. So instead of crying in my so called beer and complaining about it I built my viking up and now am unbeatable to everyone except the top 5 players, Why can't people see that the essence of this game is to be challenged and then rise to that challenge?? There are winners and losers in life as well as this game. The challenge is to rise to the occasion, build up and overcome! If people want to hold hands and sing
    kumbaya, then I would suggest other non-battle games.

4. The Rogue Avenger

The Rogue Avenger New Member

Totaly agree with you,

5. Grizzly D

Grizzly D New Member

I am in agreement with everything posted above. I know that when I take on a higher level whether it be an axe slap, bounty, or attack the risk is their wrath and retaliation. I expect it, I accept it, and I have complete knowledge that it is part of a combat game. I have been on the receiving end of such behavior and I just dug in and continued on my course. And I have no problem returning the favor once I catch them in power and will give them exactly what they deserve.

It's is a combat game and it should be common knowledge that you are at some point going to be pounded and pounded a lot. Suck it up get stronger and take them down.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Totally agree, In FB PC the word bully is thrown around alot, sure there are one or two who do it to lowers with no provocation ( one is a kid in high school) but mostly the higher level is reacting to something the lower level did, as you expressed, winding up on the HL rival list being the # 1 reason, yet when they do, others scream bully,and they are mostly the ones who do not believe these are PVP games and play exclusively fighting undead and bosses, those players need to play farmville.( funny thing is a certain percentage of the bully screamers do the very same thing,but god forbid it is done to their" littles" ( their word ,not mine) :p

7. Grand Master Fielding

Linda - usually when someone catches my bounty - I'll list them once and kinda forget about it. Most lower levels will walk away and say "I got a 150 Trillion bounty and took one death to get it", and they'll be happy. A few like to whine. Them I'll list a few times.

Others then will axe slap me, to see what I'll do. And then when I list them back 20x - knowing that I (or anyone else for that matter) will do this - they scream "UNFAIR". And then start talking trash in the World chat - for which the mute feature on the KANO play version does not always work that well. If these geniuses would leave me alone, I'd likely never see them.

Understand that I am a level 19800 Viking, and the next closest Viking is level 15000. I'm playing a game literally against no one. Which is more than fine. But don't attack me and then whine when I retaliate - and then KANO tells me that I have to sit and take this. It's wrong. Everyone I have talked to about this - 15+ people so far, agree with me this "griefing" rule is horrible. And they all want it changed.

8. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Totally agree. Way too much crying about so and so attacked me. Big deal. There's a nice wee button.. HEAL. Slap them back, attack them back. Bounty them! In this game we fight. Grow a set, get stronger. Just stop XXXX in your soup cup and then whining about it. I never cared who hits me, don't care who I hit.. I have laughed my self silly over some attacks. It's not a big deal what level hits you. They all die the same as you do.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

From what I can recall, the "protection" feature was implemented last year so that low to mid level players will be able to do something when they are chainlisted, since they normally don't have the resources to do anything else. I myself have never used it, but I have been chainlisted on many occasions. I use the original form of protection... do nothing and wait for them to move on to someone else.

10. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

KILL KILL KILL

enough said .

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Asshats use this feature. If you need protection from someone then go play farmville. And it's another craptastic idea brought to us by crybabies and kano cuddling them. Have had 5 players use this point less feature on me already.

12. ben

ben Active Member

i agree these are battle games not cry babys games ...

13. Grand Master Fielding

Ben it's not often you and I agree - but here we are in agreement. I'm trying to keep this limited to the issue of KANO allowing people to act in a certain way and avoid retribution.

14. Grand Master Fielding

Why thank you Jon, glad you agree with me and most everyone else on here.

15. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

all i want to say on the issue is it seems a bit silly that in a viking game you get any sort of protection like that.

16. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I agree totally. If this is a game, then why does anyone need 'Protection'? I never had it when I started. Wouldn't want it now.I think it's lame and totally unnecessary!

17. well said Fielding