[VC] Gift problems

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Liden Bjarka, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Facebook is currently experiencing an issue with requests (this includes sending/receiving Gifts, Boosts and Clan Invites) so you might experience issues with those features. They are working on a fix and hope to have it resolved ASAP.

2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am using kanoplay to for gifting as is a lot faster and I can skip all that flashing whiteouts seen on facebook. Usually on a TV there is a warning message when the following program has so many flashing lights.

Erik Peterson likes this.
  3. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

And isn't it nice playing without all the lag from the sidebar ads? Whatever Facebook decides to do, I might just stay on kanoplay.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

I noticed that its done with some people to send them stuffs with others don't and I want to ask is there anything to do with browser updates ???

5. dave johnson

dave johnson New Member

Their working on it now and they have just about got it right !!1 Just a few more twirks And they should have it done.

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Why would you switch? You can play the entire game on kanoplay.com without going back to Facebook.

Micaylah likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I chat via facebook with many people while I play is why, using in-game chat is a PIA.

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Agreed , Kano play for gifts, FB for the social fun :)

HJM and Micaylah like this.
  9. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Ok, I just have an extra tab open in my browser for FB but it's indeed easier to have the game and FB chat on the same page. Especially during Armada Wars it's a lot of switching between tabs. In game chat is useless.

10. dave johnson

dave johnson New Member

Well I thought so anyway now they have gone back to the same old thing they are trying to stop

11. Kirsten

Who is " they" and "what "are they trying to stop

12. dave johnson

dave johnson New Member

the people I was replying to was talking about facebook and trying to fix the gifting situation so I used the form they because I thought the person reading the messages would know what I was talking about. But obviously, was in error for certain people so accept my most heartfelt apologies for not being plain enough in my replies I'm new at this

13. Kirsten

Lol OK was just curious but it did look like you were talking to you self ;)

14. There seems to be a new bug in the gifting system, in addition to the FB-related one discussed above. For the past week or two it seems that after sending 15 or so gifts, no others can be sent. It eventually resets so more gifts can be sent, but I have not figured out the timing any closer than next day. I have not tried playing directly through the kano site.

15. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

gifts in all fb games are constANTLY HAVING PROBLEMS -nothing new kano needs to straigten it out .

16. Shifty Paladino

Shifty Paladino New Member

Not just an issue with Facebook. I just accepted 25 gifts and none of them are present in my inventory. I use Kano Server 1.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO is out for the weekend, I know this sounds stupid, "refresh page, clear cache?"

18. Shifty Paladino

Shifty Paladino New Member

Hey Jades. Yep. First thing I tried. Nothin. I filed a ticket. Will send update. Thanks. :)

19. What I do not get is there are days the gifts work fine, and then the next day they don't, then I have had days lately that some will send, while others, I have to open the persons profile in another tab, go to the bottom of their page where their wish list is located and click on the gift from there to send. The kicker being is, even on their profile under the picture where it says send gift? That does not work either, only using the wish list at the bottom of their profile works. I have tried on FB ( which I usually use) but as well on Kano. Same issues. Also, the boost seem to always send, just not the gifts. Strange indeed....I hope FB and Kano gets it straightened out. Opening multiple pages just to send/return gifts is time consuming as well as annoying. :(

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

My gifts started working other day via FB for those that no longer have FB accounts, and play on KANO PLAY only LOL :eek: So I'm seeing opposite effects....:confused: