[All] Gift Enhanced God Items

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Zoonie, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

My idea is to have a monthly item with a cost of say 15 FP with stats of something like 100-100. The interesting bit is that to go with these monthly items there would also be two monthly gift items, one attack and one defence. These gift items would be a power-up to the monthly item (same graphic each month just labelled with mmm-yy or colour-coded to cut down on graphics creation). You add one or both of these gifts to your Wishlist (might have to increase the Wishlist to 10 items). When you collect one of these gifts the idea is it would add +1 to the appropriate stat. of the item. Depending on the number of gifts you can rack up you could have an impressive item by the end of the month (you might have to impose an upper limit on enhancement).

Eg. On 4th March, 2016 you buy the Carpet of Calamity (100-100) for 15FP. You then go and collect all the power-up gifts that your clan has been sending you since the 1st of March. The Power-up gifts amount to 34 attack gifts and 19 defence gifts. So now your C. of C. has stats of 134-119 and you still have another 27 days to build it up by collecting more power-up gifts.

This idea increases the incentive to exchange gifts especially for mid-range players upwards for whom gifts have long since ceased to have mattered as a way of directly increasing their battle strength. It would also encourage higher level players to add lower level clan giving lower level players access to more of the higher level location bosses.

The only drawback would be how difficult to code this would be. My guess is that the stats for all items in the game are held in a global database. There can’t be more than a handful of unique items in the game and these are easily accommodated by adding them to the global database. Implementing this idea would mean that the stats for my copy of the Carpet of Calamity would, potentially, be different from Evil Edna’s copy of the C. of C. so might have to be held within the personal data for individual players and a way found to integrate the two data sets.