[PC] Game Update: Battle Drops are Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I appreciate you responding...but that hardly makes it fair because the lower levels can hit bosses as well...lol. In addition.... you stated that their r 2 kinds of drops...common n rare...So the answer to my question of whether the drop ratio is the same between lower and higher levels is that it is not ...correct? So the fact that the "rare" drop has higher numbers yet cant be collected at anywhere near the same rate is suppose to bridge the gap between the disparity of the drop ratio? There is no way the higher numbers of the rare drops make up for the diff in drop ratio. The difference im seeing in drop ratios between the lower and higher levels tells a completely diff story. Of course higher levels should get dps with better numbers...obviously drops with lower numbers would be useless to them......but the fact that the higher levels get a lesser drop rate is exactly what makes this unfair.

1000 drops with 20/20 numbers = 20k/20k. 100 drops with 40/40 numbers= 4k/4k. And thats being nice as the diff between drop ratios at this time appears to be even higher than 10%

Will these drops every be used at the black smith?

If the intent is to increase the incentive for battling multiple diff players.....than its really missing the mark for the players of a higher level and short fight list.

Personally I would love to be able to lessen the burden on my stamina and fight multiple diff players while getting better XP and drops too. Dont take me wrong here...I completely understand that no update is going to be able to satisfy all levels equally for obvious reasons, but it just seems to me that there has never been an update that is more favorable to the higher levels where as all the updates appear to be skewed toward lower levels. Even with guild wars that was suppose to give us all a lil more equitable footing the higher levels have far less opportunity to score WP. When do those who have supported this game and your company the most with both time played and financially get their fair share?

Once again...I LIKE THIS IDEA....IT COULD BE GREAT i just think it needs to be tweaked to make it fair. In its current state It allows for an advantage for newer players and then is magnified by the diff in drop ratio

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I wanted to be sure I understand the idea of getting drops from attacking for a bounty, I am not a bounty hunter , but does the person have to win the fights/attacks while going after a bounty in order for the chance for a drop, :)I sure hope so as people don't care alot if they win or lose when going after a bounty, I have enuf low levels trying as it is lol

3. polishpimp

I believe the only way u can get a drop is if u WIN!

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would assume that also :)

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Developer posted some where its only wins except cage matching. But it would be nice if you did win against players that you would receive drop items that way also. Not every time you win just the same ratio aspect as if you were fighting someone on the battle list yourself.

6. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

Pimp I think your concerns are valid to point, but if the drop item is based upon the lowest level between the attacker and defender, really the only advantage is the lower levels save money because they dont have to carry as many items that have cost attached to them, the items that are dropped will eventually be useless to them as they advance in level, yeah they will start getting stronger items, but you will be maxing out on strongest items available long before them. You will never be able to make this completly fair, but to me its the same as adding a new city. the guys that already finished the last city and playing it for hundreds of levels, and all the sudden they are at the same place with people who are just at the level the new city is.

7. What if they make a blacksmith item for those useless drops? then the newer clans could turn their thousands of extra drops into stronger items right?

8. polishpimp

Sy...but I just dont see that as being the case..... How are the highest of levels ever going to "max out" if they have little or no fight list? If the drop is based on the lower of the 2 players....the higher leveled player with no fight list would be getting inferior items for their level and even then those items would be much more limited to them as they will have to wait for the foolish lower level to open themselves up to them.

They lesser items may or may not become useless depending on whether they can eventually be blacksmithed. Furthermore...as the lower levels climb the ranks they will be replacing the lesser items with the better items on the fly until they eventually reach the higher levels where they will be fully outfitted with the more powerful items that the highest of levels only had limited access to.

Earlier in this thread i gave an example of a player about 1k levels ahead of me who has only 1 person on their fight list and that player is 4k or so levels ahead of them. How is this player suppose to max out on the battle drop items for their level or even get any at all? They cant...they will have to wait for players such as myself to attack them so they can attack me and then receive the inferior item that is intended for a player of my level

I agree that they can never make this update completely equitable for everyone and the monetary example you gave is a prime example, It takes quite while to get rid of ones upkeep and the newest of players who will have this update available to them from the onset will be able to achieve that much sooner than the more seasoned of players. Although that too could have a great affect...I can live with it as I dont personally think it would have as much of a detrimental affect.

Your city example is valid but once again I dont think it has nearly as much impact especially when most of the items gained from them will most likely be able to be crafted or elited at some point .But even if they arent....at least some will and at the very least we still got the money and XP from them

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

unfortunately, some players leveled themselves up too fast for different reasons and now there are not many for them to fight with, that right there should show others to not make that their goal, being No 1 is not always a good thing it is lonely at the top :)

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

As Linda said leveling to fast in the game does give you shorter fight lists. And i am one of those players that did use a leveling partner since its not really frowned upon in this game. And since some people consider hitting them 30 times is bullying you have to becareful otherwise they will report you for bullying which kano is great in understanding that there games are fighting games and your going to hit people constantly since there is usually the same amount of people or same people on your fight lists for 100's of levels. But someone posted on this thread about using a leveling partner to get drop items faster. Doesn't really work out to well. You only still get a certain percentage of battle drops. 500 attacks between myself and another player and i barely was able to get 10 items within that many fights. So the lower players might have more of a chance to collect more items since there fight lists are more stacked out then players at higher levels.

11. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

I like the idea of the battle drops. but not all of us got to the level we are because of a level partner. Some of us have been playing thing game loyally for over 3 years and got were we are from time and slowly one level/battle at a time.

I'm not sure how I feel about those entering the game or those who have laid at the bottom now seem to have an advantage.

If this really gives those lowers an advantage Kano will balance it out as they have in the past. if there is a percentage then I would trust they will take care of us as they usually do. there arent any other games who have kept me involved in their game for this long. a part of the reason ive stayed loyal is because they pay attention. just give it time.

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I am getting some drops, not lots.....the drop rate on boss fights and adventures both seem to be higher to me. I am not complaining though, I am hoping it will spark more activity on the battlefield! Also, I don't believe it is possible to get a drop from a loss or an undead attack, from what I am observing.

13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I started to play a little Pirate Clan to check this out, and my first thought was to build a low health parasite. :rolleyes:
    I hope to see it soon in the other games.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You are correct with your assumptions and our hope is the same as yours, that these new drops will spark some new interest in the battlefield (that was a major objective of this feature), get players doing some higher XP actions and getting more players to level up to fill out those empty battle lists that some of the high levels have.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Like DarkStratus commented previously, the battle drops are equivalent to items that can be accumulated through boss battles but drop at a much lower rate. For players at a higher level that are concerned about becoming weaker, they can still pick up items and spend their stamina on bosses to accumulate drops at a much faster rate.

We have added these drops taking into consideration with players concerns and have been careful with setting the drop rate and power of the items, so that it is fair to everyone including those that have no one on their battle list and appealing enough to get players into battling. If we can get more people doing battle actions in game it will be a positive for everyone, especially if those players start leveling up into those empty battle list levels.

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The assumptions you have made on the drop rates are incorrect and are a lot higher than what they actually are. Everyone, at every level of the game has the same drop rate (which is very low compared to bosses) and rare has a much lower drop rate than common.

There are no plans to offer blacksmith items at this time, if they would be they would be equivalent to a boss crafted item, so those players who have an empty fight list could still craft comparable items.

Players with empty fight lists can still chase down equivalent items through bosses and get more items per stamina, so the concern of missing out and becoming weaker than those coming up through the battle list I do not see as valid and we took that into account while developing this feature and balancing the drops / drop rate.

17. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

After 2000 Battles Won I got:

20 Mateys: Witch King X 9 Attack 7 Defense 7 + Master Assassin x 11 Attack 11 Defense 11
    20/2000 = 1% drop rate

30 Weapons: Apollo Blade X 15 Attack 11 Defense 11 + Fire Flinger X 15 Attack 13 Defense 13
    30/2000 = 1.5% drop rate

3 Ships: Warlord Galley X 1 Attack 40 Defense 40 + Blaster Barge X 2 Attack 50 Defense 50
    3/2000 = 0.15% drop rate

I think the drop rates are very low, considering that you can use up to 20000 Mateys, 20000 Weapons and 2000 Ships. But I played Pirates only now to test the drop rates, so I can be wrong.

18. @ Gazember Is that on one opponent or several ?

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I started from lvl 1 and yes, with hundreds of opponents. But they never attacked back hahahaha...

20. polishpimp

LOL...Im not trying to argue just for arguments sake...my apologies if its coming across that way but apparently I m having difficulty understanding the logic. How can the drop rate be the same for every player if the drop rate for the items is different and only particular items are available to players of a certain level?

Ok...so battle drops drop at a much lesser rate than boss drops. There has always been some type of balance as far as bosses getting the valuable drops vs the much better XP of battling....Now battles continue to get the better XP with addition of drops ( at a lower rate)...where as battling bosses remain the same?

So basically....lower leveled or new players will have options that the highest of levels never had or will have due to their lack of a fight list. A low leveled or new player can either battle and accrue drops and when and if their battle page dries up temporarily as it always does ...can then jump over to bosses with out missing a beat as far as gaining XP and drops (or vice versa) where as the higher leveled player with little or no fight list gets to do bosses and once/if the bosses dry up they are stuck like chuck? With out a doubt this allows the lower leveled or new player the OPPORTUNITY/POTENTIAL to level faster and accrue more drops thus making them stronger by he time they get to my level. Because when I was leveling up in either one of my accounts...Once the bosses dried up I could resort to battling...which i did by the way and have have hundreds of thousands of wins in which i received no drops.

Once again....I do like this idea....but the the way im reading what your saying just doesnt compute for me here on the playing field. Granted....maybe Im missing something here (wouldnt b the first time...lol). I know that nothing can make things 100% fair...I understand that the majority of players r low to mid level players and that the imbalance created by this update will have little or no noticeable affect on them....but I just dont see this as being the case for players of a much higher level that have hundreds of thousands of battle wins under their belt.....and over time...this will inevitably have an affect once the players who had this option from early on begin to catch up.

Im not not so naive to think that u r going to change anything simply because its not as fair to the higher levels....this has always been the case and it makes sound business sense considering the majority of your bucks come from the masses which happen to be the low to mid leveled. but it does bother me a bit that you at Kano always try to cover the fact that nearly every update u do has a detrimental effect on the upper levels. I just wish a company that proclaims to care so much for all its players would actually say it like it is. But then again...I guess it wouldnt make sense to let the masses know that everything they do and every dollars they spend gets them that much closer to being handicapped. I get it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012