"From the wrath of the Northmen, save us, o God"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sspyndel, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sspyndel

sspyndel New Member

Från nordmännens raseri bevare oss Gud ( Swedish )

On this day in the year 1043 Runic Era (793 CE) three Viking ships raided the Isle of Lindisfarne, officially opening what is commonly known as the "Viking Age"

Just a little bit of Viking history for you. There is some historic discrepancies stating the date was in January, however, having sailed on a half scale Viking ship myself, the lovely Munin, on the calm Pacific ocean during January, I do not believe it was January in England.. the hulls of Viking ships don't withstand choppy winter oceans very well.. if it's risky on the Pacific, and HAS to be a calm day.. no way it's gonna happen on the Atlantic!

Happy Viking, Viks and Valks.. Fair Winds for the dragonships!

( for my pics of the Munin, here's a slide show.. http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=Munin&w=86379813@N00 )

2. I am LEGION

I am LEGION New Member

On a completely unrelated note, I notice you list your location as "Cowgatory". I am SO stealing that as the name for where I'm living now. I usually call it "the redneck, puritan hicktown" but Cowgatory is so much more succinct.

3. sspyndel

sspyndel New Member

my condolences, you live in Cowgatory, Hellberta too? Too many rednecks and not enough trees to hang them from!