FP's cost went up only for europeans?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WOADLORD, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't live in the EU, but i believe that the point is that it would have been nice for Kano to have posted advance notice that some players would have to pay more than the advertised amount to buy FPs, instead of waiting for a player to open a thread here asking about it and then finding out after the fact. i'm sure the dissatisfaction would have been the same. but at least affected players would know in advance and be able to plan accordingly.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Vic

Vic Active Member

i seem to remember hearing something about this, too. but to honest with you, i didn't know that it was going into effect as of the first of this year. maybe players that live in the EU would have known, but it still would have been a good idea for KANO to have announced this BEFOREHAND, rather than having a PLAYER ask about it AFTER THE FACT. by that logic, if it's ever in the news, no one has to tell you about it because you should already know? that's a little ridiculous, don't you think? in my line of work, if there is a change that will adversely impact ANY of our customers, we are REQUIRED to provide written notice to ALL of our customers BEFORE making the change. it's a huge headache, but at least we can say that we tried to let them know beforehand.

No Nuts 4u likes this.
  3. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Hindsight's 20\20...looking back is kinda fuzzy.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Just for your info Kirsten: 1) NO nothing was mentioned on the news 2) YES we pay taxes here too 3) On your 1st post to this thread you showed concerns asking questions, as you said because of your friends to let them know with this changes, so now because none of them were hit by these changes you are showing such hypocrisy against those that are not your so called 'friends'? so now you can say it's not a big deal, And finally as i already told to Mitch NONE of other games implemented these new changes.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have FB friends and clan all over the world, and yes I let alot know, in various groups I am in, I sent them the link and some links I looked about it online when I say it is not a big deal, IMO it isn't , it sucks but it is something people are gonna have to deal with after the initial ,Oh Crap , what are ya gonna do, we the "people" do not have much control over big business or government changes like this, better to just move on, at least that is what I feel.

I don't know about the other games, since I only play Kano games, so do not purchase for games except for Kano, But from what I read about it, I think it has to do with location of the provider?? really not sure about all the ins and out, and I do feel for you, and others who this will affect.

6. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax
    Agonizing read but worth it. To my understanding, since Kano provides a product they are technically responsible to the VAT. If it was a service, that might be a different story. Favor Points are as much of a product as Bitcoins, albeit a different financial value. The product is 'moved to' or 'used by' a resident where they are susceptible to the new tariffs.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

And the link isn't up to date. The only thing incorrect might be the numbers, but the way it works is the same.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I "think" I saw in some thing I found that the tax varies depending on the currency and or the Country.

9. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

It does, if you read to the bottom of the Wikilink it explains what the percentages are for the countries and which ones are affected by the VAT. I read the entire thing over a cup of coffee with a dictionary open and my thinking cap on. Wikipedia is agonizingly specific and seemingly accurate.

10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Lasinagol likes this.
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Here is a recent article from Nov 25th re changes to VAT and how it will affect online commerce written by The Guardian.
    http://www.theguardian.com/small-bu...-eu-vat-regulations-threaten-micro-businesses

As for notice anyone affected by the VAT should see within the game a note that their purchase will be subject to VAT. It was never our intention to mislead any of our players.
    [​IMG]

Facebook is now automatically collecting the VAT on all purchases within the EU affected by this change so we really had 2 options; Give out less FP than previously awarded at the various tier levels or roll the VAT into the price and keep the FP payout the same which is what we have done.

End of the day we are not ripping anyone off, however I completely understand as a consumer that it can feel this way given you are now paying more for the same goods than you were in December 2014. I cannot speak to how other social games on FB have or have not accounted for these VAT changes but I would imagine you will be seeing them award less goods or charge more to accommodate for VAT in the near future.

12. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Thanks Smack, point taken, but is way too much expensive to buy any now for just 275 fp's paying 52 euros which comes up to 61 usd, that is ridiculous! But have to say it again that until now you are the only on-line game that put the prices up, maybe others took the burden on their shoulders? so they will not loose european customers, because if for example they used to give a bonus in 24 hrs before 1st Jan 2015 they kept the same bonus till today, while they kept the same prices, i don't know but that's what it is.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  13. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

I do have to say the price for us aussies is ridiculous also, almost makes a person not want to spend but hey, i'll keep spending, afterall someone needs to help kano stay a float.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Let's be clear, I doubt anyone is accusing you of ripping someone off (on this subject, on other subjects it's a different matter;)) here. What you could have done though is inform your players better. Or even plan actions ahead to meet this 'unfair' change when it took place. After all, you as a business is affected by it. Atleast we now know it, even if it's a month too late.

It's also not the only two moves you could make as you know. You could also meet the customer on the halfway line or even take the new VAT cost completely. I understand that you as a business isn't very warm towards the idea of less income per transaction but it all boils down to if you think it's a cost worth paying to keep your EU players happy or if it's a risk worth taking (ie. they will keep on spending as much as before regardless of the extra cost). As for me personally, I know I'll definitely will spend significantly less than previous years. The main factor has been a lack of good development in the game but this change really helped pushed me towards that decision (as if the cost of buying FP wasn't expensive before this change).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've cleaned up some of the off-topic posts. Let's cool it with the back and forth please people. :)

If there is something in a post that you take objection to, please use the Report tool instead of responding and I will clean things up.

16. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Aww spoil our fun :(

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I know, I'm the worst. :D

Kirsten and foxysiren like this.
  18. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Good Mitch, but this won't solve the problem this thread was created for, as usual let's throw this dust under the carpet!

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Although this doesn't effect me, couldn't it be possible the tax be applied to extra FP's for dealing with the situation? Boost them up on who got fecked on this deal. Everyone should be charged the same amount, if "choose" to buy favor points in the same game.

WOADLORD likes this.
  20. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

i assume that VAT is charged by the location stated in your FB account (it would be a nightmare to track if using your IP address and it cant be by using Paypal because many have multiple delivery addresses and it cant be your credit card as a paypal transaction doesnt reflect the origins of your credit card account). So assuming you move from lets say, the UK to a country Africa you wouldnt then continue to need to pay the VAT as you wouldnt be in Europe. right???? and when you move country you change your FB account to reflect this right?. Just putting this out there. for your thoughts