Forum Posting Program Season 2

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 17, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey forum goers!

Since I've had quite a few requests to bring back the forum posting program, I'm letting you all know that I'll be running another season in March.

The forum activity program will consist of a three month long season where you can earn smaller monthly rewards (like attribute refills or other prizes) and a big “end of season” reward that you can get by meeting the thresholds.

For "season two", I'm going to be keeping the barrier of twenty posts per month to meet the requirement for the rewards. There is no sign up process, if you comment on the forums then I’ll consider you a part of the program. Posts will again have to meet a minimum bar of quality.

Based on feedback from the previous program, I'll also be adding a monthly maximum. Doing 10 posts per day when the month is said and done will put you over that maximum at which point the rewards will begin to be affected when I hand them out. This still gives a person somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 posts a month, depending on which month we're talking about.

Rewards don't scale based on how many posts you do either; a person with 20 posts gets the exact same amount as a person with 250 posts.

Forum Activity Season Thresholds for Season Two

Monthly Minimum: twenty posts

Monthly Maximum: 10 posts per day (times this by the number of days in a month to find out the maximum. March would be 310 posts for example)

Three month threshold: sixty posts

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow, a maximum number of posts each day, I guess George and Kirsten won't be getting any rewards any more, with their APS (Addictive Posting Syndrome). :p Also, will the 3 month top poster season reward (if there is one) be affected? If so, Jades might actually have a shot to win now.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It was never a contest to me, I simply answer questions and give feedback on things that will effect my game play. As well keeping players up to date that don't visit the forums.

Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's not a contest, so there are no "winners".

Jess, S E T H, LaScepter and 2 others like this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes not sure why people think it is a contest, I have always been vocal in the forums for many years now, I am not gonna change who I am or what I do, regardless of anything or anyone. :) anyone can get the monthly rewards and many have.

neill1990 likes this.
  6. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

Wow I never knew there was a first season but for rewards more will post.

7. Kirsten

The first round was October thru December.

8. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Thanks mi7ch for doing this, i can only say that a Community Manager is really an integral part of the whole Kano company.
    There is a guy who writes code, a guy who draws pictures and the Community Manager is the guy who builds the interface between the gamers and the guys who make decisions for the game.
    Without that interface you can't make a good game imo.

George Burd, mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  9. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

and the game rocks, say what you want but it is growing (im talking about LCN on Kong). Most ppl quit but theres this 1 guy joining each week that gets hooked and stays. With time u just build that huge community that we all want and enjoy.

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

so does this mean the thing wont start till march and there is no reward for the first part of the year then?

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Who cares, this was never around before, and should not be incentive to post your opinions.

Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  12. Sir Opinion Alot

well actually it was a reason to post my thoughts, but as i have seen over the last few months our thoughts really aint no concerned to them, as much as we dont want certain things, they still went against what most wanted. So yeah the incentive was great or why else even try to push your thought's or idea's even tho they dont go nowhere.

Lasinagol likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Exactly, I don't need an incentive, but it did bring some to the forum and increased participation in the forum and like anything else,they will continue to be a part of the community, I have come into contact with alot of nice ,friendly ,pleasant players from all platforms and all the games. So it is a win win.

S E T H and George Burd like this.
  14. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yes.

15. Sir Opinion Alot

you have a good point Kirsten Im just saying i could focus my energy in the game and post alot less now. There have been changes lately I seen no one wanted and against our wishes so in my eyes its more efficient for my time just to play and not worry till March is all I am saying. I will still leave my rant when I feel.

16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I am honestly offended, I have made my fair share of stupid comments as has anyone on here. Jared I do honestly spend a lot of time thinking of ideas, or conversation topics to get people thinking. I am sure Kirsten can tell you, when I first got seriously involved in the forum it was because the new BA rules were "displeasing" to my viking. after I gave in to the fact that my voice did not matter for the changes, I shifted my attentions here to be a more productive member of the game at large. Working hard to garner support for new ideas, and give current kano implementations a chance. I am not a complete walking Kano games Guru but I have been playing at least pirate clan since the parasitic particle beast first reared its head. I have restarted a character on fb, made a new life on kongregate in both vikings and pirate clan, I have had the pleasure of meeting many great people over the years. I have seen my best game friends become enemies, and had enemies become friends, and still on a new server I have become friends again with enemies from my past. I have witnessed countless hacks, cheats, scripts and bots. I have been frozen for leveling too fast, frozen to prove my identity and my wife and sons, so when I say I feel offended it is because you appear to lump all my history ideas and posts into a category of spam, you sir shall not judge me, not here in the forum not out there in a game, and certainly not in my life. I believe in fun gaming, LLL Live Laugh Love if you dont like my posts dont read them

edit in good taste I guess I should call this a ode to pimp, tho I was not active much when he was here I have read many of his posts in the last few months

Chasity likes this.
  17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually George, you also commented it was a game within the forums after noticed trophy's, so don't leave that part out. :p

George Burd likes this.
  18. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I did in good humor, shall I go thru my whole history and tally up stupid comments vs relavent comments for you Jades?

19. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i, for one, would like to see a tally of relavant versus stupid comments

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Bocce

Bocce Member

First...
    ... just practicing ;)