For Dylan

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Susan Patrick, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Hey Dylan,

I've been hearing on 'Strike' that posts on forum are being deleted by a certain mod if he doesn't like what's being said and now I've been told that the owners of these deleted posts can no longer log in to forum ... I said that cant be right .. Mods shouldnt/wouldn't be abusing their power on the 'official Kano forum' ... so could you please look into this for me :)

thanks xxx

2. Stackford

Stackford Member

If this is true - then it's not surprising that the forum's a graveyard. Biased mods are not a great incentive to join a community.

3. Marie Laveau

Marie Laveau New Member

Yeah since when has this become a one man show? Call for new mod!!!

4. Speculation isn't factual. I wouldn't assume that everything you hear on the internet is 100% true right away.

That's not to say that it is false though. Take it up with one of the Admins so they can investigate properly, I'd say.

On the other hand, the forums have been dead for a while, long before these new moderators received their positions.

5. Hey Susan great to see you on here... And thanks to LB for bringing this to my attention.

I'm not sure what's been deleted at all, but I know that the only people with power to Ban accounts or to stop them from logging in is the Developers, we can only maintain the forum (Delete posts, move, close threads etc.).

I can't see any reports of anyone wanting any accounts disabled from the forum either. Who is having trouble logging into the forum, if you can provide me with their forum name, I can look to see if they are banned or not. :)

On the standpoint of deleting posts, we should only delete posts if we see them as negatively impacting the community, such as someone calling someone out, or an accusation of bot use or cheating, or something which could negatively impact the community, and cause problems.

We also have to abide by the forum TOS, so we delete everything that contains a players name or link, or any external link such as a hack or a bot we see, and any general crap and arguments are usually deleted also, we all want the forum to be a place for people to come and have a chat, get help etc.

But... if you think that one of the Mods are abusing their position, then I strongly suggest you email support, I can say that I generally only delete posts that are reported or break the forum TOS, I delete add me threads too, because those thing's are annoying.

Send me an inbox on Facebook/Here or just reply here, I'm usually about all the time. :)

6. U_Like_That1

U_Like_That1 New Member

All my posts on the eiffel laser thread r gone. In the thread is one of my posts copied and pasted. Looks like Im being a azz and deleting them. king is at war with our fam and I was told he deletes ALL TM/swat posts. let alone his syn removing players from boss groups, and all his members trying to get accounts frozen. LMAO they r the saddest syn I have ever come across. I just wanted all to know I didnt delete my posts like a biatch KING did.

Also I had to reset password to get in here. its the same as my LCN one so its VERY weird I can get into my game but NOT in here.

7. I was the one who deleted those posts, not just yours but the other guys, it was an argument I could see getting out of hand, I wasn't taking sides hence why both parties post were deleted by me. I can tell you that I'm not biased I couldn't care who's in what syndicate, who knows who, I play the game how I like it and follow the rules that's all.

Sorry if you thought deleting those posts were wrong, I just saw you both tearing strips off each other and I've been told to delete posts like that so I did. :)

8. U_Like_That1

U_Like_That1 New Member

well that makes no sense to have deleted them it was over with for at least a week and neither of us said another word to each other.
    If it had gone on yes I can see deleting them, but it was over. deleting my posts made me look like I was hiding shit from other posters in there. Dont agree with what u did in the time frame it was done. So why did I have to reset password to get back in here.

9. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

firstly this is a forum for all players to come and ask for help amonst other things
    i havent deleted any of your threads anthony and ive checked the thread in question and they were deleted by another mod
    and the reasons given
    maybe you shouldnt listen to gossip on the game as its usually false info
    the war in lcn has no bearing here as this is a forum for all
    only devs can freeze accounts not mods
    we can only monitor post and threads in accordance with forum rules

10. As I've said I was following the rules and guidelines I was given, I don't make them I just follow them, the reason I stepped in and deleted them is because there was new people posting in that thread, when a person posts in a thread it gets bumped back up to the top, so if people see that they may be put off by it.

As for resetting your password, I really have no idea, it wasn't anything to do with me because I don't have access to features were I can mess with people's account.

Again, I am sorry that you thought I was wrong, but I was only following the rules :)

11. U_Like_That1

U_Like_That1 New Member

NP dylan its no big deal. I was told by others that king deletes all post by TM/SWAT, and with there history of taking things outside the game there was no other person to blame for this being he is a moderator and had the power to do it.

12. No Problem, I'm not sure, Is there a particular thread or post that went walkabout?

13. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

The only thread recently that was closed or deleted was About accusations of another player cheating
    We deleted post in accordance with the forum rules
    Seems many out there just like spreading false info
    The Mods here are all neutral and are here to assist others
    We are players too and have opinons but we mainly want to help other members
    If you have a complaint or any info regarding someone abuseing there power please contact support

14. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.