[VC] February 9th Update - Viking Clan Mobile

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loren, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Loren

Loren Administrator

Viking Clan Mobile has just been released to the Facebook Mobile platform, and of our Viking Clan players should now have access to Viking Clan on their Mobile or Tablet device. Our Mobile platform is not identical to the full featured game, in order to keep things simple we build Mobile around the core game features.

- Do Adventures in any of the available locations
    - Battle Coop and World Bosses
    - Battle vs Other Vikings
    - Shop for Gods Items, Clan Items, and purchase Empire
    - Purchase Favor Points
    - Apply Skill Points
    - View Achievements
    - Change Characters
    - Manage Chieftains and your Inner Circle
    - Arm your Viking
    - Accept and Send Clan Invites
    - View Game Activity
    - Accept Gifts (**new to our mobile platform**)

The mobile platform has been tested on Android an iOs Devices, but if you encounter any issues please let us know. In the process please include your device type, and if you know it what version of the operating system you are using.

For older versions of Android, we are aware that when scrolling the Header and Footer jump around while scrolling. They should properly orient themselves when you stop scrolling. We are trying to work out a fix for this, although we don't have anything in the works at the moment (this issue is caused by the mobile device actually using screen shots to make scrolling appear smooth).

Feedback is appreciated!

2. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

This is much appreciated. Can I also help people with their adventures and challenges through this?

3. Loren

Loren Administrator

We don't have support for Adventure and Challenge helping yet, however this is something we recently discussed. Will try and get something plugged in for you.

A quick note that there are no plans in place for us to support challenges. Some features, like this one, will be limited to our Full Featured Web Version.

4. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

This is a great idea...I have several in my guild whom play from their phones...where exactly do they go to get this app...???

5. Loren

Loren Administrator

If you have the Facebook Mobile app installed on your device, of if you visit m.facebook.com. You should have an application link to Viking Clan now listed with the left hand menu.

You will also now start seeing Viking Clan feed posts listed on your mobile device.

6. LaScepter

Thank you....but i have been told that using that app..they can see everyones gold (not horde)..as well as the Attack/ def stats....MANY things that are normally not viewable to our clan....I hope this is a big oopppsss........LOL...

7. Loren

Loren Administrator

Yes that was indeed a big oopppsss, all cleared up now. Thanks for pointing this out.

8. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

lol. you could also see exactly how much Health each opponent had left :)

9. LaScepter

We are still seeing the stats ..but not the gold any more !............LOL..kinda funny but personal as well...

10. Yesterday all of my stats were available for everyone to see on the mobile app :) Glad it was an error and not the wave of the future! Kicks Axe the PMS Princess

11. Rand Althor

Rand Althor New Member

Any plans for a MySpace mobile app?

12. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I just want to say ... if this is your quality control with respect to your applications so as to reveal the stats of everyone, it says lots. Testing????????? That should have been discovered immediately!!!!! And the application not ready for prime time, not made available.

There is no "game" here to you Kano. Your a joke!

<best imitation of another high level whiner I could make on short notice ... >

13. Loren

Loren Administrator

Apologies for the mistake, was a major oversight on my part. Hopefully I was able to pull the data down quick enough.

14. LaScepter

As of this very minute i have been sent my current personal stats, from a friend using the new app...all that changed yesterday was they couldn't see my gold ...What a huge mess this is..my viking and many other vikings have been violated.....i think the app should be shut down until this issue is fixed...or make everyone's stats viewable !!! :cool:

15. Deb

Deb New Member

A bunch on 12 year olds in a garage doing technical crap! It is understandable if you made an error, but what is unforgivable is your lack of urgency to correct the error immediately or shut the fricken thing down. But once again, KANO is duh......what do we do? You are a JOKE!

16. Loren

Loren Administrator

Bug fix has been posted, the Attack and Defence of your Alliance members is no longer visible.

17. LaScepter

THANK THE GODS !!! yes...!!!!

18. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Whining

Wow rather a hard attack on the Devs there Lawrence. One would think you were obsessed with the game and this is all you have in your life. I know its not a game to you. BTW you are the standard that all higher level whiners are measured against. They told me you cried like a baby when Benj could beat on you. You are the bestest whiner in the game.

The Devs made a mistake. You guys never made a mistake? Have a great night Lawrence. Gonna be up all night playing the game? Easier to steal peoples bosses when they are sleeping

19. Loren

Loren Administrator

Again, everyone I apologize for the bug. KANO/APPS is in no way a bunch of 12 year olds in a garage, we are professional and take our work very seriously. This mistake falls on my shoulders it was my oversight.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

WTF!!! R U KIDDING ME????? HOW CAN U POSSIBLY ACT AS IF THIS IS NO BIG DEAL????? THIS IS A HUGE DEAL!!!! U GUYS R Fn THINGS UP ONE AFTER ANOTHER LATELY...WHAT IS GOING ON??? TALK ABOUT A COMPLETE WASTE OF OUR MONEY.....U CANT EVEN GET YOUR ORIGINAL GAMES STRAIGHTENED OUT AND U R STILL COMING OUT WITH NEW CRAP.

HOW ABOUT FOCUSING ON YOUR EXISTING PROBS B4 U CREATE MORE....I KNOW THE FOLKS OVER IN HZ WOULD LIKE AN UPDATE OR 2....OR EVEN AN ANSWER TO THEIR QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS....I SUPPOSE THE DEMISE OF THAT GAME AND THE FACT U SEEM TO HAVE ABANDONED IT AND ITS PLAYERS WILL SOMEHOW NOT BE YOUR FAULT EITHER

U GUYS MAY HAVE BEEN SOME LIL INDY COMPANY THAT GAVE A HOOT.....BUT THEM DAYS R GONE....GUESS WE SHOULD JUST SHUT OUR MOUTHS , EMPTY OUR POCKETS AND BEND OVER FOR CORP KANO!