Faction Bonus Gamer Points

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Im glad its capped.

2. slave

slave Member

so absolutely no response from kano on world boss bonus gps being capped? not a word....

thanks for helping us out with your logic on this one eric...

you know limiting one of the six things we can get gps on, that is already limited to a max of 6 per day (as if anyone could realistically get six in one day), but taking it a step farther and limiting it to the point that it hardly matters.

i think you should limit level ups to one per day too, why not.....youve limited everything else
    congratulations on making this faction contest worse

3. All this discussion and we're losing sight of what's really important. Can I give you a lovetap slave?

Anyway, uncap GPs and be done with it. It's not that difficult.

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

They wont. Despite how many people have supported it. Their view is that "It would be abused" without giving any examples as to how it could be.

bottom line. Its what the dedicated players want, but its not what we are going to get. So what we have to do is try to help mold this new thing they are doing.

Our efforts seem pointless tho, Kano accepted our idea for world boss GP, but then capped it at 1 hit per player, totally removing the point of putting it there in the first place.

Idk how much more of this sort of thing I can take before i just give up trying to make the competition better, and just let it become whatever its going to be anyway.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. slave

slave Member

calling it a competition is a mistake......

this in no way shape or form resembles anything of a competition......

when 5 of the 6 things to get points from are capped at a ridicolously low amount
    its almost as if they are encouraging alt factions to win.....cuz right now the only thing that seperates playing factions from alt factions are the number of levels someone could gain, and leveling is not the primary focus of many many many many people that play the game....

6. Yeah its not a competition, Its a bunch of horse................

Then again Denton, you should be happy and hope they give you an arena every week, Your faction can win every week.

7. Leveling is still ruling the world, Capped or Not.

Arena screws up the Faction Trophy, Levels have screwed it up, Alts and Cheaters have screwed it up.

Cant get no better than this..

Lets all spend more money and keep Kano happy...

The only good out of getting rid of the Sunday early morning race was you could find players from anytime to do Gamer Points Daily and didnt have to limit who you could get in a faction..

But other than that, Its more screwed up now then ever..

Those taking advantage in the BS Arena are loving it.. Hoards of Levels = Bonus Gamer Points = Their Faction looks Golden..

Im starting to wonder why i've logged in 600+ days in a row to play this game.

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

you dont think the people who are whipping tail in arena are good players?

I see a lot of TF doing well in the arena, and I also see TF doing very well on the faction leaderboard.

I also think that the people doing well in arena are some of the best players in the game.

So what i dont understand, is how arena is screwing up the faction leaderboard.

The posotive I have seen from the new "competition" is that to get in the top ranks, some people got to be working thier tail off to get there. Some quick 10 minutes log ins are allowanced. but you got to have some people digging for glory.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. We were doing well on the Faction board well before this Arena BS came out. That has nothing to do with how Consistent we've been. We've been the Most Consistent faction for over a year. It cannot be denied. 18 Brains, Top 10 or Better for over a year with 4 out of the Top 10 for 62 out of the last 66 weeks. The first two weeks i was building it.

So The Arena hasnt helped our ranking at all, its hurt it. The Leveling bonus has hurt us also.

Too many factions leveling up a bunch of worthless alts.

I dont have much respect for 97 pct of all the factions in ZS, Majority of them cheat, have alts.

Its about time for me to start cutting more out of my squad. A waste of time. I'd rather just fight the world.

Give credit for who? Bunch of Attack Build idiots that dont know anything else?? Respect isnt Given its Earned. Most of these people on ZS dont get respect. It wasnt earned. Cheating doesnt make you a great player.

10. slave

slave Member

i fully understand the only weeks under the current format that we will compete for the "faction contest" are weeks in which there is an arena, because right now too much weight is put on leveling and not enough performing other functions, there is no gps for listing someone, catching someone, fights above 17 (totally ridicolous number), boss helps above what 2 30 stam attacks?
    nothing for tripping booby traps or ambushing opponents, just not enough there to compete with when it comes to levelers.
    and i am a leveler, but not an nrg leveler, i get my 2-3 daily, but ill never get 10 daily like an nrg leveler can.

so any fighting faction is at a complete disadvantage right now

11. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Lol Johnny, if you think people in TF either don't have or are alts themselves then you're sorely mistaken :p

Get your own house in order before moaning about everyone else's :p

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

I have to agree. Having a ton of the old faction brains is a sure sign of alts and password shares.

Easy to say you have no alternate accounts in your faction when your members are hidden.

I really dont understand, You want factions full of alts to not be able to compete on the faction board, but you also want your members to be able to log in for 5 minutes and be on the top, those 2 just dont match.

Its sounds like you want the new faction contest to be called "TF WINS". Get over yourself.

If you want the faction ranking to eliminate alts, you need to be rooting for more game actions, If you want TF to win everytime, You should prolly be asking for it to change back to the old way you could still cheat to the top.

As far as alts still having power in this competition, Its because its incomplete. We need more in this for it to be legit. Th world boss atttacks need to be uncapped, so a players activity in logginging in multiple times a day, or just hanging out and playing for hours on end, is shown.

and then We need something for fighting....

Then we would have a comptete contest. A leveling class for outbreaks and bosses, an activity class for people that work very hard on thier accounts instead of just being a lower level and boosting up 40 levels in an hours play, and 3rd a class for fighting players that dont want to level up.

I have said this before, and ill keep pressing it TOO MUCH GP is awarded for leveling!!!! Its instable the amount one level is worth to the next between one player and the next. Make the numbers smaller, and it will help delude this problem, along with bringing in more classes of actions that will help balance it out.

13. slave

slave Member

they did remove the cap on world boss helps, maybe after a few beers on friday they decided one per day was really unrealistic......

14. slave

slave Member

i stand corrected, i got bonus gps on world bosses all day yesterday, but was capped at 0800 this morning, so i guess they havent uncapped them....lame

dislike

15. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Maybe it's limited to a certain amount PER faction I seem to always get world boss gp, maybe it's cause my faction isn't full?

16. slave

slave Member

whatever it is....its incredibly lame, world boss is already capped at a max of six per day, even though there is not one single person who can get 6 in one day. to lower the cap even lower than six is lame, its only 500 gp per hit, so that would be a max of 2500 per day, you get more than that on one level.....if kano had ANYONE on their staff playing we wouldnt be suffering like this, but apparently they know better even though they dont play and dont understand they havent created any kind of fruitful contest!

all they are interested in is having people level, even though almost all the fighters in my faction try not to level, and im sure my faction isnt the only one that has fighters not interested in leveling. i guess kano also knows that nrg accounts are a dime a dozen, and most of the energy accounts quit playing when they outlevel thier usefullness.....

dislike, dislike, dislike, lame, lame, lame.....

17. slave

slave Member

Your Faction has maxed it's allowable daily World Boss Attack Faction Bonus Gamer Points. Please wait for the next season day start to contribute more points.

I really would like an explanation on this by someone from kano. yesterday i got bonus gps all day, today, only first thing this morning.

how can it be unlimited one day and incredibly limited the next??

dont even tell me you can game the system on world boss hits......every excuse you guys come up with is weaker than the previous ones

we just want a real contest, i dont understand why that is so hard...............

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

19. slave

slave Member

i know you cant be done with changes.....

first off, the world boss hits need to be uncapped. whatever fictititous cap or amount you have set is pathetic and is really no factor in the faction gps at all, since every faction is maxxed out at 8 am, its already limited by how many times a day you can hit, remove the cap and let EVERY hit count and then maybe just maybe some factions that play can have an incredibly small advantage over the others who only have to hit it once to max it out.

and i thought something was coming along with bosses for gps? dont stop now, this contest is not nearly ready
    we want a real contest, and probably wont stop harassing you (kano) till you finally give us something and leveling is not it, leveling would have been a good tie breaker if two factions had perfect gps, and then you use total levels gained as a tiebreaker, but the way you have it now is self serving....

a response to tell us what is coming would be nice....
    and please fix the world boss cap, come on......

20. slave

slave Member

Eric, in most contests it is usually normal to let people know the rules before you start playing

how about telling us the rules for the faction gps.....

Your Faction has maxed it's allowable daily Level-Up Faction Bonus Gamer Points. Please wait for the next season day start to contribute more points.

Your Faction has maxed it's allowable daily World Boss Attack Faction Bonus Gamer Points. Please wait for the next season day start to contribute more points.

what is the "allowable" amount of levels?
    what is the number of boss hits?
    any other hidden caps you have ???

time to come clean on the rules

cuz your making this thing ugly