(Facebook) New Friend Inviter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Smack, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Ray did you write into support about this? I ask cause there was another player with the same problem and was curious if it was you or not.

This is an odd problem I cannot currently duplicate but one that we are looking into. Worst case scenario perhaps we add a link to the old inviter which uses Facebook's own code. The reason we moved away from this is because it did not function properly for players with thousands of Friends.

EDIT: Ray if that was not you who wrote in the other day please send this to support so we can look up your user_id. I have a feeling Facebook errors are causing this and we will be able to look at our logs with your user_id. Please send to: http://www.kanoapps.com/contact-support/

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It appears some Facebook players are having issues with our Friend Inviter. We have determined that these cases are caused by a failed request to Facebook to pull your friends list. In such cases we will now show you an error message with a link to use Facebook's inviter.

[​IMG]

FYI, the reason we do not use Facebook's inviter by default is because it does not perform well for players with thousands of friends.

3. Wazza

Wazza New Member

No it'snot working for me either....not much is on P/c for me at this time

4. Petya Peeva

Petya Peeva New Member

Hacker

Your account has been temporarily suspended.

Suspicious activity has been detected on your Facebook account and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precaution. It is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing. THIS IS THE HACKER

5. Michael Kremer

Michael Kremer New Member

Hi
    my inviter do not work,for weeks now.i select and try to send,but nothing is going on
    I don t get the alternate Inviter

6. Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd New Member

pc is noy loading the whole page for me

7. Meredith Bond

Meredith Bond New Member

I am unable to send out invites to friends, but only for PC. My invite system for VC is working fine. Is there anyway for this to be fixed? I am just lucky that I have friends who invite me, rather than the other way around.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Meredith are you playing on fb.kanogames.com/pirateclan? I have noticed that some browsers are rendering our games with a ton of blank space below the footer. So when you go to send an invite or gift it appears that the request is not there but if you scroll down the page a ways it will be sitting there somewhere in the middle. Not ideal I know but please try scrolling down to see if you can find your request.

I have not encountered this issue playing directly on Facebook but please let us know otherwise.

9. slover15

slover15 New Member

its still not working

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Slover, can you be a little more specific about the issues you're experiencing with the inviter? Also, have you sent a message in to Support about it?

11. sinh kar

sinh kar New Member

12. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Sinh, can you send a message through Support with your account information and any relevant details about the issue so we can take a look for you?

13. Ultramar

Ultramar New Member

I'm unable to invite friends as a captain in PC.
    In the Captains/Invite tab I already hold 13 friends playing PC. When I click the 'Send Invites' button, my screen blinks and that's it. To be clear, no invites are being sent.
    I hope this can be resolved.

Thanks.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@Ultramar You say no invites have been sent but have you confirmed that with the target of your invite? Sounds like you have but I ask because there is an option within Facebooks request to "Don't ask again before sending requests to <player name> from this app". If you have checked that box in the past then the invite would be sent without confirmation.

If this is not the case please send this to Support so we have a record of your user_id and can further look into this.
    http://www.kanoapps.com/support/

Welcome to the forums btw ;)

15. john greene

john greene Member

Whenever i try to send a cheiftain invite all my screen does is flash but doesn't send it???

16. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones New Member

Facebook seem smarter than the new system to send bulk invites. It isn't working for me and most of other users.
    We must try something more functional.

17. cant send more invite

why i cant send more invite to get new clan members?they all already be my facebook members...in other game i can send but in viking clan i cant...

18. vixxxenangel

vixxxenangel New Member

i have done all i can do and it still wont list my friends.....

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ask your friends to send you a game request or just send them a clan request thru the game, you must know their ID link, copy past it into a PC link and send it from the game, that is what I would do.

20. Andrew Fellman

Andrew Fellman New Member

Names not disappearing.

I have names in my invite list that don't go away after I invite them. It's taking up my "select max" feature on the invite list, and I don't know if it's sending multiple invites to people. How do I get the names to leave my invite box?