Experience/Attack Range Broken

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by SkylerF, Jan 10, 2011.

1. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

There is a player (not giving names) that has just attacked me. He is level 1977 with 2000 Chieftains. I am level 1262 with 1412 Chieftains. I KNOW I had not attacked him before as I had just gone through my messages this morning and noticed that a MUCH higher-leveled player had messaged me over 82 days ago. I was cleaning out my inbox and deleted his message because I was only keeping mails from players I could attack (in my range and beatable). Just now I was killed by a single attack from him.
    I can see two possible bug-routes. Either he was somehow put in my "Battle" screen and I attacked him (which didn't happen because I won ALL those fights and cleared the screen) or a player 700 levels above me managed to attack me without an opening attack from me.

I have noticed players at levels FAR too high showing up in my "Battle" menu (one was over level 2000!).

2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I have sent him a message requesting to be added to his clan. I don't know if that will work or not.

3. higher levels will show on your battle screen and sometimes you can pull it off if the high level is all attack no defense.you wont show up on their battle page if your out of range but they show on yours if you wanna challenge yourself.

4. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

But somehow this guy attacked me without any attack from me.

I am correct in assuming that the only way that player could attack me (outside of a bounty) is if I attack him first? And even then, only for a limited time?

5. 24hrs or until he attack kills you.whichever comes first.

6. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This is not a bug

Per the FAQ page:

What levels are considered in my range

The range of levels that you can attack is dependent on the level that you are currently on. You will be allowed to attack +/- a number of levels around you, eg. level 100 can attack between 75 and 125. As you get up into the higher levels the spread of range increases.

You most likely showed up on the Battle list for the other player.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I thought it was a +/-10% of level range. At level 1262, the highest level that can attack me should be 1388, correct? That is a HUGE difference from level 1977.

8. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

That player is 150% of my level. I do not believe the range of attack is as great as +/- 50% of level.

9. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

As you get up into the higher levels the spread of range increases.

Levels 1200 & 1900 really isn't that far of a stretch..

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

(player name) is a higher level and out of your XP range. Any form of attack against this player will open you up for retalliation attacks.

He is NOT in my range. I KNOW I did not attack him (well, I did once after he attacked me).

11. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

A second player, level 1966, just attacked me. A different one, ALSO out of my range.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  12. John

John New Member

Range Broken

Isnt it because the higher levels Guild is at war with yours?

13. that doesnt matter........well lets see

nope that doesnt effect it

14. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Pretty sure my Guild is not at war. The leader is trimming deadweight (players that don't do at least one full set of gamer points a week).
    There is a slight possibility that I could have attacked the first player, but I am absolutely positive that I had NO interaction with the second player. I doubt they are clanmates.

15. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

He is NOT in my range. I KNOW I did not attack him (well, I did once after he attacked me).[/QUOTE]

it seems like what the moderator is saying is that he may not be in your attack range but since he is so many levels above you his attack range is broader therefor you are in his attack range.