[VC] Eldjotunn Raid Boss Feedback/Walkthrough Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

that would also include using alot more energy compared to attacking also
    Num Attacks: 12247
    - Damage Dealt: 54,130,436
    - Num Heals: 8580
    - Total Healing: 2,888,497
    so i would have to heal 16,000 which is how much energy there fellow I heal for all my actions as you see so the ration u are using would screw us on energy cost just look at the numbers

2. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

3. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

There is a comment section within each boss that can serve as a place to drop a link for a chat. The majority of the problems that I am reading could be solved by people being more social...it is a socially driven game...I still think something should be done to encourage healing.

Demonik1 likes this.
  4. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

i disagree! 2 to 1 ratio is a ton to heavy hitters! if you have a good team one hits while one heals! this should be team work thing as was once stated! instead of changing things so much why dont people get good members to join the raids and work as a team?

5. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Completely disagree. Alot of people work in teams. Someone with high energy will get some attacks in and heal for the players that have big stamina. They wanted co-op they get co-op. I for one will refuse to put my usual $200 towards fps just for raids sometimes more if this was to be implemented and I'm sure a lot of other paying players would feel the same. Wouldn't be a smart move on Kano's behalf, they would lose out on cash, no doubt.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  6. I only play LCN raids and I'm sorry but 2/1 ratio of you think u can do that then I'd like to see how many drops u don't get as you wouldnt have enough energy to do that. I think a ratio of between 25-33% at most and if this was to enter into LCN raids you would lose a lot of people.

Sir Opinion Alot and S E T H like this.
  7. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

The 2:1 ratio was just a suggestion. I think a ratio of 85%:15% attack to heal is far more reasonable. I first thought 60:40 but looked more into the stats and got some of my own. However, putting any sort of limit on it will hinder some and boost others.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Mitch is looking for suggestions, nothing has been even remotely decided.

9. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I like the fact that we had Mitch clarify what he meant when he spoke about a ratio, but the concept remains...incomprehensible...normalcy goes from strength to strength. Are we talking a ratio of damage/healing actions, or a ratio of points of damage/healing? If it is the latter, then "normal" players are doing everything from 25:1 to 5:1... at least on Kong/AG.

Of course, scrapping this idea is better than deciding on a ratio - whatever it's based on. Sounds like Kano are able to earn good money on these 20 FPs equivalent rewards. People learn from mistakes, so the current version should be left alone for a bit. It's a legitimate stamina and energy dump which requires a bit of cooperation. It's not a levelling highway unless people chose to invest cash (in which case finding a levelling partner is a better investment).

10. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

My energy might be over 3,000 and my stamina might be over 3,000 also. I don't want to be thought about as being a healer in the Raid Boss. I might do it in GW, but no way with RB. As I attack, I watch the damage I do and if it goes down 10,000 Raid health then I do a heal. I don't think it should be a % of any type and if they make it an amount then that would mean the Raid would never be killed by the Raid Boss. Given us a amount of attacks and healing to do is the best thing they can do. Cents it is hard when you have high level players in your raid. Some of them might be able to kill the RB alone or in a group of 2 or 3. So they do make it harder for others to attack and heal. So upping the amounts could hurt many of us. Also not having everyone do so many healing also would hurt. So I think this is where it should be.

11. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I still think the energy drops do need to go up and the amount of drops. It should be on a person's level and total energy amount.

Lasinagol likes this.
  12. Kirsten

I have heard from people who use leveling partners,that is is easier to level with a raid, cause it is quicker. I really would not know since I don't use a leveling partner.

13. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

why not fix the real issues about the attack jumping to 1 attack all the time

14. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Making the Energy drops be a level based reward, e.g. the more energy you the more will drop, is a great idea. Couldn't that easily unbalance it quickly, though?

The attack slider resetting, is that during heals? Could it be something with your browser? I haven't had this issue, nor has anyone I have been in a Raid with...

15. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

It is faster than having a leveling partner for sure...with leveling you get the base exp per 1 stam which is usually some where between 350 and 500 + exp....plus its very time consuming....hitting the RB at 20 stam its 4000+exp.....in a matter of 5 mins or less you have leveled...so it for sure is faster...

Birkebeiner, Kirsten and Lasinagol like this.
  16. Kirsten

It seems to happen one more than one person is attacking, at least that was my experience, but I have not seen it much in this last VC one, prob cause I am not on many,mostly because my tier fills up fast and the only ones I got on were invites or in a FB group. Forget about getting on a public one, but that is just as well anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    Lasinagol likes this.
  17. haggis

haggis Member

by lack of healers i did actually mean anyone willing to heal- not just people with healing ability, or oodles of energy.

Having to buy energy with FP for negligible XP bites hard.

It seems quite consistent that anywhere between 10 to 30 actions yields a palty 10 to 30 energy drop.

"It would also help if there was more xp for the heals and more energy drops, bring it in line with the attacks and it would solve a world of problems! Robert Belrose, Yesterday at 2:55 PM "

On a different note, i think introducing something that requires you to heal relative to attack would be slightly counterproductive... i have seen more than a few raid bosses go down due to a couple of people dealing severe damage while multiple others are healing. Its great fun!

18. haggis

haggis Member

just did slightly over minimum actions on a fresh RAID:
    2247 actions, split 50/50
    gave me 4 energy drops, all worth under 30

:(

19. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

@haggis, what were the numbers of how much damage versus healing?

20. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Carpal tunnel syndrome and time issues aside - a well matched training partner is the best bang for the buck when it comes to levelling; using the above XP numbers - a training partner is probably worth twice the XP on a per stamina point basis. So, the economics of the boss comes down to its droppings :p - with the current batch of rewards plus the XP, it seems each boss is worth a max of 20FPs (I'm only getting one superior drop per four - that's a 1:3 ratio, since we're into ratios all of a sudden).