[VC] Duplicate Abbreviations for Guilds

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lily Hjordis, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Lily Hjordis

Lily Hjordis New Member

Hey all you wonderful Kano folks,

Thanks for a really fun game.

I think you should stop allowing duplicate abbreviations for guilds. It is bad enough when they have the same name, but when they have the same name and abbreviation it gets really confusing. Unless you are intending to create confusion, I think you should stop allowing duplicate guild names and abbreviations. Players can't duplicate names and guilds shouldn't be able to either. The guild that had the name and abbreviation first should get to keep it and any that copied later should have to change. The way it is now, one guild can use another guild's name and their behavior reflects back on the original guild. This is fine if they behave in substantially the same way as the original guild, but allows another guild to blacken the reputation of the original guild which seems wrong to me.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

2. I am on the fence about this one, hence a 5 star rating.

The reason for the 5 star rating is this: multiple units of the same faction/syndicate/guild. The only solution would be that only the original group could make a second group with the same name (or the group size could be increased, but that's another thread). Some groups have 4 letter titles and it would be difficult to create a group 2 of that without sacrificing a letter. There are pros and cons to this.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

fully agree...10 stars!

4. Maler

Maler Member

same here. 10 stars.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1 star from me.Sorry,but I don't see anything wrong with factions having the same name and/or abbreviations.It's very very easy to tell which faction is which.Just look how long ago the faction was created.And if it's alliance/enemy issues,just by looking at the players in the faction should determine if they're alliance/enemy or not.You'll also have complaints if this goes through,because some players create a new faction with the same name/abbreviation when more players want to join the faction,but it's full.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. Lil Jonny

Lil Jonny Member

I give this 10 stars.

People Looking from the outside in won't know no wiser.

People Looking from the outside in won't know no wiser and will still reflect badly on the orignal gang.

If your gang is called "Lil Gang" for example.. what's the issue in having "Lil Gang 2" "Lil Gang 3" and same for the abbreviations.

You don't get hated for posting controversial suggestions but you do get hated for posting stupid stuff.

Also, anyone think 25gf for a GANG name change is a bit high? It only costs 2.5bill to create a new gang, it should be freeeee.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. I'm not really sure if it matters that much, it certainly doesn't matter to me, in fact if you are at war with someone they are making it very obvious who they are, so they are shooting themselves in their own foot.

It's not hard to have a little look on the guild page to see which guild is which, and they are all in the same guild, so what does it matter?

I can see people abusing it and creating fake guilds just to mess with people, but you can usually tell who those are too, I've awarded it 5 stars anyway ;)

8. Lily Hjordis

Lily Hjordis New Member

Duplicate guilds can falsely show as Guild Alliance on Battle List

It DOES matter. My guild [N1] is allied with [RVV] (the main RVV that everyone knows and loves to hate). A second guild named themselves Royal Vikings of Valhalla and uses the abbreviation [RVV]. Guess what? The computer doesn't know the difference - at least in the battle list - and they show up as Guild Alliance. They (the second RVV) are VERY aware that they are NOT our allies - we had no clue - until we started getting attacked and bountied by apparent allies. Guild members change all the time, no one should be expected to remember every individual's name in an allied guild. Kano saw fit to add the bright green Guild Alliance to the battle screen (and I thank them for it), but it is a complete waste if another guild can disguise itself and take advantage. Unless this was Kano's plan (and it doesn't really seem like folks who provide a 30 day protection for new players would do this), I think they need to fix it either by disallowing duplicates or with a computer fix so that the battle list shows correctly. There is no need to allow duplicate names: SoA, SoA2, SoA3, SoA4, WAR, WAR2, etc. These people have already figured it out.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Then this should be under the "support" section as well.This sounds like a bug in the system.