don't understand the point of unlocking in coop boss battles?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sln88, May 11, 2010.

1. sln88

sln88 Member

nothing seems to happen when they are unlocked, so why bother??? its a hassle to ask for help and then have to hope some jag does not come along and kill your unlock

I am thinking I will get more if i just kill it myself?

2. AyrlieofRemora

AyrlieofRemora New Member

achievements, special loot, and gold pieces

more health you got, more damage you do to it. more damage you do to it with a power attack, more XP you get.

3. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

of course you get more if you kill it yourself. However, right now I'm at the point where killing a single boss takes so much time, by the time I'm done at least 1 or 2 others have respawned again. So in the long run, asking others for help kills bosses faster. And more bosskills: higher chance of a favor point dropping, as well as exp.

4. sln88

sln88 Member

really? when I post for help, no one shows up. I have 14 hrs left on mine and only one is helping so far.

But, it always say "need more chieftains to unlock power thingy". what is that? what does it do? I think I did unlock it once and did not notice any difference

5. because as of yet there is no difference

6. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

So I've noticed that you get different drops depending on how many unlocks you have. The More unlocks, the better the drops. Also each unlock offers more damage and stuff to the boss when you fight using power attacks (the 5 stamina option).

On a side not, there really needs to be some place visible to all who come and help where you can leave instructions for everyone to read about whether you want your boss killed and just don't have enough stamina to do it, or whether you just need people attacking so the power attacks can be unlocked.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Definitely don't have this issue. I have 955 stamina at the moment and can go thru all my bosses on my own if I need/want to. It takes under a minutes to finish off a boss for me...dunno how you're attacking them...?

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  8. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

well no sh*t you kill them in a minute with 955 stamina. I only have 220 stamina. But I really ought to spend more on HP, I deal a pitiful 700-1000dmg against that minotaur boss now with a regular attack.

9. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

When i can actually play again (*cough cough* devs?) I'll have to check and see how much damage I can do on a single attack...I have 11000 health so I know that helps.

10. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

So I experimented and I'm doing up to 5000 damage on a single attack...is that good?

Or does it depend on who I'm attacking? That 4000 damage was on the Minotaur.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member

I see no point in power attacks. Since a power attacks 5 stamina, I do more damage combined with 5 regular attacks :|

12. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Ah, but you don't get as much experience with single attacks.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member

Oh I never noticed that, I defeated 4 bosses yesterday by myself and I only went up 1/4 of the level

14. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Yeah, I get about 15-25 xp with a single attack, but ~125 xp with a power attack. I usually go up 3 levels after all my bosses are done. Does really blow thru stamina tho.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member

This is one disadvantage of being a high level, you cannot level off the bosses :(

16. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

How high are you? Over 1300?

17. Eddie

Eddie Member

I am level 2237 lol

18. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

lol! and you have only 225 stamina?! wow! Leveling must be a pain in the rear end when you're that high...anybody on myspace reach 3000 yet?

19. Eddie

Eddie Member

lol that is MichelRPG who has that much stam... I got over 1000 stamina... The highest level on myspace is 2501.. what about facebook?

20. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

1. Mike Ketil Thorsteinsson 3,109
    2. Deb Nike of Somaltrace 2,938
    3. deathhead 2,913
    4. CyanBlodbane 2,840
    5. Red Sonja 2,707