[Other] Disabled accounts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deltan, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Should disabled accounts be marked as such so that players can see when another is frozen? Please rate and discuss, it's an idea we're tossing around.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

No because thats when the rumors of cheaters and other issues arise. You could be frozen just because of the games features you have in it for clicking to much. Been there done that got frozen for clicking to fast on the bounty boards in pirate clan trying to catch bounties. So i rated this a 1 star.

3. Gamer4Life 2012

Gamer4Life 2012 New Member

They shouldn't... Just my thought.

I just posted a post related to that... I need for you to read it please? Its really important. A message to KANO.

4. Jon Ward

Who you guys decide to freeze and for what reasons should remain with the staff of kano and facebook if they violated the terms of your games. Not with players who have nothing to do with it. Sorry but i hit enter on my comment before i was finished with my first one.

5. I kind'a like the idea myself.
    Maybe you could make them regenerate health 3 or 4 times faster which would help the rest of our fightlists
    or​
    if they are permanently banned and over level 500 make them a permanent undead slayer

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Yes. This is a feature I have wanted for a very long time.

Maybe to ease peoples concerns you could do it for permanent bannings only, where you know there's been no mistake.

I have to say i am happy but surprised to see this being brought up by Kano. They have always taken the "If we don't acknowledge, it's not happening" approach, when people try to talk about cheating on the forum.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like this idea because I think the cheats totally deserve it... but I think it needs some work. I love the idea that players could see a player has been frozen and then make an educated decision on whether they want to be clan with someone. I also think they should see why a player was frozen (bot use, alt, language etc etc) and also how many times a player has been frozen.

But with that said......

With all the illegitimate freezings that happen due to flawed software and or the lack of indisputable proof....I just see a lot of obvious problems arising from something like this. Maybe it should only be permanently banned accounts or perhaps some should be listed as under investigation.

Maybe just have another tab with the leader boards tabs that list frozen players and the number and length of each full length suspension served(after a player has served a full suspension of 1,3 7 or permanent) and the reason for each. Or perhaps a sticky thread here in the Forums that members cant post on

If a players account was labeled as frozen but then was found to be innocent or that it couldnt be proven...I would also hope Kano would make equal effort to let players know that the player in question was frozen on accident. I remember when I was frozen for 4 minutes a long time ago due to a Kano glitch when they were pushing an update of some sort....one of my rivals caught wind of it and posted it in every feed and on youtube. Fortunately in my case Kano posted here in the forums that it was indeed an accident ...Im still grateful for that!

I know a number of very notable players that love to shout unfounded accusations that have been frozen numerous times....I would love to see them eat a fist full of crow.

I will wait to vote on this thread until I hear a bit more detail of what this idea entails.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  8. In my experience with VC and PC, jealous, petty players LOVE to accuse the object of their envy of cheating in the public feeds far too often as it is. If you were to publish such a list, while I would be curious to see it, I think it would just add to the accusations already flying about. I feel a list of permanently frozen players would be justified, but NOT one of players being investigated. I've never been frozen, but I can just imagine what my enemies would say if I ever were to be frozen, whether justified or not, they would have a hay day!

Now, about that. Kano PLEASE consider some type of punishment for players who accuse other players of cheating in the public feeds. At that point, it's one person's word against another's, but there will always be a stigma attached to the one accused, justified or not. And not all of the accused's clan gets that someone isn't guilty just because some jerk says they are.

9. alka

alka Banned

Are you going to mark the account with an apology when you get it wrong and compensate them for any distress caused?.
    Bad idea!!

I would like to see a zero rating as this type of idea is not worthy of a 1

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes for the permanently banned accounts, no for the temporary, even if now they disappear from the leader boards, which is already some kind of mark.

11. Would be on board with this if it weren't for the recent "accidental" Freezes. You could never make up for listing someone as frozen that was frozen by accident no matter how much anyone apologizes. The already staggering amount of cheating accusations already have a negative impact on the game. I'm not real sure what Kano's thought process on this but if you want to show that you are indeed punishing folks then I see where you are coming from but there's too much at stake if someone were to be falsely accused.

12. Deltan

Deltan Member

We agree, but we do get a significant amount of feedback from people who DEMAND to know how their report of a cheater was handled and won't let it go. We do look at every single case that is reported, but we don't broadcast what our resolution was. We thought this might be more transparent.

13. polishpimp

If a player has been PROVEN to have cheated...then i totally 100% disagree that it has nothing to do with the other players...If im playing against a cheater than I damn well want to know about it if its been proven. I want to be able to declan them and beat the stuffing out of them until they wished Kano would have banned em for good. To many loyal, honest hard working and paying customers play these games to not let us know whos been F****** us.

14. Jon Ward

I still say no Deltan. Even though you guys are trying to please the ones who want to know how there report was handled it's still a bad idea. You burn one player on this and if it's one who has been called a cheater by so many he gets frozen he will literally be labeled as a cheater from now on. Even if you clear them and let them play again. You clearly stated when someone reports it would be looked into and if there is an issue it would be taken care of but they would not know the outcome of the issue. Its basically letting the individuals who cannot win or get bullied or think they get bullied control the outcome of the game. If i hit someone a 1000 times in a day is that me being a bully possibly to them. But do they realize my fight list may only have 8 to 10 people on at a time and out of those 8 to 10 people i may only be able to beat 3 of them easily. But if someone want's to report me for bullying and then even more harassing them to there belief and i get frozen it just shows them they were right. This is why almost all games do it two ways. One they report you to the game and the developers look into it and if there is cause they will either ban that player freeze them for a certain amount of time. Or remove them all together. The 2nd option is report them to facebook and let facebook also decide if they broke there terms of service of using there site. Like someone else put to the point. If you freeze someone and then decide that it was wrong in doing so. Are you going to formally apologize in public to that person. Are you going to accomodate that person for being frozen and now they have to deal with the outcome permantely of being defined as some sort of cheat. No you probably won't do that. And if you did do it then you will realize that you just lost all credibility with players saying we either made a mistake or didn't make a mistake. While it's your game and you developed it and the choice is always going to be your call you will burn to many in the long run with this. This is my humble opinion and not trying to bash any player who is being harrased not trying to deny there are cheaters and non cheaters in games. And not trying to bash Kano or the development team who work hard to bring us new features in games. This is a bad feature. Leave it between you and the players who reported and are being accused and facebook.

15. Jon Ward

And at Polishpimp. If you want the developers to let you know personally that the issue with a player you reported may or may not be right then yes that is between you the player that was accused and the kano staff. I can agree with that aspect 100 percent to know the outcome if you choose. But the issue i have is just throwing it out there for everyone.

16. polishpimp

In all the time ive played....Ive probably reported far fewer than most. Its not about me at all. I simply think that if it has been proven that a player has cheated they should be hung out to dry and publicly scorned. Dont take me wrong here....I think the burden of proof is extremely high...just as it should be. They way i see it...that list of proven cheats would be very short...as its nearly impossible to prove anyone is cheating.

Honestly...I think Kano just threw this idea out there just to give the impression of an effort at transparency. I dont think they had any intention of labeling someones account as frozen. They knew players wouldnt go for it. That is a very touchy subject that could possibly have legal ramifications. If they want to show transparency as Deltan has said repeatedly now....there are many other areas they could do this ....such as answering the "BOUNTY DELAY" questions. Yet they continue to ignore that thread altogether

17. l3gion

l3gion New Member

hy Deltan ..... if someone battles with another viking and they can atack eachother 5000 times why do you frooze those vikings??? for clicking too much????it's a battle game .... first improuve your ways to find a viking who cheats then come with the ideea of show them to all the vikings....sounds to me this will be like the inquizition ....you will start a which hunt....you have alot of problems in the game ...resolve them first ....
    If i want to hurt another viking and i say he is cheating..that is just my point of view....and what do u do??u froze him just because i said so??u must first detect that what i say about that viking is true or not, not froze him quicly ....and pls resolve first the accidental frozen on players that make alot of levels or stay in bounty alot , then u can think about how vikings will be informed when a person has cheated the game....it's just my opinion , but i know allot of players who play viking clan , from facebook, who got frozen just because they are too passioned about the game and clicked alot in battle or bounty....

18. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I can see that it could be an issue.......but I like the idea of marking the permanently banned ones.....could be fun to kill.