[Other] Developer play time.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

at burger king your job isnt to eat fries either.

Its really not all that strange for a business to have a quality control policy. If they played, they would not be so so out of touch with the players.

And wouldnt it just be great, for them to start receiving support mail about how they are bullies, when they are just playing the game and trying to maintain a rivals list, or find themselves being accused of cheating.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

mystery shoppers....................

3. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

Wrong. Everybody is human and everybody looks to further their own needs. Starts small, grows big. Human Nature to push boundries and see what can be gotten away with.

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

So you're going to go ahead and say every single person on the earth is selfish and won't think of others at all. I don't think I have to describe how stupid you are.

5. slave

slave Member

i got to chime in....

adam get a clue
    gamers want to game

they dont want stagnation
    what we have right now is stagnation in the worst way
    if this continues to go in the direction its going, this game is in the hopper inside of six months....

if something doesnt change, why would we keep playing?
    do you really truly think spamming the hitlist tab is playing? seriously? cuz that is all there is to do 99 percent of the time

and whoever else suggested a more interactive forum....dude we give them ideas, really really good playable ideas
    and know what we get?

elite boss crafting loot that is obsolete (and im pretty sure we didnt suggest it)

the boss crafting content is a perfect example of developers not in touch with what the gamers want
    the crafting contingent in this game cant be more than 5 percent of the population, most people i know have never crafted an item because it is overpriced and obsolete before you make the item.
    the latest boss crafting elite items are a perfect example - 134/124 for a weapon, sounds good until you read the small print that you have to be level 2535 to craft it (29 players in the game are at that level) and if im not mistaken, because of the influx of calendars and loyalty items and a few purchases, this item will never be equipped on any of their fights because it is too low

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

idk what game youre playing but youre horribly mistaken...crafting is what has made me stronger than most players in the game in vc and there are only a few with a better weapon/warrior setup than me due to the blacksmith and my own diligence

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

He's making a point solely about ZS

8. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

Everybody is selfish yes. EVERYBODY. doesn't mean they won't think of others. just means they get put first. Unless of course you have a St Theresa hanging about to do it?
    Now your ignorance of Human Nature calls me stupid? You're not too bright are you?

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You're trying to tell me that out of 7 billion people not a single one is selfless enough to actually do good for the game? My local fire department is all VOLUNTEERS. They risk their life running into burning houses to save lives for FREE. Go ahead and call them selfish. How about the people who work a ton of hours a week and then use their spare time to volunteer at a soup kitchen. Maybe even the people who just have a bit of extra money lying around, and they donate it to charity instead of buying a huge boat or a fancy car. I don't know what your experience with people is, but maybe you should go out and find some good ones. Not everybody is an asshole.

10. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?9437-Come-back-to-life-at-1-10-of-health
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?9440-Crafting-quot-Tweak-quot
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?9017-quot-Throw-a-Fight-quot

Right there are 3 forum ideas I've submitted that i wouldn't even get to use.
    1.) I'm at a level with almost 0 inactives. If there are 1 or 2 I haven't seen them, and they would take days to regenerate.
    2.) Proto Knife (Level 4)
    259 Attack
    109 Defense
    Owned: 29

Out of a 29 available weapons I'm able to use. That's just an example of how I prefer the UN power weapons, and probably wouldn't even get to see a crafting item hit my inventory, but would be helpful to those with less UN than me.
    3.) Throw a fight is meant to give anybody with too much defense the option to toggle their defense values between whatever they have, and "1". For higher levels with no fight list this could really help them gain a rivals list. Once again, I can't use this idea seeing as I have only "1" defense myself.

So I've submitted idea that would benefit everyone, I've submitted ideas that would benefit fighting players, I've submitted the only idea I could imagine would benefit the energy bunnies(http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?8998-Limited-Time-Cities!), I was thinking about submitting something to help boss killers, but it seems like everyone and their mother has already submitted the same thing I was going to, and I even submitted multiple ideas that I wouldn't even be able to use.
    So maybe you're right, everybody in this game is selfish and puts themselves first allllllll the time(extreme sarcasm highlighted in red)

11. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

Don't worry, I'll be banned before the hour is out. You won't be seeing it from me again :))))

12. Demonik1

my bad, didnt know that...thanks bacondude

13. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Back to the plot. I think the devs playing their own games should be assumed to be happening but maybe/probably is not happening. In my job you have to do studying and pass exams before you are allowed to take on a certain authority or oversight of others or sell certain products. We, as do a lot of others, suffer from the desk jockeys at head office telling those of us who do the job how to do it and making the rules too but they have never actually done the job. Then we get stupid rules, documents and decisions about things. Similarly if the devs don't play the games they don't have a valid voice or an understanding of things when it comes to saying how the games should go. I think it is pretty essential for them to be active players to understand the needs of the players. I vote a 10 for this.

14. Demonik1

what REALLY needs to happen is to put me in charge of the devs...i'd have all this crap straightened out in a month or less

15. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

i wish the devs would play the games properley, it would give them a better insight to what really goes on in the game, just jumping in and out of the game they dont get a proper feel of what really goes on...

ps, for a full refund on all the gf's ive spent id do it for free.....