[Other] Developer play time.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Feb 3, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I think that we should have at least 1 developer playing 1 game for at least 1 hour EVERYDAY. Handpick 4 developers(one for each game) and tell them to play for at least 1 hour every day. They must participate in PvP, they must not use modded strength, stats, cash, ect., and they must participate in arena. Assign the developer to whichever platform has the most active users. ZS for example would probably be facebook(not sure about the activity on kong)

If the developers are not willing to do this then I recommend taking 6 active volunteers from each game(2 per platform), and give them a say in everything that gets implemented into these games.

From being on these forums it really seems as if the developers are out of touch with the players, and definitely don't understand how these games work. I would be very happy to volunteer myself to help this game go into the right direction and make it more fun for everyone playing.

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

It gets a 10 from me. Although I dont think it will do any good, as a volunteer "expert level player" guru. They didnt really care what I thought what would be good for the game overall.

Things must be looking very good from behind the curtain.

3. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

10/10 I find it appalling that the devs don't play their own games

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I do agree with should have dedicated DEV'S to each game, for even the short period of 1 hr a day. But I really don't think that only the volunteers of "6 active volunteers from each game(2 per platform)" should have any more say what get's implemented into each game based on a community vote. This is what all of us doing by posting on the DB as a community. "We all" are volunteers here that post ideas, feedback, etc. on numerous subjects which is how it should be. Some ideas that do get implemented none of "US AS A COMMUNITY" have never heard of or even asked if good idea, but in the end I guess it's not really our decision. New players will come and go , along with dedicated players as many have. Guess if DEV'S would say here's a good idea, that none of us have heard of before, and asked before implementing it in a week before getting massive feedback on idea could help out.

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Not true. Right now we're making suggestions. I'm talking about literally knowing whats going on, getting a vote in what gets put in first, what gets put in, what gets thrown out. 2 people from every platform having the same authority as a developer on the game issues, and deciding what gets priority. These volunteers would be kept in the loops about everything and updated at least once a week on what's going on.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think game volunteers should have any game info of possible features being added, before the rest of us know, that would make in unfair for the rest of the players. I can understand your idea, but how many of us know the mechanics of software that goes into making games,and sure some player can say oh that is an easy feature to implement, when in fact it may not be, or may not be the vision of the dev's who design the games.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

It's not about easy, it's about it being worthwhile. I'd rather them stop with the new items every week, stop with the calendars every month, and start working on something worthwhile even if it takes some time. I have no problem being patient as long as being patient pays off, but when kano wastes their time with calendars and items instead of actual playable content that gets recommended it doesn't seem like patience pays off.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I did not mention anything about easy, I am not a software person, nor are the games my vision , that was just my opinion., I can be wrong about my opinion, So I leave that to the developers . good luck with your idea. but my vote , ehhhh

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I actually agree and have stated on numerous occasions that I would be more than happy to cut back on all the "fluff" items like calendars and what not if it meant new content going forward. Calendars are ok and all....but they are pretty much just a wash as everyone gets the same thing as it pertains to their level and income.....nothing too challenging or to strive for with them. At the very least it would be nice if players of all level had content to lokk forward to unlocking rather than being stuck in worlds behind them.

10. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Actually you did say something about easy.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ughh whatever, like I said good luck with all your ideas, :p

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

great idea but i doubt itll happen...if you worked at burgerking for 5 years are you gonna eat a burger everyday at least once a day? hell no xD

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

That really only works with food...

If you worked a Clothing store, Would you buy their clothes? Yes, unless the product was unsatisfactory.

If you worked at best buy, Would you watch TV? Yes.

If you sold Matresses for a living, Would you OWN and sleep on the mattress that you most tried to sell 365 nights a year. Most likley. unless the product wasnt satisfactory.

Its food is not really a fair comparison.

edit: almost forgot the best one....

If you where a bartender. Would you drink???

14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If I worked at Denny's I would eat bacon everyday at least once a day...

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

lol I worked at this steakhouse for a while. Never got tired of the yeast rolls!

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Don't tell God , but Bacon is fried fat :p

17. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

Having 2 volunteers from each game & each platform is a bad idea. They get to further their own cause there. I don't know about other games but having volunteers from FB VC would be detrimental to every game across the board. Doesn't really matter who those volunteers are. I would bet that at least 1 more game would be the same situation.
    So then how do you choose which volunteers to accept? And the rejected feel hard done by, no cause to not accept etc.
    It's a big ol' can of worms that can't be opened.
    I would however prefer a better way to pitch our ideas to them and see what the Dev's actually think on each idea. A more interactive forum maybe?? I don't know.

Good post though

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Because there are some people who aren't greedy and actually know what the game needs. We could go about picking people by choosing ones with general knowledge of the game, and possibly by interactions on the forums.

19. Demonik1

you cant use bacon as a comparison, thats just unfair due to its godly flavor and aroma xDD

20. Demonik1

if you worked at a clothing store, your job isnt to wear clothes, best buy...your job isnt watching tv, matress store...im guessing your job isnt sleeping on the matresses and even the best one, your job isnt to drink....i wasnt being literal haha just using a comparative tool that people could relate to