Deleting this couldn't *possibly* be a show of favoritism, could it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Blood Eagle, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From Craig Day:

--------------------------------------------------------

Would whoever deleted this please let us know what exactly is wrong with this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

If your having issues with players and wanting to post there names this is not the place for it. Send your issues with guilds or verbal abuse by them to support. But otherwise your postings will be deleted every time you post a players name we are not going to go through this issue again from months ago when your two guilds were having issues the last time send it to support they know the issues of the previous ones..

For now i am leaving my comment so if you create another thread on it the moderators and developers will see this. And if you do keep bringing threads back or postings of this nature you can have a temporary block put on your forum account. Sorry not trying to be mean about it and if you feel like i am showing favortisim to the other person for deleting i have no clue who they are either and further more nor do i play viking clan so i am a neutral party.

3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

We did not use names

Only the name of a Guild. Is that against policy too. A similiar post was made a few weeks ago and that was allowed to stay. But, that was made by the Guild that posted an insult in their motto this time. So what I can draw from this is that one Guild can continue to post insults in their motto and when its brought to light the thread gets deleted.

Every time favortism is brought up people go out of their way to prove it.

BTW where is KANO? Have not seen anything from them in 2 weeks. Not even their TGIF release.

4. Jon Ward

Sorry Craig if i was around that day it would have been removed also. I understand your having issues with this particular guild. And the reasoning of the post was explained why it was deleted. If your having issues again please contact support on the issue. As was said in the previous thread months ago. I am assuming its the same one that was throwing down racial slurs and other things. If so wonderbread asked you guys to contact kano support instead of bringing the issues to the forums again. But if i am around to see this happen again and i do see there postings it will be removed also. Like i said neutral party here even if i did play viking clan which i don't it would still be removed. Sorry but that is your only solution with this issue is support.

5. Jon Ward

And the tgif's posts are there craig they were posted last night. They are always around but the moderators are the ones who bring the issues of the forums to them during the weekends more so. But i have sent them a message as of last night on your first posting that this issue is back again and to have them talk to your guilds again to help resolve the issue.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the TGIF's are always posted on Friday nites, for me it can be around 7 to 9 PM EST depending on what Dan has on his plate, and Jon is correct one of our roles is to try to keep peace in the forum and posting a guild name is something I believe that is not something, we should post ,if you see something you can message one of us, I know Jon and I have ""Real"" jobs, lol and are not always around and may be playing our own games, so may miss something so let us know and we can take a look, and either edit something or call the Dev's attention to a particular thread.

PS the Dev's are rarely around on the weekend, so sometimes they will not get back to you right away :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I am not getting em

For some reason I am not getting the news posts. In fact my News Feed is empty. Nothing in there. Maybe a bug somewhere.

BTW guys that post was meant to be humorous. They did use a motto that could be insulting, but I could care less. It was sarcasm on another post where another player had a tantrum and was said he was retiring etc. 95% of the posts I make are tongue in cheek and if they are'nt you will know trust me. Perhaps we should all develop a sense of humor. The behavior of some are beyond the pale and they make themselves open to shots.

8. Did you seriously just threaten to put a block on my forum account for asking you a question?

It's my understanding that the forum is a place to ask questions. Correct?

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The mods do not have the power to ban forum accounts, that is Kano's decision, and yes it is the place to ask questions, game questions, game info,reporting bug, glitches , things missing from or in the game, which would go in the support section of the forum or directly sent to support, not for personal or rival vendetta's . :)

10. Jon Ward

Blood Eagle what i exactly said was if you continued to post that information i removed that craig originally posted yes i would get a developer to put a temporary block on your acct until they could resolve the issue your having. Last time this issue came about it looked like a bunch of little kids fighting in a candy store for the last piece of candy he said she said. We kept having to delete postings left and what i was referring to was i was not going to allow it to get that far out of hand again. Can i specifically get your acct deleted no i can't can a developer be contacted and hopefully come by for them to do it for me until they can resolve the issue on a monday yes they can. If it looked like i was saying i would do it myself sorry it was almost 4 am in the morning when i responded to craig myself and it was meant to say i would contact a developer/

11. Ok. Just so I have this straight....

Someone makes a somewhat sarcastic post pointing out a guild motto while using the guild tags to identify the offending guild, you take it upon yourself to delete the post, and when I repost it (to give a point of reference) and ask why it was deleted you IMMEDIATELY play the "I'll go contact one of the dev's and get you frozen if you don't act right" card.

I don't have a problem with you deleting the post (now that you've explained) as I just wanted to know your reasoning behind it. Had you chosen to explain what was so wrong with it in the first place, I would not have asked the question -- even if I don't happen to agree on whether or not it constitutes some sort of violation.

What I *do* have a problem with is you threatening to flex your faux-muscles with me for asking a question in the first place. What happened to Kano wanting to make the community feel welcomed? LOL!

It's not a matter of WHO suspends me, it's a matter of the why. Feel free to suspend me. I can't stop you if that's what you want to do. I'm not one of the chosen few.

12. Jon Ward

Okay blood eagle it was explained in the deletion of the thread for the first person who had originally posted the thread. I understand you may or may not have been able to see it not sure since i cannot see that myself and you wanted an answer specifically which craig got himself from the first deletion. I never delete a thread without putting a reasoning into the comment box. Secondly you should realize the heading of the thread right there is going to catch every moderators eye and developer if they are on and its going to get deleted that in itself is a big red bullseye saying hey come look at this thread. No moderator or developer wants to see any member get banned but we also do not want players to come on the forums and constantly have to see issues between two guilds who seem to have a permanent issue with one another on he said she said. Please follow what the developers have asked you to do the first time and next time do not bring this issue into the forum again. And as far as the other group goes its the same with them also if they are posting in the forum and i know i am on there posting will be deleted for the exact same reasoning. No moderator is going to give an inch to one person and not do the same to the other. We have to be neutral in everything and that includes friends we know outside of the forum who come here and post also. And they know this and if we lose friends over it i am not going to lose any sleep over it. I volunteered to help in this position that is all so everyone is on equal footing once they hit that login button.

13. Thanks for answering the question, Jon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.