[VC] DEFENSE IN VIKING CLAN BATTLE ARENA

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Allen Sumaran, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I have a proposal for a change in the defense mode in the Viking Clan battle arena. While I completely understand that defense mode is a very useful tool in the arena, it can be a bit frustrating to some, especially in the later stages of sudden death. I would like to propose that the defense mode be disabled for ALL Players as soon as the final stages (bonus) rounds begin. This way, it would prevent the arena from lasting several hours after the real fighting has ended. I feel that this change would lead to a much more satisfying arena experience for everyone. Thank you for listening!

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  2. Americabdazz

Americabdazz New Member

I have said this from the start of the new battle arena they need to do away with Defense mode in sudden death all together.. Its a fight to see who gets more points not who can sit in defense mode the whole time and pro long the battle arena

Allen Sumaran likes this.
  3. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

actually D Mode since you score no points in it, is awful, it's called Battle Arena, not Hide In Your Shell Like A Turtle Arena :( nothing is worse than going back in Battle Arena and every player is in D Mode

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I think this idea has merit, just needs a little tweaking. Leave dmode the way it is for the beginning but when sudden death starts, give everyone a certain number of defensive points, tokens, whatever and they last for 30 mins each or until you leave dmode on your own. This way the people that just relish in making everyone wait for hours on end for no reason other than because they can will have to battle it out or sit and be killed. Seriously, it's called SUDDEN DEATH, not sudden shield.
    Edit: I believe this should be moved to the idea section mitch, don't you? ;)

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  5. D O C

D O C New Member

The Battle Arena could use some tweaking. Sudden Death needs to be a fight to finish. When the Battle Arena is down to 10 to 20 players everyone should be forced out of defense mode and fight it out to the end.

6. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Capital idea Alsie. Ideas like this one will help get more people playing the arena and will reinvigorate the game.

7. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Only problem I see is some of us play in 2 or 3 B A's at the same time, Kong,Armor,Kanoplay2, Face book, as it is I start my kanoplay2 acct in D mode & Fight in Kong B A first because it takes no time to be over, if D mode becomes null & void? Guess ill play in only one B A. Unless Kano has B A on different servers on different days for each B A...

Snowtiger likes this.
  8. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

L - what I'm suggesting is that D Mode be unavailable during the Final Stages of the Battle Arena. That shouldn't be alot of time for that to be unavailable, but of course a player would need to direct their entire attention to the arena that is in the final stages, most likely either during sudden death or soon thereafter.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well, this idea would also ruin it for some players from different time zones that are unable to play due to sleep, work, etc. Pass here on this concept.
    Not all do it to prolong or annoy, sometimes it's just don't have the time at the moment and unable to play.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Snowtiger likes this.
  10. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

You brought up a good point. I also play in two battle arena's at the same time. I normally put myself in def mode on one server while I fight til the death in another server. This last arena, after dying on FB server, I went to kanoplay 2 and there were only 12 players left. I managed to wrack up some points during those final stages after taking myself out of def mode. I do not go into def mode to prolong the arena, I do it because it is the only way to manage a decent ranking in both arenas. I do understand the frustration of having to wait hours for the final results, but it is not really a big deal to me. Typically it is only 2 to 4 players that keep the arena going overnight. Perhaps if this idea has merit, def mode should be eliminated when down to 5 players.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can see the different viewpoints on this, but I say leave it. I usually try to suicide myself so someone else can't get my points, but sometimes I run out of stamina and don't care to spend the FPs to do it. If I can't, I "hide" in def stance so someone else will have to earn those points. Even with the way it is now, it rarely lasts more than a few hours, even with a bunch of players hiding in def stance. With strategy and a bit of luck, you can blow through targets even if they're in def stance, so this doesn't really have much of an impact on "dragging out" the event.