December 13th Developer Update - Death Deal challenge

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Dec 14, 2010.

1. SteveW

SteveW Member

I'm not much of a fan of the death deal either. It takes too long which makes it drag out and I lose interest. The idea of having to complete it 15 times for the 3rd achievement too feels painful.

Maybe reduce from 85 down to 45 or 50 and stretch the achievement out to 20 or something. I just feels like you're playing for 3 days for not much. The shooters are much better.

Appreciate all the work and effort put into the game though, having the new content is great :)

2. Tylerbmiller

Tylerbmiller New Member

Same here don't like as well as the shooter game. it More of guess if it lower or higher and after while it come boring

3. Red

Red Member

I think it´s nice the feature , the lunar vehicle is pretty good ,i will play it just for that.

4. Kamandi2

Kamandi2 New Member

I am not at all a fan of this here (or on Pirate Clan and Viking Clan). When I first tried it, it seemed fresh, new and fun. That lasted about a day. Now, it's just too much like work and in no way fun, which seems counterproductive for game play.

It takes way too long to use your chips. You really have no choice but to use 1 chip at a time (at least until you get close to completing the challenge) to ensure you have enough wins to finish. You have to reset, pick your wagers (if more than 1), deal your card and then select higher/lower.

With the the shooters and rockets, it's a single click every 1-2 hours to play. 2 hours of this game means 12 clicks vs. the 1-2 clicks on the other games. Very repetitive and tedious. But because of the experience generated, a player who wants to be competitive in the game has no choice but to play it. The tedium could drive away players, since, once something is no longer fun, there are so many other games on Facebook that people easily stray.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Death Deal has just received an update that will address some of the concerns that many of you have had with this feature.

The number of hands you must successfully complete to finish the game has been reduced by HALF! Instead of 40ish wins for Spain - France you will need around 20ish wins to complete the mini game. For Russia – India you will require around 40ish wins for completion instead of 80ish.

To maintain a balance for those that have been playing these since they launched the following changes have also occurred:
    • All win payout XP and Cash values have been doubled (not including the Clear Bonus)
    • Chips now reload at 1 per hour (instead of 30mins)
    • The maximum # of chips that you can hold is now 12 (instead of 24)
    • You start the game with 6 Chips (instead of 10)
    For players who have an existing Death Deal running this change will have no negative affect on your game and will actually reduce the # of hands required to win on the fly. If you happen to have more than 100% of the required wins (ie: 30 of 25 Wins) you will be awarded the clear bonus as soon as you start your next hand.

We appreciate your comments so please let us know what you think of these changes to the Death Deal.

6. kimmerz

kimmerz Member

Thank you!

7. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb New Member

So you cut the number of wins needed in half, but you doubled the time it takes to gain a card. Don't those two pretty much cancel each other out?

8. striborg

striborg Member

Yes basically, and dont forget # The maximum # of chips that you can hold is now 12 (instead of 24)
    # You start the game with 6 Chips (instead of 10), so yeah, they get you there to...........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. Lyca

Lyca Member

It would be better if we still got a chip every half hour.... I do like the higher payouts but it's not changed much.. this update is just the same as playing before and gambling two chips every time... it still takes too long. :(

10. Hated

Hated Member

much love kano & crew, now i can feel happy about continuing a death deal if iv been away for longer than a fue hours :)

and doubling the payout, THANK YOU! wasnt asked for but will be much thankfull for.

11. NoMau

NoMau Member

a little less clicking now but still takes at least 2 days to finish...not the update I was hoping for :-(

12. kimmerz

kimmerz Member

That aspect of the change does suck. No doubt I will never like the death deals like I did the rocket launcher and shoot outs. Those things really helped out with the xp. Not to mention the quicker turn around meant more people, more often, requesting help for them in the challenge feed.

You could tell from the start that the Death Deal was designed to curb that..... which blows of course. But at least now I don't have to spend as long clicking something I really have no desire to click. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The changes maintain the balance of the challenge while reducing the # of actions you must perform by HALF. The main complaint about these Challenges were they they were tedious and repetitive. This change reduces the number of clicks you must take to complete the challenge.

As for the length of the games, the Rocket Shooters are 2 days long as well so I don't see how the Death Deal is any worse. However, we continue to monitor the feedback coming in so please continue to discuss these changes as we will be listening.

14. RjBESTNUB

RjBESTNUB Member

i like

I like the new update by half an 1 hour for each chip soo it isnt as quik to get chip means i dont have to checkback as fast and actually hav time to wait and not rush soo i dont waste the timeof collecting chips past 24 chips. ty kano apps love the update and cant wait for a new advent calender u guys should do valentines day on if u havent started one already.

p.s HAPPY PLAYER :)

15. Jager

Jager Member

Considering I was going to run out of time and have to start over, this was a very welcome change when I logged in after work and got the clear bonus! :D Thanks Kano!!!

16. malific

malific Member

Completion time has slightly improved, since you still get 4 chips everytime you gather enough people (it hasn´t changed so helping is twice as good now) AND start with what would´ve been 12 chips in the previous version. I can´t complain, I need less clicks to complete the game now, thanks Kano!

Only thing I don´t like is waiting a full hour if I end up losing my last round, but it´s just my bad luck. LOL

17. SteveW

SteveW Member

I wasn't going to run out of time but I did complete a Death Deal as a result of the change :D If only they were all like that :)

18. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

You've reduced the amount or cards needed to finish a death deal, but doubled the amount of time it takes to get a card. Hows that better? Oh an now we also get less chips building up as well.

19. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

The fact that with every click you had the chance to win 5 UN, is while i'll always like the shooters over the death deal.

Instead of showing one hand at a time could you make the cards smaller an line then all up next to each other so we can just go along an click them all. That way were not having to wait for them to keep loading what the hand is over an over.

20. Kamandi2

Kamandi2 New Member

It is much, much worse. What isn't being considered is the rocket launcher is a win.

Every. Single. Time.

The Death Deal, when you lose a hand, is just a waste of your time and it extends the tedium.

Why not have every single chip advance the game by one (win or lose) and just have the payouts (cash and xp) given on the wins.

It would still be a little worse than the rocket launcher (a payout every time), but at least every click would advance the game.