[FB] Dear developers !

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by domino, Dec 9, 2013.

1. domino

domino Member

Russian Express Zombie Health: 9,842,500 / 9,842,500

Helper Max Dmg
    Current: 518027 dmg

Help me defeat my Level 40 Russian Express Zombie boss! 1% Max Helper Dmg

DEAR DEVELOPERS !1% from 9842500 is not 518027!

2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Correct... 518027 of 9842500 isn't 1% it's about 5%(ish) the "1% Max Helper Dmg" you're seeing is the amount of dmg you've done so far

3. domino

domino Member

OK MR PRO MATH GUY...
    Hillbilly Zombie (Level 216 United States Coop Boss)
    Hillbilly Zombie Health: 3,421,250 / 3,421,250
    Helper Max Dmg
    Current: 3079125 -100%
    THIS MEAN 1%=30791,25
    but the game show Helper Max Dmg
    Current: 180066=1%.....
    MR PRO MATH GUY

4. Survival Streak 0

where exactly does it say that 180066=1%? (screenshot maybe)
    The only time I ever see % related to a boss it says things like "Kill Reward Dmg Progress: 54%"

PS. if you didn't have such an attitude on you then other people might be trying to help you out :p you're lucky I'm just nice like that

AlterEgoT likes this.
  5. domino

domino Member

New Bitmap Image (3).jpg

if i post this boss in faction there will write 1%

maybe because the developers used wrong types values ...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll get this clarified for you folks in a bit. :)

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can you post a screenshot of where you are seeing this 1%. Is it on the Boss list page where it shows all the bosses you are helping on?

8. domino

domino Member

New Bitmap Image (4).jpg Faction Messages ....

9. Survival Streak 0

I think I've got it...if I'm right then what has happened here is you've set the Helper Max Dmg to 0.5% of the bosses overall health and the game has rounded it up to the nearest whole number making it 1%

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Awesome, thanks for the screenshot and info guys. I'll take a closer look into this.

11. domino

domino Member

maybe the problems come from here if developers wrong 2 attacks with 2% dmg
    ""Random Kill Rewards:
    Rewards are randomly awarded to all players that participated in a fight that defeats a boss. There is a minimum number of (2) attacks required to have a chance at a drop.
    + UN Credits
    Minimum Damage Kill Reward
    This reward will be collected after boss is defeated.
    Minimum damage: 395,834""

all can be corrected if 100% Helper Max Dmg=total boss hp
    1%Helper Max Dmg =total boss hp/100 =Minimum Damage Kill Reward

or this with buttons and correct calculations
    New Bitmap Image (3).jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Part of the problem is the % reported is not based on "Total Boss HP". So you might think it is based on the largest value for Helper Max Dmg which is closer to the truth but still wrong. What this is reporting is given the Min and Max values of the damage slider (395k and 14mil in this case), how much can a squad member do?

End of the day the % reported in the Feed was brought forth to give members of your Faction an indication of how much damage they can do to the boss however I completely see where some confusion can arise. I will have to look at how easy it is to normalize this in some way before logging it to the Faction Feed but until then we will have to live with it.

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

Does it really matter? If you set it for a particular amount of damage. The percentage just gives you an idea of what sort of damage they can expect to do before opening it.

but here is a related fun fact about the boss sliders....

Did you know if you Click on the boss slider, then press the left and right keys you can Very finely adjust the amount of damage you're allowing.

You can also do this with the stamina slider too although its faster to fix it with the mouse if you put it in the wrong position.

This works on firefox anyway. Im stubborn to try a different browser.

Enjoy.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I see no big deal in this either, but if wanna nit pick then I think
    "Random Victory Rewards:
    Rewards are randomly awarded to all players that participated in a battle that defeats a boss. There is a minimum number of (2) attacks required to have a chance at a drop.
    + Favor Points"

should be changed to (2) "stamina" required to have a chance at a drop. I usually hit 5 stamina on bosses and running through feed you sometimes will run across a lvl 1 boss and 1 attack at 5 stamina exceed's the limit set on the boss in most cases. Thus removing chance at the drop/fp's. Again not that big of deal, but hey just pointing it out. LOL

15. domino

domino Member

Yes but with 2 stamina you cant do minimum reward dmg and will take only
    "THWARTED!
    You did not attack this boss enough to receive any rewards, attack more next time.
    Thank your friend for sharing their boss and these rewards!"
    and the real text in this moment must be "Random Victory Rewards:
    Rewards are randomly awarded to all players that participated in a battle that defeats a boss. There is a minimum value of 2% dmg(~minimum max dmg help) required to have a chance at a drop.

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

17. domino

domino Member

in translate.google.com dont have indian english to understand me lol.

18. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I lose out on collections quite often where lower slayers set a damage maximum. I hit with 5 stam a pop and often max out. so for me. If I see a damage set. I don't touch the dang thing. You want help I'll help. You want all the xp to yourself I might join if it's a coop and I want the join bonus.