[VC] Damage Limits and Participants on Bosses, by Level

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kel the Merciful King, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

As we know there are two games really going on: a boss game and a battle game. Some mixes as well.

The higher level "new" bosses have 50 spots in them. The higher level "old" bosses have 50 spots in them. The former might require 200,000 damage by each player to get the end reward. The latter 2,000,000 damage and more by each person to get the end reward.

How about damage by level being a lower % rising to a higher % of the "current" damage reward minimums, and increasing the number of players that can participate in these boss fights similarly?

Example:

Level 100 Inferno Giant, Min Damage for End Reward 2,000,000, 50 players currently, total damage to kill it 200,000,000.

With idea implemented:

Level 100 Inferno Giant: 150 players, total damage to kill it 200,000,000.
    Min Damage for End Reward 2,000,000, 50 players who are over Level 5000 (arbitrary in example),
    Min Damage for End Reward 1,000,000, 50 players, Level 1850 to Level 5000
    Min Damage for End Reward 500,000, 50 players, Level 0 to Level 1850.

In discussing this idea with another player, other games have such things. To me it would bring more involvement to the game to lower level clan, allow more action for mid range clan (less stamina on each boss to get end reward, means more battle or more bosses, more time spent playing). For the uber boss classes I have seen, this would enable them to be continued to rolled out.

This move would enable participation where otherwise there is a backing off of the larger bosses.

As we know, those bosses will not reset (discussed previously), made "Elite (reset to new class of same boss), etc. IOW, the end game for some boss types is there in sight. The game if it is to expand, needs something done to the mega boss, as did the world bosses, modifying slightly the strategy of the game, or to end those bosses in terms of realistic use.

An alternative may exist with this idea to the latter.

2. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Gave it a 10, LOVE the idea!♥ :)

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

sorry bud, im not in agreement with this one. the higher levels can get min damage a lot easier than the lowers for a reason....im all about helping everyone that I can in any way I can but this idea would be unfair to a lot of players

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Its cool to disagree.

My thinking was that "we" highers, want to help our clan. We add clan to do so. But a level 100 IG is not going to do the trick or level 200 or 300 .... lol. I have not launched most of my bosses past 125. I won't do this to my clan. Some though reach a point of wanting the whole thing. Some just see those one's and go "I would love to but I can't" which I don't blame them. 600 to 1000 stamina to hit to get an end reward does not make for a fun time but a short time.

Of course there is the strategic play with these all: you know they are getting bigger and the rule of 'taking your time' applies.

There is also the social function. To that, this idea plays. I want to be helpful back as a higher level to my clan. Well, its tough sometimes LOL :) My new bosses are slowly being worked. I am way behind most others on them in their level. Why? I want to be helpful to my clan as long as I can with these.

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

actually i see what you are getting at and this idea if implemented would alow anybody to be able to actually deal minium damage without wasting a ton of stam. and doing this would increase the amount of helpers hense getting stonger power attacs.

6. Demonik1

yeah but the newer bosses offer a random reward, besides a fp drop, with just a 2 stam hit....and me personally, I wouldn't care if a boss were level 2 or 200, the more hits you get the more chances you have at drops

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True on more chances of drops DEMONIK, but say have 50 clan with bosses that are big, you'll run out of stamina and of course refills real quick, unless like forking in massive amounts of $, most players IMO want min on bosses they choose for end reward. Or they say chit my stamina gone already and can't play PVP part of the game. LOL=logout

8. Demonik1

and all of that is a part of the game, the way you build and plan. the lower levels have more to help them out than I did on my way up as is. I see no need to keep giving them advantages. earn what you have, not wait for new rules to give you what others have strived for

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yes understand that part, but I think this whole idea revolves around is higher level players with big bosses are pretty much useless to help out clan. Where is the stopping point? I see 150-250 level bosses, I will not hit due to simple fact how much stamina it takes. I'm lvl 7k what's next level 500 bosses? Good luck trying to find many to hit those.

10. Demonik1

lol nobody made them spend tons of money to level ultra fast way ahead of everyone else haha