[ZS] Customize built in delays etc.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Jan 28, 2015.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Let's face it. All games are not equal. They might have started out on equal footing but they just aren't.

KP2 for example has a fraction of what FB has due to the number of users already there. Most migrated from MS and have worked hard to recruit new folks.

With this in mind. It is incredibly maddening to see lists go up in feed and have to wait for everyone's delay for the thing to come back down.

Same with Outbreak helps. Limit of 25. Do you realize that most have barely enough squad to fill that at all?

The dead accounts are pk'd instantly when they heal from everyone just punching everything looking for something to do.

I would suggest when kano gets a little extra time, take a moment to adjust things by server a bit.

As it is only a few people play at a time as they get quickly bored with nothing to do. Someone new logs in and the one there before logs out. WHY? because oh look someone to get all the hits. My outbreak helps are done. There hasn't been a new challenge in hours. All 8 bosses have been helped and/or killed.

This may or may not apply to Server 1. But on server 2. The people keep it going. And if there is a 12 second delay from catching the newbies baby lists there is no reason to hang around and watch others having fun.

We desperately need to be able to hang around long enough for a group to be on at the same time. The chat gets going, which gets the game going.

Please take a moment to think of these implications. The KP2 folks are a fun loving group. Many who have been around for years and many others that have tired of drama elsewhere and enjoy the joking around. I believe it still supports itself but it needs some tweaking. It's not the facebook please don't assume what works there will work on KP2.

(I have a hunch kongregate runs into the same issues)

2. Jess

Jess Active Member

I decided to vote on this, since it concerns not only ZS, I'm afraid...

3. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

w/ everything else going on not sure this will be a priority... but i'm all for a delay adjustment across the board...

4. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have suggested in the past merging kp2 armor and kongregate to have a larger player base

5. Jess

Jess Active Member

Do you really think they are capable of doing that? It'd be nice, no doubt...

6. George Burd

I think they could but it would take some work, more likely easier to move everyone to ksp2

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That is not something we are capable of doing.

George Burd likes this.
  8. George Burd

well that is a bummer mi7ch, but ty at least if you know an answer it means it was loked at, that in itself makes me feel better

9. Jess

Jess Active Member

Still, we could use some tweaks, like OP mentioned. And the low population of each server is becoming an issue...

George Burd likes this.
  10. George Burd

we need to find a way to find more players

11. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

combining them all seems like a valid option...

12. AlterEgoT

They have said NO for years. First it was because it wasn't fair. Now it's because it is not feasible to do so. Do a quick search you will find some rather heated threads on the subject dating all the way back to the HI5 merger.

All kong did was split folks from KP and give some fb'ers a new place. Really when you can't sustain 2 why add a 3/4 of them? But that's just my thought. I played there for a while. It was hot and moving cause everyone went there where it was fresh. Alas, it's the same as always and just got there quicker than the rest since 95% of the slayers were from other places lol.

13. AlterEgoT

Quite honestly, I'm fine with no merger and no new players. It's a fact of the game that has not changed since the place was built quite frankly. But I DO however have issue with the things that stop the regular players from playing. It often feels as if Kano just wants the games to die. why else would you continually stop your players that stay and play from playing?

Sure sure I get that it's so everyone gets a chance to play but hey guys? That is all that is playing. And if they can't play.........................

Lasinagol likes this.
  14. George Burd

I am going to guess that to combine them all would mean shutting down 2 servers and moving all characters to one server, not doing a server link like kong and armor have. that is why its not able to be done

15. George Burd

if I was kano I would slow some people down too, I dont want to spend all my time and resources, making 3 people a new city

Lasinagol likes this.
  16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

this thread has trailed off a bit but the op has a good idea...kp2 needs to be treated as a separate server than fb....not all things good for one is good for the other

AlterEgoT and George Burd like this.
  17. George Burd

I agree Demonik, as on kong, we are not fb either

18. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

we just need some way to get new people into the game they are fun no doubt about that but they arnt advertised enough and when they are only advertised for FB (from what i have seen)leaving the other 2 servers out from getting new players. as stated before the locations we have enough for a while so few are actually taking advantage of them as of now.

not really sure how we could get more people involved in the game that would stay but im sure there is some way to do it

George Burd likes this.
  19. George Burd

maybe they need to make a snazzy commercial like the one for clash of clans, that looks nothing like the game lol

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

maybe kano should make an app for the smaller servers....millions of people playing games on smart phones daily.....what was i thinking?? too good of an idea for them, my bad

Kirsten and George Burd like this.