[Other] Crafting Achievements

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It has nothing to do with buying anything it has to do with getting loot from bosses and adventures and gifts, it takes alot work to get that stuff together to craft in PC, VC and LCN.The whole I idea is to get zero upkeep and replace anything you had to buy with game coins ( not real money) in game, ya craft and drop it all and raise your list price and raise your income , alongside buying rule. that is an Achievement worth mentioning, I know I hear it said to craft in ZS is not worth it, but in the other games it is well worth it. It makes the difference between being strong and being weak.Of course including boss drops would really make this a real worthwhile achievement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  2. Eraser

Eraser Member

yes, but could it not be easily manipulated as SSO mentioned? I really dont mind if it goes in the other games, it just seems like there would be a way to avoid such an easy loophole.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

How can it be manipulated, and if ZS players do not want it there are 3 other games that craft, so just put it in those games, Leave it out of ZS .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Crafting has almost zero to do with buying it is about collecting things to craft within the game

5. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Crafting achievements? Don't see how that will help. Will it clean up inventory of useless items that are not being put to use with crafts we already have?

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Then don't craft if it is worthless to you, alot of people do not craft cause they do not know it is just another part of the game, or cannot figure out how to do it, it is not just skill points that make or break your character.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yes, im in total agreement with that, go back and look at the lower areas, Im sure youw ill find something, that you can buy 2 items to craft, that could would be too easy to just make a bunch of a worthless item for the acheivments, and if not??? go for it!!! just doublle check because there is things like that in zs for sure.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well if I am not mistaken( and I very well could be) crafting things is using gifts and drops from adventures and of course boss drops, I for one can only think of one or two things that I crafted from things I bought in inventory, and IN pc actually only I item that used an inventory item , and that was to craft something else that was did not need an inventory item, so I don't see how and I certainly would not even bother wasting my time to figure out if there was anything, , either way if you have never crafted you would have nothing to compare it against.:) And this is not retroactive if it" were "to go into effect.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Whatever happens, either way not a big deal for me. but good discussions :)

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

you dont buy a bunch of items and craft them...maybe youre not too familiar with crafting and should look into it a bit more. having one the best weapon/warrior setups due to diligence and crafting is a hell of an achievement whether you want to admit it or not.

11. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

The achievement is for crafting a specific amount of items. Here is ZS for an example.
    x1 Point and Shoot has been Added to your inventory.
    x5 Gut Hook Hunting Knife has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1 Crossbow has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1 Weapon Part has been Removed from your inventory.
    Crafting this item cost you $8,000

All of those items can be bought besides the weapon part. You get that one by hitting bosses, and gifts. I have thousands.
    Here is LCN for another example
    x1 Diamond Stiletto has been Added to your inventory.
    x1 Crowbar has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1 Baseball Bat has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1 Colt 1911 has been Removed from your inventory.
    Crafting this item cost you $1,000

All of those items can be bought. Are you seeing a pattern? You don't even need a weapon part in LCN.
    Let me try something else though.

x1000 Diamond Stiletto has been Added to your inventory.
    x1000 Crowbar has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1000 Baseball Bat has been Removed from your inventory.
    x1000 Colt 1911 has been Removed from your inventory.
    Crafting this item cost you $1,000,000

Holy crap I just achieved something! I spent less than a billion crafting 1000 items(cost of the material included). Let me just do a single outbreak to make up for the cash I lost. Do you see why crafting shouldn't be an achievement?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....The reaction Im seeing here and the fact that Kano thought this would be "well received " just goes to show how out of touch Kano really is with its players.

Whats funny actually is that I kinda liked the idea initially and disagree with most of whats being said in this thread. Achievements are achievements, there should be some for every aspect of the games whether u like, participate or how easy u think it is. In this case the sheer amount of money it takes to craft this stuff warrants an achievement.

But as Demonik said....I was sold right up until I read the part about boss drops. Sure people could artificially inflate their stats by crafting and uncrafting, but as was also pointed out....the same could be said for the cheapest of crafting items. The action, time and coin is being spent regardless.....so why not? What about other achievements that are obtained just for the sake of achieving them? How often do players go find soe low leveled guild to bounty repeatedly just to get the bounty achievement on the cheap? How about what is probably the toughest achievement to get...the 10k survival streak? How many players just sat there and kept their nose clean and exchanged blows with a partner for that one? Or my personal favorite......going back to the first adventure in the first world to which only cost 1 energy.....thats a mighty impressive achievement or at least leader board category....lol

Another issue.......Black smithing was introduced years after the games started, the higher of levels didnt get to start out with crafting all the cheaper and easier items, my items cost trillions to craft. Isnt this another reason why boss drops should be counted......to off set the lack of cheaper and more plentiful crafting the lesser levels have enjoyed from the beginning?

If someone wants to take the time and blow the coin on crafting and uncrafting or crafting useless crap then why not.....its goonna end up costing them in the end and for what....a few SP, XP, FP or coin that is way less than they spent?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  13. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

What I'm upset about is not the fact that this wants to be added, but the fact that so many other achievements that actually take some effort to get are being shot down and these mockeries are being proposed. Even worse is that on another thread we are asked to choose between two mockeries. I made the point here that is isn't an achievement at all, and that real achievements should be put in first.

14. slave

slave Member

its not the money, its not the time, its not even the achievement
    its the waste of the developers time to make these when the outcome or items crafted are useless....

there are a lot of achievements missing that take a lot of work to do that should be done well before we give farming, i mean crafting acheivements out

if crafting actually provided something that was useful in the game, i would be all for this
    but the reality is no matter what level you are, the items are obsolete and once in your inventory are never used.

now that could change if you could pick and choose when to use destructives
    but as it stands right now.....
    this is a loser, i dont understand why kano is going to let us "stew" about it......

put your time into the game with replayable content please

15. polishpimp

I agree that they're different things that deserve achievements much more, I would start with some for those that are up on bounty. They already dont get crap, while those that attack them do.....they should def get something for what is easily the most impressive feat in the games.

something is better than nothing.....but im sure not looking forward to hearing Kano down the road saying look at all this "awesome" stuff we did for you when actually its exactly like what either you or Eraser said...."Its like ordering a steak and getting a hamburger" , if your hungry and late for something.....your gonna eat it....but still be pissed and never forget.

16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

good examples bacondude, there are also cheap ones you can buy in vc but thats an easy fix...the bought crafting could be excluded and what the hell, even the boss drops could be if thats how they want to be then so be it...all im really conveying is that crafting is an achievement...heres a thought...base the crafting achievements on total money spent on crafting as the higher one gets the cost of crafting non-boss drop items greatly increases...ive spent over 5 quad alone on higher level crafting and that number will raise by 20-30 trillion a day...as polish pointed out, you can all poke holes in everyones logic in some way and find loopholes to get achievements like im sure alot have for almost every achievement out there but none of that will ever stop me from jumping at the chance of getting more achievements no matter what they are for or how easy or difficult they may be to achieve. whats easy for some is harder for others and vice versa...what you see as pointless someone else sees as necessity.

17. polishpimp

I agree whole heatedly with everything but...."the reality is no matter what level you are, the items are obsolete and once in your inventory are never used". I black smith stuff that is some of the best stuff i have and will most likely be in my inventory forever, and my inventory is as good if not better than anyone at a similar level

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

My analogy was actually "like giving a tiger a dog treat". Also people shouldn't get a damn thing for riding the list. The reason you get listed is mostly because someone wants you dead. If you ride, then that means you get a rivals list. That's your hamburger so take it.

19. polishpimp

@ Demonik, well said.

We have black smithing we can buy? with FP? WTF....thats some lame ass crap right there! Where the hell have i been....under a rock?

20. polishpimp

Im soooooo gonna post a bounty riding thread and i expect your complete cooperation....LOL