[Other] Crafting Achievements

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

One of the more popular suggestions we receive regularly is for an increase on the different kinds of achievements we have in-game. One area that has been brought up many times before is for Crafting achievements. We're fairly sure this will be well-received, but I wanted to give you guys a chance to weigh in on this beforehand.

The achievements will be for total # of crafted items, and there will be a number of different number of Achievement thresholds, such as 25 total crafted, 50 total crafted, etc. (Not actual numbers.)

As with any new set of achievements, we will be awarding them retroactively to players who have already achieved these thresholds. Unfortunately, we have not been recording when items are crafted, which means that for the retroactively added achievements we will be awarding them based off of currently-held crafted inventory. We realize that this isn't a perfect solution, however because the data wasn't being recorded, it's the only way we have of doing retroactive crafting achievements. Once the achievements are in place, we will be recording when items are crafted which is what the achievements will trigger off of.

The other important thing to mention is that these achievements won't count Boss Drops, or anything that has multiple tiers (elite, legendary, etc.) Because it's possible to reverse craft these items, counting them would negate the achievement, as players could artificially inflate their total crafted number.

Let us know what you think, and feel free to post any questions/comments below.

2. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I think this is useless and needs to be terminated so KANO can focus on the hundreds of ideas we have already submitted that actually make some sort of sense.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

Goood grief.... CRAFTING!!! stay out of Zombie slayer with your crafting we dont need it!!!!

Boss kill kills achievements, more fighting achievement (including kills), and expansions of the current ones... Thats what we are repetitively asking for.

Nobody crafts anything in zs, because we DO NOT NEED THE ITEMS.

This will do zero good tho. I dont know why Im even here... ZS will get crafting achievements anyway.

4. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

^^^ what they all said

Voted 1/10, I would vote zero if i could

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

if youre not including the boss drops then its a pointless effort seeing how thats the majority of crafting....thought it was a good idea up until i read that part....no vote

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

7. Demonik1

well said bacondude!

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

So i'm not ghost voting, i give this a 1.

9. slave

slave Member

come on wonder bread

crafting is obsolete in zombie slayer
    there are a few diehards who do it for something to do, and that is it
    there is no use for crafted items in the game, they are so far behind in values that they are not worth the time or energy to find or create.
    I am positive that we have tried to discourage you from this avenue alot of times, because crafting adds not one thing to my game, not even close, not within a hundred points of an item in my list.
    why would you waste a developers time on this particular feature when you could be giving us veteran achievements in a whole bunch of categories that anyone over level 1000 passed months ago!

the highest level of counterattack achievements is 100....(mine is 1901)
    the highest level of listing squad leaders is 250..... (mine is 757)
    the highest level of bosses is 10....(mine is 334)

i know the fighters have caught up to theirs, sadly i have not but thats another issue in a different posting (no fight list)
    im not even big in some of the categories i have listed yet i hit the max months or even years ago
    for you to even bring up achievements in crafting is a total slap in the face to the people who play and support your game

is this what the developers think is going to save their game?????
    you guys really need to have people playing this game to see how worthless crafting is and how overpriced it is for the items that come out that are literally so far behind the curve, there is absolutely ZERO reason to make them!

yes there have been alot of threads about more achievements, VETERAN acheivements

why dont you guys just put in a farm and get it over with....

10. Demonik1

my point exactly when i mentioned that boss crafting should be a part of it...whats the difference if someone crafts a cheap low level item for achievemnts or crafts a ton of boss drops then uncrafts them?? it should be all or nothing or separate achievements for boss drops or you only get the boss drop achievements when youre no longer using the items you crafted on attack or defense...still no vote

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

not sure I get it so 1 star for now

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Voting a 10 to try and help this idea.

Don't think it'll go through,but I'm for some stretch ideas(like this one)I'll try and help.

It's actually not that bad of a idea anyway.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  13. A G R E E D !!!!!
    Voted 0

14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Crafting isn't an achievement. It's just something you buy. Should we get achievements for buying FP weapons? What about normal inventory? Here's an idea, how about we turn down achievements that you actually have to earn like fight kills, and put in achievements that you can just buy? Sounds like a great idea.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not all achievements have skill points :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  16. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, we very much appreciate it. I would like to remind everyone to keep things civil and respectful, both to us and eachother.
    It sounds like there aren't many players interested in these achievements, which is good to know. That being said, we'll leave this stew for a bit so everyone gets a chance to chime in.

17. Demonik1

still not voting but i will say this, even a half-assed idea that will give me extra skill points or exp or whatever im all for....i just dont like certain aspects of it but i'll take what i can get :p

18. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

My thoughts exactly! Look, we all reach the point where we can no longer use the Regular inventory items, so then the only way to get stronger tool-wise is to do Boss help for drops and do crafting. I don't play ZS but in PC there are wonderfully strong items we can craft. I'd prefer that crafted items that require Boss drops be counted because obviously they require more time be devoted to the game, but whatever. I can't imagine why people would just turn down any kind of reward from Kano even if it seems meaningless. I work hard to craft stuff and yes, I'd LOVE achievement rewards for it!

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In PC , VC, and LCN, crafting is an important part and feature of the game.

20. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Because it's not something you "achieve" it's something you buy. Note the word "Achievement", and tell me how buying a bunch of items and crafting them is somehow an achievement.