counter prices

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crazy william storm, Sep 9, 2010.

1. how do you make your counter attack base price go up?( mine is like 1 billion but some people counter base is 100 billion)????????

2. hi storm.ive come with your answer you should know already but here it is.

Counter Attacks

Counter Attacks can be set on other clans. If a counter attack has been set on a clan, the next time they attack, they will be caught off guard and destroyed in battle.

* You cannot set a counter attack on someone who hasn't previously attacked you within the last 24 hours. Attacks are battles and cagemathes only, pistol whips and bounties are not counted.
    * Counter attack pricing is now based off of cashflow (income-upkeep) and strength between two players.If the player placing the counter attack is a greater level, the cost is based more on the greater of the two cashflows ( between the 2 players )
    * Discounts are given if your opponent has attacked more and price is increased if you have attacked more. Attacks are battles and cagematches only, pistol whips and bounties are not counted. Attack counts between players are reset if there is 24 hours of inactivity (no attacks). Note that the already set counter attacks themselves are never reset or removed. Price is also increased if multiple counter attacks are set on the same person.
    * Counter attack allocations start at 100, every 15 levels you advance that allocation drops by 1 to a minimum of 75.
    * Base Counter attack costs are capped at your opponent's bounty price (before discounts/increases).
    * Successful counter attacks count as an attack against your opponent.

3. um ok thanks. but where did you get this info i cant find it any where.( and if baced on income mine should be higher than some peoples that i know has lower income:confused:

4. cesarr

cesarr Member

At the top of the page and click "Help"

5. yes storm that answer has always been there in the help.being on leaderboard you should know that.

ok so back to my original question

are you gonna help me and the squirrels take over the world or not

6. yeah sure seems like fun hehe:D

7. greatM

greatM Active Member

I see that this thread is a little old but no point starting a new one.

Does anyone know how Counter cost is calculated?

here is an example that does not make sense with the data indicate.

Confirm Cost: 9,598,715,516,505 coins

Note. the cost was around 13 bil before attacking around 20-30 cage attacks.
    Between the change in cost no additional counters were placed.

XXX has 218 attack(s) against you in 6 days.

You have 92 attack(s) on XXX in 1 day.

The players current / basic bounty cost > Confirm Cost: 2,559,657,471,068 coins

From experience their counter on me will be cheap now as my cost has gone up dramatically, but I have less than half the atts on them. I have PW killed them once today, but that was before the massive increase in cost.

Surely if there is other factors that affect the counter cost so much, they should be listed with the attacks, as something seem to be far more important than attack count on the counter cost at times.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Your attacks are all on one day his are spread over 6 days that is gonna affect the price you have more attacks in 24 hours if you reset which is 24 approx hours after your last attack then you reset and if he has a lot of attacks and you do not whip it trap it list counters would be cheaper

9. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi Kirsten thanks for the response.

On the play I usually re set attacks every few days and the player would continue pws /attack for 12 days or more until they was at 1k or more attacks and as long as I stayed below their total attacks my counters where cheap very cheap at 1k attack difference .

So towards the end I could att 1k in a day and still have low counter cost, but on 2 occasions now ( out of many times ) I have seen this effect. with no logical difference compared to normal. Unless cage attacks have a major effect as normally I do not us cage attacks on them, but I am getting close to my ach for cage.

Counter kills, pw kills, bounty listings and boutny kills, did not seem to make any significant difference.

10. Kirsten

The caging part I imagine would still be considered an attack but really do not know if it would make a difference , my understanding of counter Price is if you have less attacks in a 24 period then they would be cheaper. If you whip during that time the counters will start showing up as retaliation thus I think the price will go up

11. greatM

greatM Active Member

As it only shows atts which include, pws, counter, bounty atts, cage and normal atts the price does increase, as you do more attacks, but normally the relative atts between the 2 players seems to be the most significant effect on the cost change, with a big change in cost when the relative atts are close, then change over so the other player has high atts. but with this instance the cost is massively high with significantly less total atts.

The only other thing i can think could be in play is the relative damage as my cage are 150% or more compared to about 45% down to about 12% for most attack as I remove load out and slugger. but there is no relevant help information that explains the massive increase in cost with lower atts.

I can confirm for certain that the amount of attakcs in a 24hr period does not affect the cost as long as the other player has not att laps for 24hrs the cost change almost all of the time is directly related to total attacks that are show. accepting there are other factors that affect the average cost between the two players.

Possible it is the realtive level between us, but i have not increase level differnece that significantly in the last few days.

12. Kirsten

Then you might want to ask support take some screen shots and they can look and see what is going on

From what you posted in your original post you attacked more in a twenty four period than you were attached unless I am reading it wrong

13. greatM

greatM Active Member

I didnt think to ask support :rolleyes: great idea, they should be able explain what im seeing. thanks :)

From experience typically it is total atts shown not how many comparative attacks are done in a 24hr period ;-) as I can do even 1k attacks compared to a few tens poss 100 atts in a 24hr period without it making a massive jump over a relatively small amount of atts ;)

14. greatM

greatM Active Member

For support i got this while sending the ticket > Sorry, we encountered a problem while uploading attachments. A possible reason is attachments size exceeding server upload limit. i can reduce the attachment size by changing the paint format and resend if it help. Email me and I'll reply with the screen shot. thanks :)

15. Kirsten

try just taking a screen shot of just what you need, where it shows in the rival list and from the players profile page where it show the amount of attacks that is just a small shot and send the link for you and the other player ,also

this is all ya need if that cause if they have the links they can check things out

XXX has 218 attack(s) against you in 6 days.

You have 92 attack(s) on XXX in 1 day.

the thing is if you attacked 92 times in one day and the other person attacked less in the same day that is where I see the reason why the counters cost more,unless he attacked 218 times today,so if he attacked 218 times today and you retaliated with 92 attacks, (counters ) included then the counter price should be lower , that the other way around.

16. greatM

greatM Active Member

I did that :) before i sent the paint doc, but it auto saves to a Bitmap Image and was 2.84 MB. but i can save as a gif at > 96.7 KB :)
    but didnt get an option to resend the paint doc just the ticket info and ticket id.

I referenced this thread in the ticket message as there is more info here, rather than adding all the info to the ticket :)

17. Kirsten

ahhhh , I have a Mac and it just goes to my desktop and another place .I just have to press Command shift 4 and I got my shot

Attached Files:

18. greatM

greatM Active Member

I could post the screen shots here, but wouldn't want too give much info to the player I'm playing ;) I like to play the aggressive players regardless of their level ;) As the saying goes it not what you have, its what you do with it ;) I've been playing the player from being much lower level to being much high level. its all in the game :) I'll pile though counters, just need to know the rules of engagement so i can work out any edge :D

Kirsten likes this.