[FB] copy not working

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Fusheng, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

NOT BEING ABLE TO COPY LINKS

Hi guys and gals ive noticed that when i share a job or boss etc when the box appears i usually right click pic and copy link so to share with friends
    ive noticed the last few days it wont let you copy it the copy option dosent come up,
    is anyone else haveing similar problems

2. Bocce

Bocce Member

Yes, and I noticed it while using different browsers.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The issue you describe is on Facebook's end of things. For whatever reason FB has disabled any click functionality within these request dialog boxes which is why you can't drag and select nor right-click Copy/Paste here.

Looks like you are going to have to post it to your wall and then cut and paste from there. Not ideal but this functionality/behaviour is out of our hands.

4. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

thats no good as if you post it to your wall by the time you copy/paste it a lot of other mobbers would have done the job
    the whole idea is to be able to share these with fellow mobbies
    i understand you are working on a solution?

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

As soon as you click many of those help links it is broadcast on the Social Feed within the game so "a lot of other mobbers" have access to it at that time as well. However, I do understand what you are saying and it will be brought up for discussion, but we have a lot of projects on the go right now so I am wary of giving any sort of timeline on this.

Also, FB may change their ways around this at anytime and I would encourage you to bring up your concern with them.

Wish I had more solid answers for you but this is the best we can do for the time being.

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Hi Smack just to confirm when you click on the HELP tab this does not broadest the job etc
    the box appears and only broadcasts when you click help/cancel
    but while the box is visible you used to be able to copy the link address and send to mobbies
    then you click cancel it broadcasts but the mobbies get there first

only way round it is to inform mobbies first you are going to publish so they can go to the help job etc tab