[LCN] Comma separators for numbers

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by King of Procrastinators, May 28, 2018.

1. Please use comma separators for numbers (to denote thousands, millions, billions, trillions, etc...) for:
    • Jobs and Challenges screens: for experience gained for each job
    • Bosses and raids screen: for damage delivered
    • Syndicate Wars: for members signed up, all numbers such as skills and points
    • Profiles page: not all numbers in User and Stats tabs have comma separators
    • Top nav: Health, energy, stamina, and level don't have comma separators
    Please, I'm making this request to increase legibility. Thank you.

FancyPants likes this.
  2. Rick B

Rick B Active Member

In most places commas are not used when dealing with large numbers (for example Billions) and then decimals are used 3.839 Billion. On the bar and in skills, pretty sure nobody has exceeded the need for a 6 digit tracker (admins correct me here If I am wrong).

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, the . counts as a digit, so that would actually be a 7 digit tracker. Regardless, I've wondered this myself, why there are commas in most, but not all, of the stats. Seems like a simple coding fix to me, at least for the profile page, where I usually notice this. The other areas haven't been much of a concern to me, it's not too hard for me to keep track of my stats (health, energy, stamina, etc.) without commas.

4. I assumed the inconsistency was because different SW Engineers were assigned to different parts of the code at different times. Some were more diligent in caring about legibility than others. :)

5. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

OMG!!!!!! so this is where the idea to put the damn comma's came from!!! it looks like crap on the page now!

It's even more inconsistent some have commas and some don't - please get rid of them all! Thanks so much

6. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

annoying as @% please remove those commas

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

and there was no support for it, so much for making a decision on Feedback in the forum, told ya I was not buying that excuse :p

8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Seriously, it looks very clunky and confusing. Get rid of the commas.

Miss Kitty Snaps and JADES like this.
  9. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Why all the hating on the comma? I wish there would be this much fire and venom behind things that really need addressing. I think Kano does stuff like this so they can say see we listened and added/removed the comma. Thus proving their point as to why they can't listen to the players because they (the players) don't know what they want.

Instead of playing with commas how about addressing War Mode. Fixing WM is easy by the way. Create a separate WM faction people can join. Synd Wars you join a synd. WM you join faction. Keep them apart. Problem with WM is there are those who would partake but dont want to leave their synd to do it. Or make joining WM a settings option and only those that check it can account for points.

Just come up with ways to make us want to play the game more instead of just ways to make more money. I get it making money keeps things running but if you make the game more playable it will equate to $$$.

Bah humbug.

Kay-Arne Hansen likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This I can agree on for War Mode, allow us to choose without putting all members up for slaughter.

One thing I'd like to really like to get seen with WM is the ALT guilds, made specifically for points (Yes it happens) Why not make it like GW's if no actions in 4 events, no auto-join into GW's. But make WM's player's at least do a single action within the week before become eligible for points? Make these Alt's at least sign in to the accounts they made specifically for this???? And catch them :)

Crap, just noticed this is under comma's thread, TY Rafe for asking that in here LOL

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Don't play war mode, I like regular killing but hated those darn commas :p

Rick B and Miss Kitty Snaps like this.
  12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

There are 9 ideas that have been in the implementation phase for at least 3 years, and this isn't one of them. This was implemented within 2 months with practically no support, and it wasn't even in the ideas section. Just goes to show, those that have the power make the rules, the rest of us just sit back and watch it happen. No use crying about it, at least it was modified due to player feedback. It's obvious not a lot of time is spent using their own products or presumably even testing before going live, otherwise it would have evident (?) before any changes were made. Typical IT... let's do it and we can always fix it later, the end users will tell us if something isn't right.