[ZS] Come back to life at 1/10 of health

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

In ZS there's a bit of a problem with the fight lists as you get higher up. There's less people to hit, and some of the ones that you can hit like to ambush/hide. Here's what I'm proposing. If you're killed, when your health regenerates to 10% of your max, the game will automatically heal you completely. Lets give an example of 10,000 health as an example, being that it is the first health achievement. If somebody killed you(by punch, attack, or hitlist), then when you're health regenerates to 1000 the game would automatically heal you up to full health. It takes 1:30 for 1 point of health to regenerate. That would be 40 health regenerated per hour. With 24 hours in a day the person would regenerate 560 health per day. As it is right now, it would take almost 4 days for that person to regenerate enough health to just barely come out of the hospital(20%), and be hit once. This would really only happen to the inactive slayers, and would help out the active slayers a little bit with fighting.

I recommend that this starts taking place at level 500(same level as you get undead slayers). At that level you have 2602 skill points available at the very minimum(not taking into account any achievements except "Climb the Corporate Ladder" that you get for leveling), not the mention the 25 you start out with already loaded to you're character. Unless you got all your xp helping challenges not doing a single outbreak, challenge, fight, boss, or even helping an outbreak, you're going to have a lot more skill points. By level 500 you have enough skill points to spend and get every basic skill achievement, so I think my example for 10k health is valid.

NOTE: This is a ZS idea. Please do not use logic from any of the other Kano Apps when commenting or voting on this idea.

2. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If Kano implemented this and people saw that the fight lists were better maybe they'd stay active. If they stayed active then this also wouldn't happen to them, so that's even more of a reason to stay active. So not only could this benefit the active players with its core purpose, but it could also lead to more activity in general.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. Eraser

Eraser Member

not sure how much effect it would have for me, I know you understand, but some people think that there is all thees people in the clouds that higher levels should be fighting instead of punching them (big bullies lol) but there really isnt much there. I will count up my undead later and put it in edit, most of them do heal everyday (once or twice) there would be a few that unecpectedly pop up once in a blue moon if this was put in tho.

but hey, if it helps people that have some moderate fight list actually have a decent one 10 stars.
    (not that i think it does any good)

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Yeah, this idea actually wouldn't help me that much either. The only people who are inactive at this level are the ones who used to play very well then quit, or banned alt accounts. For the most part everyone on my fight list is active, or at least heals daily, but it hasn't been too long since I had a really shitty fight list. Starting around the 400s all the way up to level 800-900 the fight list was BARREN. I'd be lucky if I could get GP without undeads or hitting rivals. I forget who it was, but someone showed some data that 500-700 was when most slayers stopped playing the game. They are pretty easy targets for the high levels(who they can't really fight back against) and on top of that they have nobody around that they can fight. At least when people get chained at level 300 they can still hit people on their fight list when the higher level gets bored. People assume that the higher you get the worse it gets, and you'll never be able to fight back against certain people. That assumption really isn't true, and I think that if the fight list didn't get that bad we would have a lot more players.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Ummmm....NO!

As much as i dont like having a full fight list due to my level and as much as i would prefer to have my rivals heal so i could kick their butts....Im not about to vote for something that would eliminate strategy. If a player wants to hide and ambush...thats their prerogative/strategy. Why should we have the game essentially punish them because theyve reached a particular level? Basically your asking for a free pass to do as you wish because your online and happen to play a particular way....why should the game dictate that others do the same or get punished. This makes no sense to me whatso ever and actually sounds pretty self serving

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You do realize that even at the minimum health achievement it would take 2 days of sitting dead no healing for this to occur right? What strategy is this? Not playing the game isn't a strategy I've ever heard of in my entire life.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

How does that insert to this idea at all?

The only people that would be automatically healed is somone that was DEAD for Days,

Even at the minimum 500 level that that this would go into effect the minimum acceptable amount of health would be 5000 and it would take over 24 hours of deadness to be autohealed.

Somones been dead for that long, "They're not hiding, they've logged out, and dont plan to come back anytime soon.

Edit; Just had a thought of why it should not go in.... all those easy kills in the early fight list would be much more difficult... nor really fair for anyone who would want to come up on the fight kills leaderboard.

8. polishpimp

so hiding and ambushing is not a strategy? So what your saying is ......if i can beat you and u can beat me, its somehow better if we go toe to toe? Im thinking....that if i hit u on my terms and then ambush the heck out of ya....I win all of them rather than half. Ide say thats pretty damn good for not being strategic. but then again Im in to actually beating my opponent....not helping them out.

"Not playing the game isn't a strategy I've ever heard of in my entire life" ...Well now ya have, glad I could help. Obviously they are playing if they are ambushing you are they not? Just because they dont keep your schedule or dont play as much or the way u would like them to doesnt mean the game should be changed in order for you or someone else to circumvent another players strategy.

Like I told ya earlier....I dont particularly like my lack of rival page, I also think the way some players play is kinda chicken crap....but i dont half to like it to still understand that this idea would be completely unfair to everyone including myself if i too chose to play in a similar fashion.

How about the arena? Inactive players do pretty darn well at times....strategy? They can sign up 10 days in advance and not play a single minute until after the arena is over and still do well. Although due to the nature of and the whole reason for the battle arenas existence is PVP.....I dont think it should be rewarded....but its still a type of strategy....because its a choice. You could argue that indeed inactive players are penalized 15% after 6 hours of inactivity.....but players in the regular games are also penalized by automatically regenerating health while off line. Your argument they dont heal fast enough in the regular game to suit your needs/wants doesnt really jive with your argument that inactive players in the arena shouldnt be further penalized. The regular game is not made up of just the PVP aspect, they're many facets of the games and many players may not want to engage you. The battle arena has one aspect and thats PVP, how do u argue for one and not the other?

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

OK I agree with Polish and ya not gonna want to hear this but the small rival list issue is in" all" games, the higher you go the less players there are to fight. If people want to hide from some player who keeps on them day and nite or for any length of time that they deem enough, they go and hide for a while, it may be annoying, but it is their right. so No and 1 star

10. polishpimp

Why does it matter how long they are dead? Its there account, why should they be subjected to that many more losses or even potential deaths? People are gone from the games for a multitude of legitimate reasons (not that they need to be legitimate)for extended periods of time, is that a reason to lead them to slaughter? Players put themselves in the hospital or even commit suicide all the time just so their rivals dont get the chance to mess with them, strategy? Yep. and its no freebie either. Implementing an idea like this would further diminish strategy and protection afforded a player by investing heavily in health with ones skill points. Why have it go into effect at the higher levels and not be the same for all levels? If u dont then it is essentially a penalty for leveling up. I can think of numerous ways/situations that a player or a group of players could purposely knock another player barely into the hospital, using the OPs example of full regeneration at 10%....that poor player essentially becomes an endless punching bag.

Another thing......... Im pretty sure in part thats why Kano came up with "undeads", a way to give those with lesser fight lists something to hit. Sure....the XP aint that good but its better than nothing and innocent players or those that choose that strategy arent affected.

This idea also doesnt address the highest of levels who have zero players on their fight page.

In the OPs opening comments he also referenced players that ambush and hide, not only does this infer that they have a fight page/rival page but it would all but eliminate this type of strategy which would simply be unfair.

This would be a major game changer, what about all those that have had extremely limited fight pages up until now? In some cases including myself , players have gone years with a severely lacking fight page or circumstances very much like the OP has described, personally Ide be a bit pissed off if all of a sudden player regenerate health instantly.....how many hundreds of thousands of XP have players missed out on that now would become available? In the end...its a PVP aspect of the game thats been this way from the beginning of time and to be fair to everyone it needs to remain that way.

11. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If you would take the time to ACTUALLY READ you'd notice that isn't going to affect people because they ambush. It's going to affect the players who DON'T PLAY. It's not going to heal someone that you put into hospital, it's not going to heal someone who uses a boss to put themselves in hospital to hide. You have to be killed and then sit there for DAYS. Right now it would take over a week for this proposed change to heal me up.

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Right now I could come back after a week and still be dead even if this got changed, I'm guessing you can too because you have a lot more health than me.

13. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If you would actually read for once I let people know this was mainly for people level 400-900. Also stop talking about "fair". This game isn't fair one bit, and it never will be. As the game advances it has to change to keep up with the times. If you want to talk about every little thing from day one then how about this. Take away battle arena. The lower levels now have an advantage to level 100-200 times in a night, and people didn't have that before. Kano added undeads. Think about all those people who went so long without them who could've used them back then, it's unfair. Adding ANYTHING to this game is going to be "unfair" in some sort of way. This will help the higher levels in the long run anyway because it promotes activity and gives people a reason to stay in the game. Whenever you post you seem to be lacking even the most basic critical thinking skills. Try reading a post(then all the comments) thoroughly, then think about it for a while and the after effects it would cause on the game, and after you realize why this was brought up then type out. It seems like you only read 3 words of a post and then go off on a tirade about how it isn't fair.

14. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hey guys, this is your friendly reminder to keep things civil and respectful. There's some good discussion going on here, don't ruin it with insults or attacks.

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

maybe it could be adjusted to only take effect if ones account has be inactive for over 30 days. I think that was the intention of this idea.

IMO this is one of the best "artifically populate the fight list" Ideas ive never seen.

You cant level on undesds.They arent fun. That crap is there for people to get their gp without actually having to interact with anyone.

This idea would do wonders for the "fun" factor on myspace zombies for sure.

Even if It was a complete heal upon returning to life (the full 20 percent instead of 10 percent) it would do wonders in effort to keep active players interested.

While punishing no-one because if you quit you dont care about your stats, and If you do come back to see you've been hit on, at least you will also notice an excent increase in your fight list.

16. Elwhappo

Elwhappo New Member

I am level 2010, I find it hard to find anyone I can fight in my exp range. I have for some time. There seems to be a lot of people that like to strike and hide. If this would help in that area I am all for it!! I enjoy this game a ton, but it sure seems to make it easy to be a punk with the strike and hide stuff...

17. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I think you've calculated wrong somewhere... you generate 960 health over 24 hours

So as per your example in OP people at the lowest health achievement (10k) already heal out in 2days 2hrs time.
    I don't think forcing them to heal after being dead for 25 hours is fair.

Edit: If what Eraser said and it only applied to true inactives...then maybe.

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

Im sorry to say this, but it wouldnt help that, they have to heal everyday to do that.

19. polishpimp

Because Wonder bread so kindly reminded us to keep this civil...Im going to bite my tongue. But i do find your summary of my take on things, reasoning's and corresponding replies to be extremely humorous.

All the BS aside....it simply doesnt matter what ones level is or how, why or how long a player is dead or in the hospital....they deserve to heal at the same rate as everyone else....PERIOD! Because your circumstances such as amount of time played, strategy or level has you in a place that u dont particularly like makes zero difference. Changing any PVP aspect of the game is completely different than adding, eliminating or changing any other aspect of the game.....because it is PVP and all the intricacies in which it entails.

There is no doubt that the games need to catch up to its higher level players but this has to be done through content....not through punishing other players. It makes ZERO difference why or how long a player is in the hospital....even if they dont come back for a year or never. How about increasing the the range of levels in which I can hit down from 1k or so to 2 or 3k? I find myself much to high of a level and I want more PVP action despite how it would affect anyone else...the games they are a changing...right? Dont agree with that? Me either....its just an example of how goofy this idea is.

You are right about one thing and that is that Kano often times changes thing in a mature game that has an adverse affect on existing players or players past the level in which the change would affect. Its extremely unfortunate that the lions share of these adverse affects fall on Kanos most dedicated players and not much is ever offered in the form of compensation. This may be in part why many higher leveled players eventually quit. But do we want them to do even more of this? This particular idea would help a very small portion of high leveled players (wouldnt do nothing for me). So basically all it would be doing is giving a very very small group of individuals an advantage....Im not cool with that even if it was helping me.

Lets say this idea was implemented, for it to have any affect there would need to be players in your range correct? How long before this wonderful idea has u leveled up and out of their range making it all pointless? You could argue that this would affect so few accounts and even then it would still be very limited....once again I would argue whats the point? You state that this would help higher leveled players yet u want this new idea to kick in at a very low level.....considering there is waaaaay more inactive or unplayed accounts at the level in which u want this idea to start than there is at the higher levels.....how is this helping the higher levels more? Wouldnt the mid level players even have more bodies to pound on?

In the end...Players such as ourselves leveled ourselves to where we are, it would be nice if there was more game content in front of us and that we were not limited/restricted in nearly every way for doing exactly what the game was designed to have us do .....but that onus falls on the developers....not the other players.

20. Eraser

Eraser Member

I dont know how many times it has to be said, that its not a suggestion directed to help higher levels. Its to populate the fight list in the lower where everyone quits the game. It would do wonders for those people to be able to keep advancing and hold an intrest in the game long enough to make it to the fighting levels of the game.

Quiting the game is not a strategy, If you just insert the 30 days of inactivty to the idea, it punishes nobody. Ive quit my MS for several months, I could really care less who attacks and kills me.