Cloudwalkers, Demigods, and Songreavers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mr. Murphy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Maler

Maler Member

In my opinion, these new characters are not worth the price. I will not spend 175 FP's on a downgrade.
    Waiting for the new characters :rolleyes:

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Apparently Kano is offering refunds. So why not take one for a test run...if ya dont like just contact Kano and get your FP/UN back. It makes perfect sense considering Kano didnt explain clearly that these new characters wouldnt piggy back one another in terms of benefit and there is much more benefit to be had for the price the lower in levels you are. Refunds may be the best idea Kano ever had. TY!

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I agree with the Pimp. When I did my maths I ended up working out that by retaining the same character stream I gain all round so am sort of 'happy' with that. If I changed then the losses are quite dramatic. I am still saving at the mo...

4. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I think that with any game the wider it is the more variation there will be. What is good for one player is not good for another player, that is obvious. The more choice any of us have in how we build our character and what kind of directions we take is all good in my opinion. We already have a choice in how we build our character's five attributes. Will it be largely for coin or fighting, that is our choice. Then we have guilds, good for some but others prefer to be solo. When I started my guild the cost at my level was immense, now that same cost is laughable to me as I am much higher. I think that anything that adds another facet to the game is good. It certainly is interesting to see some of the debates that go on in the forum, I contribute as well, but then to those of us who do contribute this, this in itself is another facet of the game. Ok, so some bits & pieces need ironing out, Kano cannot please all of the people all of the time but hey guys, at least they are trying and we are all still here :D

5. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

By the way, I have done an upgrade now. I agree with most of everybody's comments above but it was my choice to save up and spend 175 FP's. It has not made a dramatic difference but I did not expect it to. I just wanted to have that little bit of extra edge so chose to do an upgrade. Probably do it again in the future too when relevant.

6. polishpimp

My biggest concern is the permanent boosts they give to ones attack n Def. How much further will that go with the characters that are yet to be released at the higher levels?

Kano has always taken the stand they will never sell skill points as it will upset the balance. Selling characters with permanent boosts to attack and def is essentially the same thing as selling skill points.

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

LOL cmon man, selling fps IS selling skill points....you of all people should know that. its like putting skill points on layaway and you get them after you kill bosses haha

8. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

I would not buy 175 FPs. I would save it up over 200 levels.

9. polishpimp

Huh? not even close. There are only a certain amount of SP available via leveling and achievements at any particular stage of the game. Nothing can upset the balance of these games more SP. SP is permanent additions to attributes as is the boost provided by the new characters. Fp /UN is disposable. Ive no doubt Kano took all this into careful consideration but Im still curious as to how far will it go moving forward with the new characters. Considering the cost involved I would think it would become a fairly signifigant advantage by the time they got to the last set of characters. At least it should be anyways, especially considering that those of us that are eligible already for the other characters to be released are being put at a disadvantage at the moment for not buying the most recent character....but why would we do that when the others should be sooner rather than later....seems like a waste of FP/UN to me. In the end....Kano swore up and down they would never sell SP....but in essence thats exactly what the boost is...Sp just by another name.

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Now we have +0.25% power boost applied at lvl 1850 character, they are planing 3 more lines of characters and my guess is that at lvl 5400 the boost will be +0.5%, at lvl 9200 +0.75 and at lvl 12800 +1% power boost.

I dont find this unbalancing at all, at high lvls everyone has lots of stamina, and for any extra stamina you use for stamina boost you get an extra 3% power boost.

11. Demonik1

uhhhh youre right, its not close, its dead on. you buy fps to use them on stam refills, you use your stamina on bosses to boss level, you get skill points when you level. not as fast as being able to just buy skill points but theres no difference whatsoever no matter which way you want to argue it and im sure you will, whats new?

12. polishpimp

@ Demonik.

Aside from our differences in the game I have a lot of respect for what you bring to the forums. Your an intelligent guy who obviously has a better grasp on The mechanics, strategey and reading the people who play these games than most of the others that visit these forums. But much like me you can be way off base at times...this is one of those times...lol.

"selling fps IS selling skill points"

Come on....if this were the case then Kano would actually be selling Skill points, can u imagine anything that would sell better? As fun as it might be to be a level 200 with a 50k attack n Def....can u imagine what would become of the games? lol. With the ability to buy SP would there be nearly the need to buy FP or to level up? No matter what anybody else did in terms of leveling or purchasing items....one could simply lay down a stack of cash and buy a few thousand more SP.

FP/UN allows for opportunity which can result in SP but the work/time still needs to be done. I suppose the same can be said for any of the attributes one allocates to as well. Skill point and where they are allocated carries more weight in the performance of ones account than anything else but they must be earned whether one purchases FP/UN to do so or not.

A permanent boost to attack and defense is like an receiving extra skill points on top of allocating to defense and attack every time one does it. Every time one adds to defense or attack the entire total goes up by what ever the percentage of the boost is. Thats a far cry from buying a couple of limited items and adding to ones warrior or weapons total by a few points.

Basically if one buys a character that includes these boosts they are essentially buying a permanent, immediate and ongoing skill point boost. The whole point of my comment was not that I necessarily disagreed with that (still deciding on that), but rather to point out that Kano swore up n down down that they would never do that....well now they have.

13. Demonik1

im not saying that they should just sell skill points outright, im just saying that buying fps is the same thing. its not like the 5 points per level are random and you get pleasantly surprised when you receive them.....people that regularly buy fps are buying skill points in a roundabout way

besides that, you get more of a boost from your loadout than that measley percentage boost from those cheesy new characters. there are plenty of things people swear up and down upon yet hypocrisy gets the best of them, life is the best example of that

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have played a game where you could buy "skill points", and it helped to destroy that game and if Kano if did sell them I would have never started these (Kano) games, when that game was finally closed down, approx three years ago, after seeing the outcome it had.