Cheating at the game and what is Kano doing about it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

There is competition and then uber competition. Uber I guess is no holds barred. Do anything you can do within the laws of physics v. the terms of use.

The terms of use is tricky. As is the business decisions of the game operator on enforcing it.

1) Can you use a phone to heal and a computer to attack? YES OR NO ...
    2) If YES, thank you. I will start using the methods of the cheats.
    3) If NO, get rid of at least 5 players doing this. End of story. "We" know who you are and so should Kano.
    4) Can you use an audoclicker and a computer? YES OR NO ...
    5) If YES, thank you. I will start using one to hunt like others do when its of convenience.
    6) If NO, get rid of at least 4 players who do this. End of story. "We" know who you are and so should Kano.
    7) Can you use two computers at once, one to heal and one to attack? YES or NO ...
    8) If YES, thank you. I will start using two computers. Or three. Or four.
    9) If NO, get rid of at least 5 players using two or more computers at once. "We" know who you are and so should Kano.
    10) iMacro Scripts: can we use programs we self-develop or others use, and share, and play the game? YES OR NO? ...
    11) If YES, thank you. I will start using these programs.
    12) If NO, get rid of at least 11 more players who use them off and on. "We" know you are and so should Kano.

In essence if you are going to cheat at a "game" there is no game here to play. I won't play it. I prefer my computer and mouse and beat the snot out of the cheats. However, I am tired of seeing cheats in action, ruining the game for others and in greed, fun, avarice, antisocial, sociaopathic jollies. To you who cheat, you destroy what you cheat at and gain nothing. If this were "my" game, no suspensions, no tap on the wrist. GONE GONE GONE.

To Kano, to each of the above perhaps Kano, the operator of these games, wishes to comment as to what is conforming to your TOU and not and what are the penalties involved. I remind money players who cheat and non-money players who cheat are still cheaters.

Kel
    Founder, Freedom, Fun Forever in VC (and other Kano Apps)
    "All group members embrace the notion of freedom and fun in gaming playing Kano games, in particular Viking Clan. Members will not engage in excess public vitriol, slander or defame others. We will not cheat in the game(s) and any identified cheaters will be brought to justice by all! We wish to bring back fun, our number one goal, on a clean game basis!'*
    *248 members all of whom do not necessarily like each other but do agree to the above.

2. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Agree totally in this.... If kano dont know after all reports they get.... Well maybe they shall take a better look at them then
    Nop i dont like all players but i respect we all are different and play in different ways
    But i respect the game and what game shall be about
    NO CHEATING
    I hate cheaters
    Looking forward to Kanos replay in this :))))))

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  3. Kel the Merciful King

Now of course the use of an autoclicker or iMacro script is not confined to hitting and healing.

Boss creaming or just "2 hitting a boss" seems like a pretty good program in use as well. No matter how fast one is manually, its no competition v. the program.

Yes or no? 2 people should be banned for this "dabbler" especially when they are hitting and healing at the same time.

Now add in the auto-adventure, auto boss play, with the auto hit and heal, can all 4 of the above be used at once?
    Yes or no? 1 ringleader for sharing this should be banned with the other 10 who can do this at wll.

DeanTheGreat likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It is a lost cause, IMO since players that us these features can fool kano by staying right below a threshold that would constitute cheating, We all know it goes on, we all know it is in all the games, and we all know the ones who do get caught, don't listen to the advice of whomever shared this cheat link, about how fast to set them, they might get a warning or two or three, but that seems to be it in most cases.

5. The Rage

The Rage Member

I have always been a good , honest, fast hunter. What I have seen lately is an increase in the speed of which these bounties disappear.There is also the debate of why do many people get locked out of hunting while a few are able to hit repeatedly and do it at a superhuman speed. I also know of a few people that can out hit players in a battle. And by out hit I don't mean they win a few more then yourself. These people have the means to out hit you at a rate of 3 to 1 and sometimes as much as 5 to 1, having the ability to put you in the hospital before you even get a hit in. These same tactics they use are also absolutely used in arena , guild wars and boss killing. I have reported several people for their ability to super hit but like always, Kano turns a blind eye. It is frustrating to say the least, but at the end of the day I can sleep soundly knowing that I have collected several bounties from right under the noses of these pukes in the game that find it necessary to cheat .

6. May I jump in here? I have been in BA a few times now and have had the occasion to somehow get "hi-jacked" and ride piggyback on a person who does this high speed attacking. It's as if watching an entire tier being sucked down a vortex in mere seconds and the Vikings being attacked go down in flashes before my eyes. I am receiving no hits or credits, but I am seeing what is going on, and am prostrate to do anything but watch. Because everyone's names are "Viking", I have no clue as to who is doing it and where I am located or what tier I am on. The only way to get off is hit the refresh button. I have had this happen only when attacking from the list and not from the button above. I have only spoken of this to a trusted one or two, and here I am now. It's wrong and I would like it stopped.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We take reports sent to us seriously and Support always takes some sort of action when we look into accounts, whether that is removing access to gameplay features, contacting the player to inquire about their possible use of automated programs or even temporary/permanent bans. Unorthodox hardware set ups are allowed on a case-by-case basis, as long as the use of such set-ups do not allow a player to outperform what a regular person would be able to do. Kano is committed to a fair game just like our players are. Third-party programs and tools make the experience less enjoyable so we are always trying new methods to stay ahead and curb cheating. :)

George Burd, kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  8. The Rage

The Rage Member

mi7ch, well there have been a few people that I have reported for superhuman hitting ability. Those players were not permanently/ or temporarily banned.. they did not lose access to game play... and they still have the same superhuman hitting ability. now if you contacted them and found out how this is possible and it is within the rules, by all means as a Company you should divulge this information to the rest of your customers, so we can have a fun and fair game. I for one know for a fact that a regular person with a regular mouse can't click as fast as these people seem to be able to. You can also see when you battle that something is being turned on and off. hits staying relatively close until it changes and that is when you can not get a single hit in with full health before you are back in hospital. so whether Kano says they are curbing the problem or not, you can see where our frustration and lack of confidence in your action comes from. Maybe one way to see what we are talking about is making a character that is fairly equal in size to these people and start picking at them until they unleash their secrets. Just a thought.

9. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

I don't believe that Hitlist bots work, Kano prevents it in every way possible. You might see 1 or 2 cash players who try to use it but Kano goes against it. Fact.

10. Kirsten

Cash has nothing to do with bots/scripts/auto attack or auto healing they are free to use. Here on Fb we see players who seem very suspicious here and there and it is usually the same, ones.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  11. Kel the Merciful King

"Unorthodox hardware set ups are allowed on a case-by-case basis, as long as the use of such set-ups do not allow a player to outperform what a regular person would be able to do. "

So in essence, healing with a phone and hitting with a mouse off a computer is fine. Using two (or more) computers is fine. The whole idea of doing this, unless adaptive technology is required i.e. you have a disability, is to be able to do more than the regular person - YOU - would be able to do. If you as a person cannot play well with a mouse and computer or just a phone, and have to resort to the simultaneous use of two or more independent devices at once to become a "regular" player, that regular player is again not the one YOU ought to be. This is wrong on so many fronts.

It also explains the continued two seat play I see ( two players in the same account at once). It also explains superhuman behavior being tolerated.

This says to me capitulation versus this use of technology.

I guess at the office, I will wonder now what "regular" person I should be, if I am not. I do have my moments where I am quite quick so maybe if I am not in those moments, I should use some unorthodox setup to make sure I am "regular". This is whacked.

Where is Mr Freeze when you need him. My lament.

DeanTheGreat and Kirsten like this.
  12. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

if the innocent players who play fair know what is going on u need to step your game up forget about the little computers on your end dev an kano why not shut them down if they are cheating an ban them from all access from the kano servers it would be alot safer an better off...but then again i know cheaters pay there way to stay in the game bc it feel like it almost 95% of the time...kano an the dev yall should really come clean an tell everyone what is actually going on an what is gonna be done around here with all the cheats takin over..i would like to know some answers on an on about yall are not banning players who are cheats besides letting them get there ways an come back?? but i know what needs to be done we need a new kano developer an a new owner an have them to a better person who will step up an take charge an ban players who are cheating its the only way techinally!!

Cathy Ford likes this.
  13. Kirsten

wow a new kano dev and a new owner, so I guess kano should sell their company, then lol

14. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

i openly admit to being one of the players that uses more than one pc at the same time, and it does give me an advantage. Ever since i got touchscreen computers, my game play has gotten a lot better then the old move mouse click, move mouse again. even if its on one pc, i have two windows open side by side, i can tap heal and tap attack nearly at the same time. This isn't cheating in any form or fashion. You can upgrade your pc's, just as i did! This is probably what was meant by hardware configurations. Should a person complain that they are disadvantaged in their game play against someone whom spent money in the game? What about bandwidth, is your bandwidth as good or better as the player that can beat you down quicker than you can heal and attack back? So many variables for Kano to have to consider and review. In ending, just because someone has a better game play experience than you, doesn't mean they are cheaters. I dont play VC, I play MW, perhaps what you see in your game is move pronounced than what is being communicated here, i simply toss my two cents in with you guys to say from your seat with your opinion, its easy to think you have the answer(s). Kano's seat, their logs, and their experienced review process is more on point of fairness and game growth than your single sided selfish opinion(s)

Feel free to blast away!

15. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Still, you can play with 10 computers at the same time, it doesnt get you FP's. That's why it's important to be in a pay2win game here, you cant be outcheated when you buy FP's and at the same time you support Kano which is cool too imo.

Mi7ch said they work on concepts to make cheating unrelevant and I trust in that, you see it with the power heal - that was a fantastic improvement.

16. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

the auto-heal/ bounty hunting scripts--are ez to find--but NOT by Kano-- cause- they set bounty minimum to around 2 trill==& most God bounties are much lower--- & the math question is a joke! I got 4 God bounties all "combined" under 1 T==& the question was 4 plus 1-- I hit 4 my accident==& got a warning? --Many scripts are out there- but just as easy to write your own! to meet your specific needs-- IE-- Auto Calender, every 30m or 45 min.-- auto WB--every 4 hrs----BA--auto click 1million X's (really)-- GW's auto check Guilds under 5m health--

now I'm sure most aren't doing all them-- but some do focus on some aspects-- like those "dormant" accounts that "appear" only for BA or Raids!-- or when a mass FB ban -then "magically" sooo many games at level 100 2yrs-- know everyones names in WC?

things that make ya go HMM?

Deblovscats1 and Kirsten like this.
  17. Kel the Merciful King

I will blast away thank you. You use two devices at once to play better than you would with one. Proud of it too. You compare that to you on a souped up machine with a superior connection and likely you are still ahead to where you would be otherwise. This is exactly what I am talking about. People like you ruin these games. Be proud of it.

In terms of the spirit of the rules, if you have a problem and need to balance it to "regular play", you can do things is what I see the operator as in acceptance of. To do more than that, is cheating every one who plays these games with you.

I am glad you came forward. I hope one of your rivals reports you and quotes this post. And then if it is indeed breaking the rules, by your own statement, then it be dealt with.

Again, you post nothing has changed in a month. Thank you in advance. The tacit acceptance of this means lots to lots of people.

BTW single sided selfish opinions? Sure. How about people who don't like cheats like you admit to being, from their perspective? To me, you are a cheating the players who play competitively the game you are in, believing in whatever computer-mouse-connection they have, that is their toolbox (plus money if they choose to spend ...yada yada). End of story. If the justification is that everyone else is doing it, well, that is the problem of the operator and like I said upline, more will do this and some will say, lets find another game to patronize or cease paying anything towards the upkeep of these games. I think the line in the sand should be drawn firmly, and if unorthodox setups like yours, are "legal" that make you better than you would be otherwise all other things being equal, we ought to know this.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to know the TOS rule "without cheating" of 2 mice, or a mouse and touch pad on laptop?(1 computer) Is this allowed? It's unorthodox, but is this a case by case basis?

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I think some players need to read the TOS and Kano needs to reiterate them in this thread, as soon as they get in on Thurs.

20. Vic

Vic Active Member

this is demoralizing, but i don't worry about it. it's sad that some players feel the need to cheat or exploit loopholes. i am still able to level up each day and enjoy the games, and if Kano can't/won't do anything about it, then oh well.

George Burd likes this.