[LCN] Chat not connecting

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Don Wiesner, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Don Wiesner

Don Wiesner New Member

Is chat still dependent upon Adobe Flash? Is this going to be fixed?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The World Chat actually does not use Flash so the problem must stem from elsewhere. Have you tried submitting a ticket to Support about this issue? :)

3. Don Wiesner

Don Wiesner New Member

It appears to be an issue with Firefox. No interest in switching browsers, so I guess I won't bother with chat.

4. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the connection, sometimes mine takes a little time to connect. I only use it for boss help.

5. Don Wiesner

Don Wiesner New Member

I just checked it....works in MIE. Did you devs bother to do a cross browser check? If it works in MIE and not Firefox (and it always worked fine in both) someone didn't do due diligence.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Firefox is one of the most popular Internet browsers worldwide, so we most certainly would have checked to see if our chat worked on it. :)

Out of curiosity you wouldn't happen to be using Avast as your anti-virus program?

AXXO likes this.
  7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I can confirm that Mitch is onto the right track with Avast anti-virus being the probably cause of the chat app not funtioning for some over the last 2 weeks.

On my laptop, i have Avast version 2015.10.2.2218 and chat works
    Office Desktop, I have Avast versions 2015.10.3. and chat DOES NOT WORK

If the developers have the remedy, please post it for us Mitch. If not, I can take a deeper look and find the conflict later this evening when time permits.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Right now we're looking at a potential fix. Other than that, the only way we have found to access our chat while running Avast is to go into Avast Settings, navigate to "Active Protection" and turn Web Shield off.

You can also choose to disable the Web Shield for a temporary amount of time if you would prefer the shield to be enabled after playing.

AXXO likes this.
  9. Don Wiesner

Don Wiesner New Member

That was the issue. Thanks

mi7ch likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I use chrome and it takes forever in the games to load very annoying and not getting any better just the same kinda like the refresh issue no better but just as annoying

Tony Montana likes this.
  11. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I use firefox and it's quite fast when I play the game. I'd recommend firefox for any connection. I've been using it for 4-5years now. one issue i experienced is that sometimes i get a crash message. but that's once in a blue moon.

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I do not like that browser at all tried it years ago it is so slow tried it again recently , same thing, Safari works better than Firefox which I use on my desktop but still have issues Mac laptop is in the repair shop , use chrome on that , Firefox sucks for me there also gonna try opera when I get my laptop back the lag even happens on my iPhone , but chat works good on it and from the iOS app

Tony Montana and AXXO like this.