[PC] Chat is Coming to Pirate Clan on Kano Play!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 27, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi everybody,

I have some great news about Kano Play today. As we continue to iterate on it and make it a better platform to play our games, we've turned our eye towards requests that have come up a lot from our players. A chat system was one of them, so today we're pleased to announce that we're pushing chat out to Pirate Clan on Kano Play!

This is a Beta test of the chat and there will be some bumps, but if everything goes well you can expect to see this percolate over to the other games on Kano Play shortly. If you experience any difficulty with the chat, please let us know either here in the thread or by writing in to Support!

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i just refreshed my page and there is the chat on the side of the screen i like seeing it up and running but now it makes world chat a joke cus why pay one speaker when you can just chat through the chat bar on the side of the game.

one adjustment that i would make is to have the ability to move the chat around the screen to get it to your personal likings

and one more thing i just relized is that you are not able to see the persons name who is posting stuff so you dont know who it is. you only get to see there profile picture

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

With respect to "World Chat", it has the benefit of being persistent plus having to pay speakers for it it will likely not be filled with noise. So random chat specific to game or not can be in the chat but you may not get as many eyeballs on it as the world chat since it is persistent and will not have the same high frequency of KP chat.

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

actually i never thought of it that way and it is completely true. because if we didnt pay i could see it turning into some of those youtube videos where the comments are well you know... and then the people who ask to add or join an armada would be less likly to be heard. thank you for saying that didnt think of it that way lol

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

how is this diff from the chat we use to have that was taken away....other than it looking diff?

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What chat is that?

7. polishpimp

huh? the chat we used to have in the games from day 1...it was a designated page. The abuses on on it were rampant and it was a daily topic here in the forums because of its lack of moderating...eventually you guys just eliminated it all together and came up with the world chat. Was it called the "world feed"?

Is the old chat one of those things we pretend never existed...like an area 51 kinda thing? lol"

The more I think about it.....that was a HUGE deal losing that feed back in the day...It was a very popular feature. Yeah....the abuses were off the charts and it def wasnt for the faint of heart or children but it was a lot of fun at the same time. A whole lot of rivalries were born in them feeds....those were good times. Its a shame we cant get those back.....the WC and this new one is just so limited its not the same...pretty much like the rest of the games....just too limited. I applaud Kanos efforts to bring in something new but perhaps its time to go back to Ye olde west and let us all go at it again bareknuckled.

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The World Boss feed?

We have some filters set in this chat and we plan to have a better reporting system.

This is an actual chat system, unlike the world chat that is in the game for free, the new chat is an actual chat detached from the game.

9. polishpimp

Holy crap Kendal you are confusing the heck outta me. Granted...i just started my second cup of coffee and Im not all together quite yet.....but u have to be Fing with me....lol

The world chat is free? detached from the game? so what its on diff servers? Honestly none of this stuff is really all that important to me other than I cant believe you dont remember the old world feed. It was kind of like the world boss feeds but it had filters for clan only and all players. It was a page that was meant strictly for yacking at one another. This was a feature that was in place from day 1. Granted it was long time ago...way before I started my current account. I actually went off on you guys because u deleted my name while in the middle of a heated discussion with a group of old rivals in that feed . Apparently u guys thought "folly the beloved motormouth of odin" was a bit to similar to a then active players name and that my animated avatar of flapping gums was mocking the player. Is this a sore subject that we are not to mention and pretend it never existed....kind of like a n old forum guy who shall remain nameless? lol

Any ways...Im gonna go grab another cup of Joe and come back and reread this post....lol

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Chat needs to go off the mobile versions. It's taking up to much space. You can't catch bounties because that dang tab gets in the way. And yes i can catch bounties on a phone it's possible done it many of times. When your scrolling the page that chat box looks like the end of the solitare game on most computers where it bounces the hell of the cards faster and faster. That is what that chat box looks like when you scroll on your phone a modern slinky. You claimed you didn't want to add to much on the pages or made buttons when we asked for a confirmation button. Because it would clutter the page. Well your cluttering the page right now. Give us the option of closing the side dock chat permanent on mobile devices or don't install it on mobile.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get the developer working on Chat to implement a fix!

Update: We've pulled Chat from the mobile version of our games for now until we figure out a better implementation. :)

12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Thank you.

13. Captain Seago

Captain Seago New Member

Can the "Chat" Open/Close Tab be moved? Presently it is covering the end of the XP Box making it hard to tell how much more XP one needs before leveling up.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, we will have to make some adjustments for the smaller resolutions based on player feedback.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will be reverting to the old in game chat today and revisiting on Monday based on feedback.