[VC] CHAT has not been working on and off all week

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Neil Wheeler, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

WC has remained "unflushed" for three days - a new record and if means it's finally been fixed - then thank you and congrats to the Kano techies! Job board chat seems to still be short lived.

2. Birkebeiner

WC was flushed, job board is just a stump.... We lost it all, again.

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

System
    Chat is connecting.

Wonderful while a Raid event is on ...

4. the dog

the dog New Member

Hired Mobsters: 100% Full

5. Birkebeiner

SOS:(

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've bumped this up in priority, we'll be looking at it today.

7. Birkebeiner

Well, there have been good times and bad times since you bumped this... I think we managed about a day uptime - once.

Not fixing world chat on the Kong/AG server is a big problem. WC is the only way to communicate publicly with non-aligned players, only way to welcome new players and it could be a big part of creating a sense of community. There comes a point when player numbers will be simply too low for the server to be worthwhile, at that stage it'll be too late to provide the mobile gaming platform or fixing WC - so, Kano, save yourself an impossible task and fix the small stuff now to keep the server going for as long as possible.

Player activity is a solid indication of how long a player is likely to stick around. You can see how many times players log on, how much they do when they log on and you can track this over time to "know" what that player is going to do in the future (stick around or quit). Fixing WC will get players to log on to see "what is going on" - it will increase player activity.

8. WorldB

WorldB Member

Totally agree with the above point.

When discussing the game with players (new or existing) in world chat, much valuable information is posted in the World Chat board. When the content on that board vanishes daily/hourly/often, there is no continuity or ability for that information to get to a larger audience it's gone when they go to look for/at it.

9. Birkebeiner

S.O.S. it's still SNAFU and now it affects the new "Tavern Chat" too...

I haven't posted about this or anything else for a while as I don't see the point - I suppose this post is equally pointless, but it's been on my mind for months and I've got a couple of spare minutes... maybe it'll be good for my psycheo_O

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what this is about. I just opened up the chat, and I was able to see posts going back 24 hours. Then I closed it, as there was nothing of interest.

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This is a thread from april, and not sure what platform they are talking about, and since then we now have the tavern, at least on FB, but I am wondering how many times a day, Jobs and Tavern reset, not that it bothers me, ( I think it keeps the drama at bay ) ( a bit) although I luv the drama ) and it does not take the heat off of the ones who run their mouths, as we all have their links anyeay and can resume , where we left off :p )just wondering, some days I am not around as much , but seems the frequency has increased ???