[PC] Changes to the Skill Allocator

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 27, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello everyone,

In our efforts to keep the games fresh, and to draw in and keep new people, we're making some slight changes to the Skill Allocator. This isn't anything major, more of just a cosmetic refresh to make things a bit more clear. Our data showed that there was a large percentage of players who didn't bother allocating Skills Points (outside of players who stockpile them), so we took the Allocator back to the drawing board to give it a makeover. The end result is much snappier and easier to understand than the old one, so here are some screenshots to show you what the Allocator will look like when we roll it out to the games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This screen only shows up in the first Location to familiarize new players with the Allocator.

[​IMG]

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

sence you guys are doing a makover for the skill allocation box i think you guys should make a different symble for stamina so it isnt the same as attack. also will there be an option like it is with the rule section where you can view the old version, but the option would be a little checkbox you click that will make it permanat to keep the old one unless you uncheck the box for it.

it would be good for the people who dont either dont like the new one or just prefer the other skill allocation box, but overall it looks good and am happy to see a new model for it.

3. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

this aint gonna make a different what it is u know what u need to do is focus more on other things then the easy ones in opinion...i prefer to keep the one that i have i really dont like this tho...can we have options to keep our old skill locator whoever wants the new ones they can have them...

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't think we're including the ability to switch between the old Skill Allocator and the new one at this time although we can certainly investigate that option.

5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well mi7ch i hope u can do that option i really dont like this idea an to be placed on my game when i know that i am use to the original....about me now i like old school lol...

6. CutthroatXnRay

CutthroatXnRay New Member

I think it is a fine makeover. I do not see it helping with new players, but it does look great.

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like the new look, some need to have an open mind and deal with things better,IMO

8. MorbidMario

MorbidMario Member

Decent looking interface, not sure why people would be stockpiling skill points .... to what end .... bizarre

9. neill1990

so any news on if there will be an option to revert back to the other one yet.

and i think i have an answer for why people stockile. i guess i would be considered one of them but im not stockpiling alot. and the reason i do is because its a little thing that iritaetes me if you are looking at your stats and you see you have (ill use my health) 72010 health. i likr them to be a good solid number that ends in 0 or 5. so i almost always have about 2 or 3 skill points just sitting there. and others might do the same where they dont spend the SP unless they have 5 of them or if you are going for stam what i did was only up it once per 2 levels so when i had 10 SP avalible so i could get 5 more stam instead of 2 stam then having to wait another level to get it back to a 5.

but i have an exeption, and it is ONLY when you guys add new achievments and i have the corect amount but it doesnt pop so i put 1 point there but it iritates me to see my stam at 3001 but i dont want to put anymore in it right now because i am going for health but after i ge the achievment ill go and make my stam 3005.

hope you understand what i am trying to say

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

The thread for ZS was moved into a mass confusion thread so I will post my feedback here.

I dont like that there is no longer a description that 1 skill gets you 10 health.

and moreso, I dont like that there is no longer a count of how much you add before you save. That was helpful to me, because I always add my skills by a ratio.

Its a little sleeker but I could SWEAR this was supposed to HELP new players understand what/how they are adding skills better.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the suggestions Eraser. I will talk with the UI team about how to best address the count of applied skills and the health reminder.

EDIT: Turns out it should have been counting applied skills from the get go but "someone" (me) broke this. It's fixed up now. As for the Health reminder we are trying to minimize the text here to make it less busy. Each stat shows the cost of Skill Points but I understand your concern. We'll continue to monitor the feedback on this and address any major issues should they arise.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We will not be supporting 2 different interfaces for this. The new one is essentially a new skin with the exact same functionality. If there are usability issues you are having please let us know.

13. neill1990

no there arent any issues usung it, just like how the other one explained it beter and was easier to use IMO. and a way to have a description about what they all do you guys could make it so that when you scroll over, lets say health it will give the old description in a little info window that pops out so people know what they are doing before the do it

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

Thanks for the fix, its not so important for the build im doing now, but was in the past, will be in the future.

Now the skill counter is fixed i dont think its such a big deal to have the reminder that 1 skill buys 10 health because it shows the +10 in pretty green letters.

but If you really did want to get better descriptions on there without muddying it up you could use an expanding tool-tip when you hover over the "cost 1 skill point" area.

now, can I have one of those brownies? :D

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

mmmmm brownies :p

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

More great suggestions guys which are much appreciated. I'll discuss further with the UI team.

17. neill1990

would you guys be able to move the + stat icons a little away from eachother becasue i realse now i am acidently clicking the wrong one at times way more frequently then before wher eit would happen maybe one a month or so, it has happend 3 times already but i caught myself before i clicked save so it is all good but they all seem alot closer then they use to be. might be because the buttons are bigger not sure, but as it is nw the buttons are basicly on top/connected to eachother, would be nice to have a little more spacing between them.

EDIT: refreshed page and they seem farther apart, not sure why but im not complainnig now the buttons arent on top of eachother like before. i think it might have been because i havent refreshed my page or something along those lines not sure. but there is spaceing betwen them now

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I have a problem.. Edit: Now, I don't cause I refreshed my page, Neil this is getting really old.

19. neill1990

well before i did the buttons use to be literary right on top of each other, and it was like that for a few days. but now it isnt.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I think the point Matthew is trying to make is to try to put some thought into your posts instead of posting every single thought that comes to your head. You could have also deleted your post when you realized the problem was resolved, rather than editing your post and bumping up the thread. Just a thought...