[VC] Changes to the Skill Allocator

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 27, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello everyone,

In our efforts to keep the games fresh, and to draw in and keep new people, we're making some slight changes to the Skill Allocator. This isn't anything major, more of just a cosmetic refresh to make things a bit more clear. Our data showed that there was a large percentage of players who didn't bother allocating Skills Points (outside of players who stockpile them), so we took the Allocator back to the drawing board to give it a makeover. The end result is much snappier and easier to understand than the old one, so here are some screenshots to show you what the Allocator will look like when we roll it out to the games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This screen only shows up in the first Location to familiarize new players with the Allocator.

[​IMG]

2. Maler

Maler Member

can't really say it's an improvement. it worked so fine until now. i'll give another opinion once it's been released.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

As Mi7ch said this is more of a cosmetic refresh than anything. Functionality wise everything is pretty much the same with the biggest difference being that when you earn an achievement it will be displayed along side the skill allocator. So 1 modal instead of 2 if you intended on apply your new skill points.

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I hope that at lvlup there will be no pop-up window, if I fight in the Arena or Guild Wars and this comes up in the wrong moment I could loose a kill.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Level Up screen only shows up in the first Location, so anything beyond that will function as it has in the past. It just looks fancier. :)

6. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

*looks at "Favour Point" amount in the background*

All I can say on the amount is...
    [​IMG]

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Darn you and your eagle eyes! This screenshot was taken on a test server, so there's no account with this amount (that we have, anyways). ;)

8. yep 9000 favor points and only needs 40 xp to level up

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so, i guess ill have to be the one to state the extremely obvious....we've been waiting for customized loadouts for i dont know how long and this cosmetic crap is whats partially holding it up??? grrrr sajodhfiuasgfaugsfdkjdgs!!!

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Funny you should mention that as Custom Loadouts are on their way out TODAY! They are currently live on PC and we are monitoring usage there for a little bit before the rest of the games get them. If you have a PC account check it out, otherwise this will be hitting the rest of the games this afternoon so long as something doesn't go completely sideways.

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lmao! well i would apologize but then again thats just not my style ;p i have a weak pc account but will check it out, thanks for the heads up